Return of the Rebel Surgeon

Return of the Rebel Surgeon

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
What he doesn’t know… Cole Lassiter, renowned surgeon, is out of his depth. Volunteering at the Special Games is already challenging his emotion-free approach, and then the one woman he’s never forgotten, whose betrayal has kept his heart locked away, walks into his surgery! She’s the mother of the boy in front of him – the boy whose dark eyes look so disconcertingly famil...more
Kindle Edition
Published October 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

Nas Dean

RETURN OF THE REBEL SURGEON by author Connie Cox is a Harlequin Mills & Boon Medical series release for August 2012.

Cole Lassiter was the last person Annabelle Allante expected to see at the special games in which her fourteen year old son was taking part.

After all he was the man who had walked away leaving her pregnant fifteen years ago. Dare she trust him again? Wouldn’t it leave her heart open to more hurt?

Meeting Belle after fifteen years, Cole couldn’t forget the betrayal he had felt by...more
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Reviewed at: HarlequinJunkie.com

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Return of the Rebel Surgeon is an emotionally packed re-union story.

Cole and Isabella were teenage sweethearts from the opposite side of the tracks; unfortunately circumstances conspired against them thus changing the course of their lives.

When Cole and Isabella meet up fifteen years later quite by accident at the special games in New Orleans, Cole is shocked to realize he has a teenage son who autistic.

I really liked Cole’s interactions with h...more
Alyssia
I've followed Ms. Cox through her published works for some time now--guilty as charged--and find RotRS to be one of her very best yet. Cole and Isabella are beautifully written dynamic characters with real issues and believable character arcs. The creativity of adding in an autistic child really did it for me, too; this is the first work of fiction I've encountered where the author braved the tender subject of autism. Ms. Cox did it and did it well.

Pick this up if you want a quick, easy read th...more
Louise Cable
Really enjoyable & easy read with a happy ending. If u want a feel good book with plenty of emotions this is perfect.

Romance & stubbornness galore & i was feeling the emotions along the way. From the beginning u know it will b a happy ending but I couldn't stop reading to find out how many obstacles needed to be overcome to get there.

It's a reasonably short story & perfect for a quick enjoyable read :-)

Thank you to Connie Cox also for her giveaway on Goodreads where I won and re...more
Alison
I didn't really enjoy the hero and heroine in this book, for some reason I couldn't really care about them enough.

I did however really appreciate the character Adrian - which brought Autism to a wider audience and appreciation.
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Tanya Davis
Tanya Davis marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jan 11, 2014
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
carol ann
carol ann marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
carol ann
carol ann marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Ksafia
Ksafia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Minn
Minn marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Isabella
Isabella marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Booklover
Booklover is currently reading it
Oct 26, 2012
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
Aditi
Aditi marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
I'm a full time author, writing romance and women's fiction.

My eclectic hobbies include crocheting, gardening and cooking (but not dishes!).I'm a Southern gal through and through. Y'all and Bless Your Heart are part of my everyday vocabulary.

I have a degree in Electrical Engineering from Louisiana Tech and, before writing full-time, worked as an engineer for the top two Fortune 500 companies and...more
More about Connie Cox...
30 Days to a Simpler Life Contractually Yours The Baby Who Saved Dr Cynical (Mills & Boon Medical) Christmas Eve Delivery Taking Flight