Three Cowboys

Three Cowboys

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  16 reviews
This Christmas, the McCabe brothers are coming home to Texas…

Virgil by USA TODAY bestselling author Julie Miller

Detective Virgil "Bull" McCabe hadn't been back on the J-Bar-J Ranch in more than a decade. What he finds is his family in turmoil and his childhood friend, Tracy Cobb, all grown up…and more beautiful than ever.

Morgan by Dana Marton

It took a lot to bring ex-soldi...more
Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #1391, 224 pages
Published December 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Three Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Cowboys

Susan
I really liked this book. There are three brothers whose stories are written by three different authors. I enjoyed the way it was written with each story building on the previous one rather than three completely different stories. The main thread is the kidnapping of the half-sister they didn't know they had. She has been taken by a drug lord who wants some of their father's land for his drug operation. Wyatt puts out a call to his brothers to come home and help. First to arrive is Virgil. He's...more
Kay
Wendy
Kathy B. (Tx)
FABULOUS Christmas romantic suspense by 3 wonderful authors. Don't miss this one!!
E.
This was a fun trio of tales that have an overall unifying theme yet showcase three different strong men in a nice romantic suspense tale.

Julie Miller’s “Virgil” provides the introduction to the overall theme for the book and centers on the middle brother, Virgil (Bull) McCabe, who is a detective in Chicago but returns to his childhood home to help search despite his disdain for his adulterous father. Painful memories are mitigated by his reacquaintance with his best friend, the ‘girl next door’...more
Linda
Three Cowboys is the story of the McCabe Brothers, raised in Texas, each finding their own niche in the world: Virgil "Bull" a detective in Chicago's police department; Morgan, a soldier on a mission abroad; and Wyatt, the local town Sheriff. They are called back to the ranch by their estranged father to help search for their kidnapped half sister. A sister they never knew they had. She has been kidnapped by the Mexican El Jefe, who is trying to force their father into giving the drug lord part...more
Crystal
Too much going on since I started this book - why it took me nearly 15 days to read it.

Ok, so the Hs' father had affairs and, after their mom was killed, the two older ones left home. 10 years have passed, a half sister from one of the affairs has been kidnapped, and the youngest brother called them home.

Now... from observation, when a parental unit has caused such a disturbance in the family force, there's never any real reconciliation. And the reason for that is, the parent in question is not...more
Teresa Nordheim
What’s better than reading a book by an award winning author? How about reading a book written by three award winning authors? Authors Julie Miller, Dana Marton, and Paula Graves each stand alone as solid romantic suspense authors. However, they have brought their talents together in a new Harlequin Intrigue that introduces readers to not one, not two, but three very sexy cowboys.
‘Three Cowboys’ brings the McCabe brothers home for Christmas, but not to celebrate the holiday. They are coming home...more
Debbie Heaton
This novel is broken down to individually tell the stories of the McCabe brothers of Texas.

Detective Virgil “Bull” McCabe has been absent from his family home for a decade. Upon his return, he discovers another family secret and rediscovers his childhood friend, Tracy Cobb.

Morgan McCabe is an ex-soldier who returns home when summoned by his siblings. Once there, he runs face-to-face with his former flame, Dakota Dayton, and her toddler son, Cody.

Sheriff Wyatt McCabe has faced many criminals in h...more
Amanda
I have never heard Julie Miller and Paula Graves -- I've read several books from Dana Marton so I thought I would give other 2 ladies a try. Man oh man, I'm so glad I did. I hope I could get my hands on Julie's and Paula's books since I have alot of Dana's already.

Three brothers spread out then came back due to finding a missing sister. It is very interesting to see how 3 brothers dealt with their own issues and seeing the woman they all fell in love with in their own way. Its definately a must...more
Yessenia
Really good book. I almost didn't notice it was written by three different authors, they made the stories complement each other very well.

These three brothers give everything for their family, even facing their father after many years of resentment, if that helps to rescue their little sister from the man who kidnapped her in order to get their family land.

In the meantime, Virgil and Morgan will have to face again women of their past and Wyatt will have to deal with a very independent one.
Brenda Rumsey
This is a fantastic book. I loved getting to know each of the brothers as they worked to save the sister they had just found out they had. Add a father trying to live down a past that chased his sons away years ago, a drug dealer who wants their land "or else", and old friends who just might want to be more than friends. Danger, intrigue, and romance wound together by three authors that each bring their unique voice to a great story. It was hard to put down to the very end.
Carole
I really liked this book, 3 seperate stories of 3 brothers that come back to their hometown to rescue thier sister from a drug-lord. All three brothers have an issue with their dad who wasn't much of a father. Of course they have left behind women they were in love with and coming home they rekindle their love for each other. I love cowboys,and strong-will men that can show their love for the woman in their lives.
Robin
Very nice set of 3 short stories that tell of brothers working together to save their little sister from a kidnapping drug lord. I was surprised by how well the different authors melded their works together and made it work. Great plot! Wished it were longer! Maybe there are some sequels out there in the works?
Heather L
Finished Friday night.
Harlequin Books
Category: Suspense
Tristi Palmer
Tristi Palmer marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Porchia
Porchia marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Maureen Ames
Maureen Ames marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Julie Miller is an award-winning, USA TODAY bestselling author of breathtaking romantic suspense--with a National Readers Choice Award and two Daphne du Maurier awards among other prizes. In 2009 she earned an RT BookReviews Career Achievement Award. Many of her more than...more
More about Julie Miller...
Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3) Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct, #11) Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #2) The Marine Next Door (The Precinct Task Force, #1) Man with the Muscle (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team,#1)