Mennonite is the Name...Evil and Deception are the Game

Mennonite is the Name...Evil and Deception are the Game

2.18 of 5 stars 2.18  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An autobiographical account of Winnipeg's Loewen family, during its darkest history. Out of the shadows of secrets and lies - many years later - the truth emerged. This is the story of Wilhelm and Olga Loewen, their children, Willy, Vera, Walter, Heidi, and Robert.

What happened with the family owned businesses, the Piano House Ltd., and Yamaha Canada Music Ltd? Adding insu...more
Paperback, First, 352 pages
Published April 1st 2012 by Art Bookbindery

Be the first to ask a question about Mennonite is the Name...Evil and Deception are the Game

Lori
It was very hard to get through this book. The author jumps around and often doesn't complete a thought or leaves a story line hanging. As well, almost every single page was riddled with typo's, poor sentence structure, and poor spelling.
Therese
The author and her siblings were wronged, but the saddest thing is that she has never been able to move on with her life. She seems very toxic and bitter.
Dj
Heidi Loewan is a bitter, nasty person, who never took responsibility but always blamed others. This book proves that nothing has changed. At her advanced age, she should hurry up and become a better person. Just because someone writes something doesn't make it true.
Marianne
I was drawn to this book when I spotted in the bookstore because it was written by a local author. I was fascinated by the story; I knew many piano players who owned “Loewen” pianos, and went to school with some Loewen’s so my curiosity got the better of me. It was nice to read familiar German phrases and finally understand what they meant.

The author has an amazing story to tell; riddled with secrets, deception, theft and family discord – everything that is against the Mennonite belief system,...more
Coco
I couldn't finish it.
Virginia Weiss
Virginia Weiss marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Milcah
Milcah marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Clarissa Dueck
Clarissa Dueck is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2012
Chrys
Chrys marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2012