Start by marking “Ghostly Encounter (Ghostly, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ghostly Encounter (Ghostly, #1)

Ghostly Encounter (Ghostly #1)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Ghostly Encounter (Ghostly Series - Book One), a young adult paranormal romance

Seventeen-year-old Mia Randall longs for someone to take her mind off her heartrending breakup with her first real boyfriend. When she meets Benjamin, he does exactly that.

There’s only one problem. He’s a ghost.

Private Benjamin Alexander Richards, a Confederate soldier, is captivated by Mia the
Published July 9th 2012 by Suzannah Daniels (first published July 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ghostly Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghostly Encounter

Marie-Claude aka MC
I must admit, I didn't expect much getting into this book. It was offered to me for free in exchange of an honest review, thanks to Lovers of Paranormal group. So an honest review is what I'll give! =)

I. COMPLETELY. LOVED. THIS. BOOK. And I'm not saying this just to be nice. I appreciate the author's generosity to give away copies of her book. But I am completely honest in my review here. I really really REALLY did love this book. I read it so fast. 2 days and I was done. And with my life being
Sara (sarabara081)
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

3.5 stars!

I adore ghost stories. There is something about them that grabs my attention and won't let go. A girl and a ghost falling in love sounds heartbreaking and immediately like something I would want to find out more about because really, how can this end well? Ghostly Encounter was so much more than I could have ever expected!

Mia is the typical teenage girl dealing with a bad breakup and trying to move on and enjoy the summer with friends
Mallory Heart Reviews
Jul 30, 2012 Mallory Heart Reviews rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of Paranormal
Shelves: july-2012-reads
Smooth and well-written, “Ghostly Encounter” presents an intriguing premise: Can a living individual be soul mates with the ghostly spirit of a person long-dead? If so, can the two ever “unite”? While the reader is pondering these matters, author Suzannah Daniels puts another unexpected spin on the question, with terrifying gatekeeper apparitions and time travel! And then she weaves present into past, doubly, with the addition of our protagonist Mia’s seemingly uninterested former boyfriend, Mat ...more
Stephanie Moakes
I really loved this book and I managed to finish it in one sitting because I couldn’t make myself put it down even when it meant getting on five hours sleep. The way Daniels built her story always kept me on the brink of my seat in anticipation of what was going to come next. Daniels writing is stunning and every chapter was beautifully written, the story was slow at first but I can’t say it bothered me because the writing was brilliant.

This was my first ghost story so I wasn’t really sure what
Kathryn Adair
This was something different for me to read. But i loved it! the Story line was good. Mia had a broken heart from her break up with her boyfriend. She needed to move on and by meeting Benjamin she was able to. A connection to him that made her want to see him all the time something people would say they were soulmates. Sounds like just another love story,but its no he is dead a ghost and even that doesnt stop her from wanting to be with him to sit and talk to him. Things happen in this story tha ...more
Bebe Brennen
I'm a very picky reader....But I loved this book. It totally deserves five stars. It's in my top five favourites.

Mia is my favourite character. She's kind, sweet and accepting of the ghost. And I like the ghost character too. You feel so bad for him because he's had to suffer for a century but then he meets her and its so sweet because she's like a godsend to him. And at first she's kinda freaked out but she quickly accepts him.

The book choked me up at the end which makes me want to read the se
Mark
I honestly liked this book.
The story starts out with the main character, Mia Randall meeting
Benjamin Alexandra Richards, and then soon afterwards, discovers his secret,
gradually they start falling in love. Midway through the story, an event
causes Mia to experience what life was like for Benjamin.
An okay story and well worth the read, ends on a cliff hanger.
Suzannah Daniels
Jul 11, 2012 Suzannah Daniels added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the first book in my Ghostly series. I grew up right on the GA/TN line, and this book is set in the area between East Ridge (Chattanooga), TN and Fort Oglethorpe, GA. I hope you love Mia and Benjamin as much as I do!
Dreamscape Covers
I may be a bit biased, as I am the cover artist. However, Suzannah Daniels is a phenomenal author and person.
Cristina
This book was a freebie from the Lovers of Paranormal Group.

The beginning of the story was slow and steady. The main character, Mia, had an immediate likability factor that made you interested in finding out what was going to happen to her. Who was this ghost? Why was he coming to see her? And what future could she possibly have with a ghost?? All these thoughts were going through my mind...and then, the twist.

I will not spoil it for anyone, but this to me is when the story came alive. This is
Deana
Ghostly encounters is book one of the story of Mia Randall, a seventeen year old, who is dealing with a painful break up with her high school boyfriend. One fated night Mia meets Benjamin, a boy that she is instantly drawn to. The problem? He’s a ghost. Benjamin is a Confederate soldier from the civil war. Every time Benjamin returns to his own time he relives his death again until he meets Mia, and through a series of events she is transported back to the 19th century, where
she changes the cou
Wajidha Noorally
This is so beautifully written.
It makes me want to have a Benjamin, an ever so polite-gentleman.
I sobbed so much by the end of the book and I do hope the second book will bring Benjamin back in a way or make Mia overcome Ben's lost. Not only Mia, but us, readers too.
It was a precious trip back through time filled with romance, pure romance.
Ah! Now I need another book while my heart mends again and wait for the sequel.

Thank You Suzannah for this beautiful story.
Sharon
While I can't say I fell completely in love with this book, I did find it a thoroughly enjoyable read.

With a hint of Diana Gabaldon's 'Outlander Series', we are drawn back in time with Mia and Benjamin as they escape the terrifying gatekeeper.

There is a good progression in the character development, and all the characters are likeable and relatable. While the romantic side of Mia and Benjamin's story progresses slowly, I didn't really feel any chemistry between them.

For the most part it is well
Tiana Lemons
This book was really good! At the beginning, I thought that Mia was a bit too depressed but as I got into the book, I was completely enchanted by the storyline. It really reminded me of another book that I read before this one but the "green-eyed monster" is really creative. I have never read anything like this before. At first, I thought that this would be a cliched story, but I was wrong. The characters are strong and this story seems really realistic. I can imagine every scene that happens wi ...more
Alice
2 stars.

I can't believe I was able to finish this book!,
I thought the idea of this book was good, but to be quite honest I found the story itself odd.
The further I got into the book, the more I realized that it wasn't going to deliver. I felt that it was way too odd and absurd for what the main story actually was. It seemed the story was just drawn out for no reason at all. No offense

So, all I can say is, sorry because the writing, story, plot, and character was terrible. I really couldn't get
Heidi
I struggled getting into this story but it got better as it went on. I think this is a perfect teenage story ( I'm a little older). The story was well written and went quickly.
Paula Genereau
Paula Genereau marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 21, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Jeanna Read
Jeanna Read marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Megan Glass
Megan Glass marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Rodney
Rodney marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Shinta
Shinta marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Amanda Procyk
Amanda Procyk marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {2} Ghostly Encounter -Closed (Avg 4.25) 19 64 Aug 02, 2012 08:22AM
Suzannah Daniels has had an affinity for words for as long as she can remember. She grew up in North Georgia with four brothers, so she learned at an early age to admire snakes and motorcycles. When she wasn't pestering her brothers, she could usually be found reading or writing.

She has an Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, but her passion is writing.

She is the author of Viking's Embrace
More about Suzannah Daniels...

Ghostly (2 books)
  • Untitled (Ghostly, #2)
Dangerous (Dangerous Trilogy, #1) Devious (Dangerous Trilogy, #2) Wasted (Whiskey Nights, #1) Delirious (Dangerous Trilogy, #3) Ignited (Whiskey Nights, #2)

“The rainy days in life are what make us treasure the sunny days.” 6 likes
“For me, the dying part wasn’t so horrible. I was only in pain for a few moments before death arrived. For me, the difficult part was having so many things that I had yet to experience, leaving behind people that I cared about. I wasn’t through living.” 1 likes