Start by marking “The End of Greed. Consuming As If God, People And the Planet Matter” as Want to Read:
The End of Greed. Consuming As If God, People And the Planet Matter

The End of Greed. Consuming As If God, People And the Planet Matter

"The consumer culture in which we are immersed urges us to acquire as many things as our incomes allow. But what if our habit of acquiring more is damaging our relationship with God, eroding our generosity, exploiting people in poorer countries, wreaking havoc on the planet and inflicting suffering on animals? In this book from Baptist World Aid Australia you'll discover a ...more
Kindle Edition, Kindle, 93 pages
Published 2011 by Baptist World Aid australia

Be the first to ask a question about The End of Greed. Consuming As If God, People And the Planet Matter

Dan
Nov 17, 2013 Dan rated it did not like it
Very ordinary. Admittedly, the author does do quite a good job of convicting the Western consumer about the implications of his consumption. Having said that, the book contains a number of occasions of bible verses being take out of context and sadly a complete ignoring of the real solution to greed...that being a steady diet of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Andrew Roberts
Jul 29, 2012 Andrew Roberts rated it really liked it
A concise overview of issues facing Christians in the West, with practical suggestions for responding to the issues raised.
Ian
Jul 01, 2012 Ian rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
a challenging read which takes seriously the Christian responsibility to be good stewards of creation; to love one another, and to honour God in our consuming.
David
David rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Kathie
Jun 24, 2013 Kathie rated it really liked it
Used as a bible study with a group. Thought provoking.
Georgina
Georgina rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Ming-aen
Ming-aen marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Nschwart
Nschwart marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
Karen S.
Karen S. marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Bronwyn Clune
Bronwyn Clune marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013