Start by marking “Hot and Cold (Midnight Matings, #17)” as Want to Read:
Hot and Cold (Midnight Matings, #17)

Hot and Cold (Midnight Matings #17)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  612 ratings  ·  29 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, public exhibition, consensual BDSM, sex toys, HEA]

Technically, no one invited Theris to the gathering, because technically he wasn’t supposed to have a mate. None of that really mattered to him, though. He hadn’t gone looking for someone to hook up with. Once he sets sights on Ryo, however, he’s very glad
Published June 30th 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hot and Cold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot and Cold

Salsera1974
A djinn + the angel of death + weird ritual mating + BDSM (I'm sorry, but when I think of genies spanking/whipping/plugging anyone, I get visions of the blue dude in Aladdin getting hella kinky, and that's just all kinds of wrong) + an evil, vengeful grandpa + male pregnancy = a book I never would have read but for my need to pick up said pregnancy points for the scavenger hunt in which I am currently participating. Yeah. It was out there, but not as bizarre as Taken by the T-Rex probably is (I ...more
Jess Buffett
I have to say, I'm a little confused as to some of the reviews I read here for this book. I myself thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, there is mpreg, but I generally like that sort of thing. This is also a book in a series that has many mpreg within it, so I don't find it shocking at all.
Yes, there was some BDSM put in there, again I state, not a bad thing and it did spice it up a bit.
As for the length, I agree the end was a little quick and short, but sometimes that's a good thing. Prolonged angst can
blub
A bit of a downer for me. The story was just okay and it just didn't feel as good a read as the other books. There's some light bdsm (gagging, flogging, and cuffing) which kind of caught me off guard since I didn't see the warning on bookstrand...(I should have read the blurb and excerpt before buying...). The mpreg didn't come as a surprise really since the other books in the series has some mpreg. There wasn't really anything appealing about the characters. There was a guest appearance of Mile ...more
Serena Yates
Another unusual pairing, neither of these men wanted a mate. Yet they fall for each other in the absence of the mating spell, and that was a nice change. A dark angel who is always cold and a djinn who is born of fire are not an ideal combination, but then, none of the couples in this series really are. With both of them having access to all kinds of magic, this was bound to be a fun story. Add a few surprise twists and this becomes a very entertaining book indeed.

Theris has a tough job, and one
Cliodhna
For the record I enjoy mpreg stories so had no issue with that I just found this story went no where
Ericka Walden
Hmmm.... 3.5. Had me in the beginning..... Then felt a little rushed. Interesting read though.....
Phaney
2012 Review:

Ahh. Yes.

Overall, this made me happy.

My only complaint is this. I don’t mind the turn it takes into BDSM, but it made Ryo’s earlier assurances that he would never hurt Theris even more questionable. Yes, I know that saving his life qualifies as an exception, but a roomful of paddles and whips probably doesn’t. Still, as far as leather goes, this book did not do such a bad job on it.

In any event, Theris was completely lovely and delightful. Neither of them was prone to drama queen beh
Candice
Alright, so Theris and Ryo. It was interesting. I loved the reaper, it was nice change. But, I still didn't understand all of Ryo's power. Being a Djinn didn't explain much. I mean, does he grant wishes? Just kind of weird, yet, he was powerful, I think.

The BDSM thing, ummm, he has a playroom in his cabin in the middle of nowhere. Does he bring home a lot of play partners?

Then there's the MPREG, so did either of them know they could get pregnant being a male? Was it a Reaper thing or a Djinn t
Asynia
Well, I had read the blurb so I knew what I was getting myself into. Mpreg doesn't really bother me, it's just that I feel that it's so unnecessary. If you want to write a book about two people having a baby, why not write M/F? But there are obviously people out there who like that kind of thing and like I said, it's not a huge thing for me.

There was also some BDSM in this book and although it was ”mild”, I still wasn't completely comfortable with it, but again, I'm clearly not the reader this w
Tamela
Fantastic... an angel and a djinn. I love angels and I think this one just might become my favorite of the series. I really loved "the bunny" but Ryo is so ready to have a mate, and even though Theris was not at the meeting to find a mate he definitely did not put up much of a struggle when Ryo dragged him up to register their mating.

And though many folks don't care for m-preg, I'm not one of them. I'm happy that these men are able to create a family, become fathers, and raise and love their chi
Paisley
I don't know if it's because I hadn't read this series in a while, or if it's because this one was truly better, but I really liked it! Cute story about a Djinn & a dark angel. Lots of hawt sex but also some decent interaction between the two characters and interesting side story stuff too.

I noticed that some people rated it low because of the whole Mpreg theme or forced mating...I feel like saying, DUH - that's what this whole series is about. Different paranormals being forced to mate - we
CB
Such a fun series! There are currently 20 books in the series, each book is written by either Joyee Flynn, Gabrielle Evans or Stormy Glenn. They could keep writing more as long as they continue creating interesting characters who shift into all kinds of wonderful and different animals/mythical beings and coming up with unique stories full of romance, crazy drama, angst and let's not forget the very hot sex!

You don't have to read them in order, very rarely are other characters mentioned, but each
Lynne
I did enjoy this book and I really liked Theris but I know that there are Miles and Hades books out there and I would like to read those too!

Could someone please tell me where to find them?
Ana
Julie scott
Hot and Cold [Midnight Matings]

This was great and I wish there was more to come I really loved it. I miss this Author a lot.
TayaJay
2 stars

I just understand was majority of these stories have to distinct dominant or submissive. There always involve same form BDSM which always seems out place especially when your mate is in final weeks of pregnancy. They never really answered how they got pregnant or what the hell Theris was before he became a reaper since they are not born but called up to be one. How the hell you live for hundreds of years and never once experience meaningful relationship till you were force into it. I lov
Jamie

Theris and Ryo are a reaper and a djinn. They meet at a gathering for shifters to find their mates. The connection between them is immediate (view spoiler). Ryo’s grandfather is against their pairing and there is conflict and peril but in the end love conquers all. The book is short but the characters were well drawn. I was highly entertained and I liked the author’s style.
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

Okay, this one was a bust for me. Granted, I read it out of order but still...

I didn't care for the characters and the plot ... well, there wasn't much of one. Tons of sex (yay) but the not much chemistry (boo). The BDSM aspect was alright although I'm not a huge fan. Lastly, it probably didn't help that I'm not into MPreg. I'll read it ... and roll with it ... but I don't really get it.

Bottom line: Nah.
Shannon
Amazingly enough with all the not so great Siren books I've read, I haven't ever read this author before. And I really like this book. It was a fun, short little read with my favorite kind of twinkish boy. Yay. Of course, he was the reaper but he was a cute reaper. And he had a baby. Awww. A little magic, a little BDSM and lots of smexing. Yum!
Meggie
Gosh this is a terribly bad written storyline.
I can only say, this plot is for a trash in my personal opinion. I really hope this whole series will be FINISHED SOON. It wasn't worth it.
I won't start with a male pregnancy in a story, brrrrr
Kavisha
I really enjoyed this book. Specially seeing Miles and Hades again. Love those two. I also really liked the actual MC's of this book. They were fun to read about.
Lasha
Not as good as some of the other books in this series. I did however enjoy Hades and Miles in the story. Still hoping they get their own book!
Andessa Zheiddinne
not that bad of a story. just plain so so. i don't really understand why the title is hot and cold though.
Melanie
Woot! mpreg what more must I say? Other than it wasn't just a "He's pregnant, the end." We actually got a baby :D
Fadia Pierre
Would really like to see a book with Hades and miles. They have such great chemestry
Perpetua
Veronica /  V
3.5
Not as good as some, although, still enjoyable.
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings, #10)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9)
  • Montana's Vamp (Brac Pack, #16)
  • The Demon Who Fed on a Shark (Mate or Meal, #7)
  • Forbidden Mate (Holland Brothers, #4)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...
Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed, #1) Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings, #3) Howl And Harmony (Midnight Matings, #11) Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings, #5) Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings, #7)