She Lies Twisted

She Lies Twisted

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"Pain would bind us together tighter than any cord; death had made us equals, the harpies had made us partners, but pain, pain would make us friends forever."

I was born wrapped in death.

I was bathed in it.

It had always been a part of my life whether I liked it or not. I just didn't expect it to come for me so soon.

Or to be so disappointed to live through it.

I remember...more
Published June 28th 2012 by Sarian Royal

Jacqui
I almost did not read this book because I found the cover to be, well a bit "cheesy". I am so glad I accidentally click on the book and started reading. The writing is well done and makes for a quick read. Once you start reading this book you will not want to put it down. Well done!
Monica
I gave this book a 3.5 i got it for free on amazon and I'm really glad i did because I'm not sure if its something i would've thought to buy and its definitely worth the read.
While its not my typical kind of book in the sense that it had a gothic feel to it i adored it because of it uniqueness
Neil suffered through her whole 16years being surrounded by death and loss of those she truly loved and it was heart wrenching to say the least and then something happens and she wakes up in the sand no lo...more
Amy Jerome
I gave this book 5 stars simply because it is such an original concept. I enjoyed the book even though it is "outside the box" for me. I liked the main characters and you learn a lot about them throughout the book. You can really feel the angst and turmoil they deal with. I am glad that it ended on a more positive note, since majority of the book is pretty dark. This book is a must read for those of you who enjoy Zombies/Gothic/Dark type stories. Very well written.
Patricia
yeah, so this is a stand alone story by cm, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors! i loved the story, the characters (i love how she writes her characters with quirks and flaws, not the "perfect" character with the world on a platter for them.
i loved this entire story and really wish this was a series, so we could follow them to the library, watch their love story, and continue on their adventure.
brilliant cm, just brilliant!
Leslie
This is not the kind of story I usually read, but I'm so glad I did. I loved it from the minute I read the summary. Just the wording to tell you what it is about was beautiful.
Once I got started I zoomed through the book, wishing I didn't have to take time out to work and sleep.
What a Twisted love story! Death, death, death everywhere, and somehow she finds someone to hold onto. Love isn't always perfect and pretty.
Kay
I wasn't sure for a while if I was going to rate this book a 3 or 4 stars but the story has really stuck with me so it gets a 4 for that.

The first thing you will notice when you start reading is that, this book is very bleak, especially the first third of it. While I like bleak and dark books, it was almost too much. Fortunately, this does get better and during the last half of the book there is a strong message of hope.

I really liked the overall concept of the book. It's got a gothic, grim re...more
Ashley Williams
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it was tragic yet inspiring. The paranormal aspect was unique, and the romance was adorable. This is the second book of Ms. Stunich's that I've read and I have to say I am a becoming a big fan of hers. This book was balanced, there was some downtime in between the action (I've read some books in which the action is non-stop, and it can be overwhelming). The main character is easy to relate to, and you can empathize with her emotions. I like the layout of t...more
Helena
This book made me feel like I was seventeen again. Tatem reminds me so much of myself when I was a teenager that it was nearly impossible not to relate to her. Also, like Tatem, I have lost my sister, so this story ended up being a very unusual and interesting look into my own life.

There was a great chunk of the story where I was fairly confused, but things were gradually worked out to where I could understand what was going on. I've always had a thing for reaper books, and this was no exception...more
Elizabeth Arrowood
C.M. Stunich. I love you. :) Not in a creepy way, but GOOD LORD, I love your books. And this is only the second book of yours I've read.

She Lies Twisted was unexpected. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started reading. It was little too angsty for me in the beginning and I stopped reading to read another book I've dying to read about, I dunno, a little bit in. Little did I know, if I had read just a few more pages, it would draw me in and make the world dead to me as I got so...more
Jenn Green
I attracted death like honey attracted flies. I wasn't happy about it, but it was fact.

I've been on a bit of a Stunich binge lately and I don't want to stop, I'm pretty sure it's become an addiction and with good reason. Four different books in a row, four completely different stories. Each and every one of her books is unique, engrossing, grungy, dirty, foul, emotional, and a brand new experience Every. Single. Time.

Blood, blood, blood. Every significant moment in my life was covered in it,...more
Lauren
Neil has had tragedy surround her entire life. Death seems to follow her around. After her best friends death she literally goes downhill. (Sorry bad pun) I felt like so many details were missing from this story. I thought the story line was original, but needed to be explained further. This is a book where you keep going What?!?!! And never really know why. WaAR
Ashley
Whew! Another great read! This lady never disappoints me! It was a very quick read. The main character is sixteen. I didn't know that coming into this book. There's no romance, so if you're looking for that kind of paranormal read, this one isn't for you. I still loved it anyway!
Patty
love the cover,sounds great!!!!!!!!
Angela
Sep 26, 2012 Angela marked it as 1-click-freebie  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
9/14/2012: Free on Kindle
Tiffany Burton
Tiffany Burton marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Zdenka
Zdenka marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Anna Banana
Anna Banana marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Danica
Danica added it
Apr 04, 2014
Alejandra
Alejandra marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Rachael Evans
Rachael Evans marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Rosabel
Rosabel marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Mick Loves Books
Mick Loves Books marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Eva Mack
Eva Mack marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Hanna Sumalde
Hanna Sumalde marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
  • Arcanus (Tempus, #2)
  • Stuck (Stitch Trilogy, #3)
  • Gwen Reaper
  • Vegas Knights
  • Princess (American Princess, #1)
  • UnBurdened
  • Forever and Always
  • Exclusive Contract (Rock Arrangement, #2; The Lonely Kings, #1.2)
  • Obsession (Endurance, #1)
  • Confidante: The Brothel (Confidante Trilogy #1)
  • Allure
  • Gustav Gloom and the People Taker (Gustav Gloom, #1)
  • Make Me
  • Dark Calling (Dark Calling, #1)
  • There All Along
  • The Sparrow (The Returned, #0.6)
  • If I Fall
  • The Visitors: SEASON ONE (Episodes 1-5) (The shocking YA dystopian serial)
C.M. Stunich was raised under a cover of fog in the area known simply as Eureka, CA. A mysterious place, this strange, arboreal land nursed Caitlin's (yes, that's her name!) desire to write strange fiction novels about wicked monsters, magical trains, and Nemean Lions (Google it!). She currently enjoys drag queens, having too many cats, and tribal bellydance.

Always a fan of the indie scene and 'st...more
More about C.M. Stunich...
Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1) Tasting Never (Never Say Never, #1) Losing Me, Finding You (Triple M, #1) Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2) Finding Never (Never Say Never, #2)