Start by marking “Neutron Solstice (Deathlands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Neutron Solstice (Deathlands, #3)

Neutron Solstice (Deathlands #3)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  377 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A generation after a global nuclear war, Louisiana is a fetid, sullen landscape of impenetrable swamps and grotesquely mutated wildlife. Above the gnarled bayous, radioactive red dust clouds race across the sky on nuclear winds; below, thick mud sucks at a man's boots. Now and then a biting acid rain falls, swept in on the boiling winds from the Gulf.

In the reeking swamp

Paperback
Published November 1st 1997 by Gold Eagle (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Neutron Solstice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neutron Solstice

Alan
Jun 04, 2015 Alan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by James Axler. I have read a lot of the newer books, but decided that I would like to start at the beginning to read this series. For those who enjoy a very explicitly detailed and graphic accounting of events that occur, then this book is for you.
Cherie
Sep 09, 2011 Cherie rated it it was ok
My ratings system is as follows. One star is GOOD. The book is entertaining, easy to read and you don't want to stop reading because something about the book is compelling you not to. Two stars is GREAT! This time the story is not only entertaining, but highly creative, unique, easy to read and hard to put down. Three stars is EXCELLENT. Here the book has all aspects of one and two stars, but now the book is thought and emotionally provoking. Four is AWESOME. This is the read that is not only cr ...more
Aeshna Juncea
Jan 02, 2016 Aeshna Juncea rated it liked it
Set formula to this series! Explore somewhere, someone dies, someone's captured, escape somehow, kill someone, repeat......
Judy Proffitt
This was the first Death Lands book I bought. I was hooked immediately. Now have every book in the series.
Michael Barnette
Aug 30, 2010 Michael Barnette rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of post apocalyptic world settings
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
This was the first James Axler--it's a house owned name with multiple authors writing the series--that I ever read. Bought it used because it looked interesting and it was. Lots of action in a post Apocalyptic world setting which is one of my favorite futuristic themes.

If you like 'men's fiction' with lots of fights and freaky mutants, dangerous warlords and down right bug nuts crazy stuff going on, I highly recommend reading this series.
Gareth
Nov 22, 2013 Gareth rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
Possibly the best Deathlands book I've read yet. A well written pulp adventure with some revolting villains and a growing sense of heroism amongst the protagonists. Quite a few significant details are added to the mythos. Jak joins the team and we find out more about Ryan's secret past. Shockingly violent in places and a fast pace. A good one to sample the series with.
Tipper
Jan 27, 2015 Tipper rated it it was ok
2.5
Gabriel
Jan 03, 2013 Gabriel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Baron characted along with his lead Sec Man Mephisto add a depth of darkness and vileness that have not yet been reached until now. Although it's for adult audiances, this descriptive account of capture, torture, and abuse is entertaining to say the least.
Teddy
Oct 26, 2010 Teddy rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I don't think of myself as particularly squeemish or prudish, but I thought this books was just gross and offensive. I gave it a shot, but didn't feel it necessary to finish.
Edelhart Kempeneers
Dec 24, 2012 Edelhart Kempeneers rated it it was ok
Het audioboek is goed geproduceerd, met veel geluidseffecten en dergelijke, maar het verhaal zelf valt eigenlijk toch tegen. Ga de reeks niet verder beluisteren.
Timothy Boyd
An average apocalyptic adventure story. This one takes place a century after the last war and now there are mutants running around the earth. Recommended
Tim
Yep, I'm a glutton for punishment... He's getting better though. Once again too much unneeded detail, at least the stories don't suck...yet.
Brett
Sep 10, 2013 Brett rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good production quality. Not something to listen to while the kids are in the car though.
Joe Stamber
See my reviews for the first 2 books in the series... this is just more of the same.
Allison
Larry C. Bateman
Larry C. Bateman marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Angel Okon
Angel Okon marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Leo
Leo rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Dave Sadler
Dave Sadler rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Michael Swerdlick
Michael Swerdlick rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Craig
Craig added it
Jan 29, 2016
Charolette
Charolette marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Leon Niemandt
Leon Niemandt rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
B
B rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Blake
Blake rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Kevin
Kevin added it
Jan 18, 2016
Devin
Devin rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
  • All Fall Down (Supervolcano, #2)
  • Aftermath (Supernova Alpha, #1)
  • Savage Planet (Saucer, #3)
  • Leviathan
  • Colossus and the Crab
  • Ember (Haan, #0.5)
  • Conrad's Quest for Rubber (Conrad Stargard, #6)
  • The Silo Archipelago
  • The Alien Years
  • The End Is Coming (The Survivalist #8)
  • Strange Days (movie tie-in)
  • The Lucifer Crusade (Wingman, #3)
  • Omega Games (Stardoc, #8)
  • Invasive Species
  • The Culled (The Afterblight Chronicles, #1)
  • Devil on My Back (Arc One, #1)
James Axler is a house pseudonym used by Gold Eagle Books, the action adventure imprint of Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.

The pseudonym was first used for the Deathlands series, which began in 1986 with Pilgrimage to Hell, co-written by Christopher Lowder (under the pseudonym Jack Adrian) and Laurence James. He went on to write the next 32 novels in the Deathlands series as James Axler before passing a
More about James Axler...

Deathlands (1 - 10 of 124 books)
  • Pilgrimage to Hell (Deathlands, #1)
  • Red Holocaust (Deathlands, #2)
  • Crater Lake (Deathlands, #4)
  • Homeward Bound (Deathlands, #5)
  • Pony Soldiers (Deathlands, #6)
  • Dectra Chain (Deathlands, #7)
  • Ice and Fire (Deathlands, #8)
  • Red Equinox (Deathlands, #9)
  • Northstar Rising (Deathlands, #10)
  • Time Nomads (Deathlands, #11)