Start by marking “The Emergency Diet: The Somewhat Hard, Very Controversial, Totally Unheard Of and Fastest Possible Way to Lose Weight” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Available exclusively on Amazon.com.

My name is Mollie, and for twelve years, I was obsessed with losing weight.

That’s right: obsessed.

I woke up with it, I went to bed with it, I lived with it. I read, and read, and read—and I tried every method I could find to lose weight.

Then, one day, I finally figured it out: a very, very fast weight loss method that kept my motivat
Published June 1st 2012 by The Word Processor (first published April 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Emergency Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Emergency Diet

Kristen
I received this book though the Goodreads.com First Reads giveaway. I got it and couldn't put it down, honestly if I ever wanted a super power it would be to obtain the knowledge of every book just by touching it. I wanted the book to spill its secrets immediately so I could begin my life getting thin.

Having said this I think that Mollie Player did a wonderful job telling people what worked for her. Since I have only gotten the book today, I obviously cannot state one way or the other if her di
EMP
Diet works really well and there aren't a ton of guidelines, recipes or rules to follow. If you are already a low carber or if you are comfortable following a low carb diet, this will be pretty easy for you. It will also not be that controversial. If you still think that high carb, low fat is the answer, this book will definitely live up to its title only it will be VERY HARD. I like Mollie's writing. She is clear, concise and often humorous.
Julie
This book was great motivator to lose weight and it worked for me... Took a hiatus and need to get back to it. Lots of stress on the new job, so I'm trying to get back to it. But if you follow the diet as described then it does work. Lost about .8 pounds every other day!
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Brian F
Brian F marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Kellie hoff
Kellie hoff marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Phillip
Phillip marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Stephanie Hirsch
Stephanie Hirsch marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2012
A. Michelle
A. Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2012
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2012
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
Amber Hays
Amber Hays marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sherrie
Sherrie marked it as to-read
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Helena
Helena marked it as to-read
Kiersta Barnes
Kiersta Barnes marked it as to-read
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sandy Oliver
Sandy Oliver marked it as to-read
Alysa Morley
Alysa Morley marked it as to-read
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Chris Wallace
Chris Wallace marked it as to-read
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Charlotte Rogers
Charlotte Rogers marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
5820804
Mollie Player is a freelance writer living in Seattle, Washington. Her books include You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends, What I Learned from Jane, Happiness is the Truth: A Spiritual Manifesto and more.

Player began her professional writing career in 2008 as a copywriter at an advertising agency in El Paso, Texas. In 2009, she moved to Seattle and started her free
More about Mollie Player...
What I Learned from Jane Enlightenment: Diary of an Eating Disorder (and How God Finally Got Rid of It) On the Bus Alone and Together: A Very Short Primer on Happiness You're Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends