Start by marking “Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands” as Want to Read:
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands (Lonely Planet Country Guide)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Climb the snow-capped peak of Volcan Chimborazo, the most distant point from the center of the Earth. Get up close and personal with capuchin monkeys in the central plaza of Misahualli. Step back in time at Ingapirca, Ecuador's finest example of Inca architecture. Take in the surf scene on the south coast. Sophisticated cities, glaciated volcanoes, the lush Amazon Basin -...more
Paperback, 7th Edition, 440 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Lonely Planet (first published January 28th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

Paul Schoenberg
In the process for preparing for my trip I wanted to read more about the country so I would be familiar with the different things the country is known for. I was able to learn about the Ecuadorian culture and the species that the islands are known for. The book offered some very good incite about the country and I felt so much better about seeing the country by knowing what Ecuador is famous for. If you want to visit Ecuador than you should pick this book up it wouldn't hurt.
saferia
Currently planning a trip to Ecuador... Some of the information is a bit vague and I'm having to do a lot of cross referencing. I used and loved the Lonely Planet Peru guide, which had a lot more detailed and clear information on how to use the bus system (or maybe it's just really complicated in Ecuador- I'll find out), and more information on "getting-there-and-away."

I'll try to remember to update again post trip.
Lacy
We took a couple of travel books to backpack through Ecuador for a month. This one was by far the best, and everyone we met seemed to have it. Sure, there are a few inaccuracies here and there, but on the whole this is the best one out there.
Nicole
Apr 20, 2007 Nicole rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Travelers to the Galapagos or Ecuador
Having some info about Ecuador was helpful on our trip to the Galapagos. Can't tell you if you could use it 100% on a trip to Ecuador since we didn't have much time unattended in the country! Well set up, easy to find info, great info
Michael Venzke
best one i found at the store.

was useful but road map was also needed after car rental.
Zoë
Another great guide.
☯Bettie☯
9781741042955 Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

reference
summer 2013

Good, however the Rough Guides speak more to me.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Susan Heer
Susan Heer marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Sole Q
Sole Q marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Adam
Adam added it
Dec 22, 2012
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
Dani
Dani added it
Jun 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
South America on a Shoestring Pacific Northwest Trips Argentina Guatemala, Belize and Yucatan Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks