Start by marking “She Lies Twisted” as Want to Read:
She Lies Twisted

She Lies Twisted

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
"Pain would bind us together tighter than any cord; death had made us equals, the harpies had made us partners, but pain, pain would make us friends forever."

I was born wrapped in death.

I was bathed in it.

It had always been a part of my life whether I liked it or not. I just didn't expect it to come for me so soon.

Or to be so disappointed to live through it.

I remember
Published June 28th 2012 by Sarian Royal

To ask other readers questions about She Lies Twisted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Lies Twisted

Jacqui
Oct 18, 2012 Jacqui rated it it was amazing
I almost did not read this book because I found the cover to be, well a bit "cheesy". I am so glad I accidentally click on the book and started reading. The writing is well done and makes for a quick read. Once you start reading this book you will not want to put it down. Well done!
Monica
Oct 23, 2012 Monica rated it liked it
I gave this book a 3.5 i got it for free on amazon and I'm really glad i did because I'm not sure if its something i would've thought to buy and its definitely worth the read.
While its not my typical kind of book in the sense that it had a gothic feel to it i adored it because of it uniqueness
Neil suffered through her whole 16years being surrounded by death and loss of those she truly loved and it was heart wrenching to say the least and then something happens and she wakes up in the sand no lo
Amy Jerome
Dec 26, 2012 Amy Jerome rated it it was amazing
I gave this book 5 stars simply because it is such an original concept. I enjoyed the book even though it is "outside the box" for me. I liked the main characters and you learn a lot about them throughout the book. You can really feel the angst and turmoil they deal with. I am glad that it ended on a more positive note, since majority of the book is pretty dark. This book is a must read for those of you who enjoy Zombies/Gothic/Dark type stories. Very well written.
Patricia
Feb 26, 2013 Patricia rated it it was amazing
yeah, so this is a stand alone story by cm, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors! i loved the story, the characters (i love how she writes her characters with quirks and flaws, not the "perfect" character with the world on a platter for them.
i loved this entire story and really wish this was a series, so we could follow them to the library, watch their love story, and continue on their adventure.
brilliant cm, just brilliant!
Leslie
Aug 10, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: winner
This is not the kind of story I usually read, but I'm so glad I did. I loved it from the minute I read the summary. Just the wording to tell you what it is about was beautiful.
Once I got started I zoomed through the book, wishing I didn't have to take time out to work and sleep.
What a Twisted love story! Death, death, death everywhere, and somehow she finds someone to hold onto. Love isn't always perfect and pretty.
Kay
Aug 25, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, urban-fantasy
I wasn't sure for a while if I was going to rate this book a 3 or 4 stars but the story has really stuck with me so it gets a 4 for that.

The first thing you will notice when you start reading is that, this book is very bleak, especially the first third of it. While I like bleak and dark books, it was almost too much. Fortunately, this does get better and during the last half of the book there is a strong message of hope.

I really liked the overall concept of the book. It's got a gothic, grim re
Ashley Williams
Jul 16, 2012 Ashley Williams rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it was tragic yet inspiring. The paranormal aspect was unique, and the romance was adorable. This is the second book of Ms. Stunich's that I've read and I have to say I am a becoming a big fan of hers. This book was balanced, there was some downtime in between the action (I've read some books in which the action is non-stop, and it can be overwhelming). The main character is easy to relate to, and you can empathize with her emotions. I like the layout of t ...more
Helena
Jul 20, 2013 Helena rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This book made me feel like I was seventeen again. Tatem reminds me so much of myself when I was a teenager that it was nearly impossible not to relate to her. Also, like Tatem, I have lost my sister, so this story ended up being a very unusual and interesting look into my own life.

There was a great chunk of the story where I was fairly confused, but things were gradually worked out to where I could understand what was going on. I've always had a thing for reaper books, and this was no exception
Elizabeth Arrowood
Jul 15, 2013 Elizabeth Arrowood rated it it was amazing
C.M. Stunich. I love you. :) Not in a creepy way, but GOOD LORD, I love your books. And this is only the second book of yours I've read.

She Lies Twisted was unexpected. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started reading. It was little too angsty for me in the beginning and I stopped reading to read another book I've dying to read about, I dunno, a little bit in. Little did I know, if I had read just a few more pages, it would draw me in and make the world dead to me as I got so
Jenn Green
Jul 18, 2013 Jenn Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I attracted death like honey attracted flies. I wasn't happy about it, but it was fact.

I've been on a bit of a Stunich binge lately and I don't want to stop, I'm pretty sure it's become an addiction and with good reason. Four different books in a row, four completely different stories. Each and every one of her books is unique, engrossing, grungy, dirty, foul, emotional, and a brand new experience Every. Single. Time.

Blood, blood, blood. Every significant moment in my life was covered in it,
Lauren
May 09, 2013 Lauren rated it it was ok
Neil has had tragedy surround her entire life. Death seems to follow her around. After her best friends death she literally goes downhill. (Sorry bad pun) I felt like so many details were missing from this story. I thought the story line was original, but needed to be explained further. This is a book where you keep going What?!?!! And never really know why. WaAR
Ashley
Jun 08, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it
Whew! Another great read! This lady never disappoints me! It was a very quick read. The main character is sixteen. I didn't know that coming into this book. There's no romance, so if you're looking for that kind of paranormal read, this one isn't for you. I still loved it anyway!
Patty
Jul 20, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
love the cover,sounds great!!!!!!!!
Angela
Nov 05, 2015 Angela marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya, free
9/14/2012: Free on Kindle
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Danni
Danni marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Carissia Beckler
Carissia Beckler marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Carly
Carly rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
April Johnson
April Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Stevie-leigh York
Stevie-leigh York marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Joana Azul
Joana Azul marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
  • Embers of Starlight
  • The End: A Dusty Futuretake (Dusty, #1.25)
  • On Christmas Hill
  • Angel Dust
  • The Girls: Sappho Goes to Hollywood
  • Princess (American Princess, #1)
  • Odium (The Dead Saga, #1)
  • Gulliver Takes Manhattan
  • Arcanus (Tempus, #2)
  • Stuck (Stitch Trilogy, #3)
  • Vegas Knights
  • Dark Calling (Dark Calling, #1)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • At the Water's Edge
  • Blue Hill Blood
  • The Weight of Rain (The Weight of Rain, #1)
  • Derision
  • The Visitors: SEASON ONE (Episodes 1-5) (The shocking YA dystopian serial)
C.M. Stunich is a self-admitted bibliophile with a love for exotic teas and a whole host of characters who live full time inside the strange, swirling vortex of her thoughts. Some folks might call this crazy, but Caitlin Morgan doesn't mind - especially considering she has to write biographies in the third person. Oh, and half the host of characters in her head are searing hot bad boys with dirty ...more
More about C.M. Stunich...