Cherry On Top

Cherry On Top

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Cherry Harte is ready to set the world on fire--figuratively, of course. Unfortunately, people tend to underestimate a girl whose insane family attracts loan sharks and bail bondsmen the way some people attract money. So when Cherry wins the lottery, it's see ya later, New Jersey; hello, Mystic Beach, Florida. With her new villa, wardrobe, and personal history, Cherry is t...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Kathleen Long (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cherry On Top, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherry On Top

Elaine
A book that is FUN to read! Cherry wants to distance herself from her dysfunctional parents and to be "accepted" in "society". So when she and her sister, Liz, win the lottery it is the perfect opportunity to move to Florida and reinvent herself, with the aim of joining the Mystic Beach Womens League and be a member of the elite. However, she didn't count on meeting Luke, the mechanic who although she finds absolutely totally irresistable, does not fit into her plans at all. For his part, feelin...more
Tania
It's a cute story with likeable characters thrown into funny situations. Cherry, our heroine, decides to remake herself after she and her sister Liz win the lottery. Liz goes along with her plan and they head off to Florida. Escaping the past is not that easy, however, and in fact can be pure chaos.

The romances are fairly predictable and kind of drag on, which is my only complaint. The rest of it I enjoyed - Lucky, Yogi, Moose, Monty, even Fran's appearance made me chuckle. The hijinks from the...more
Kelli
Fun and entertaining, but a little long for me.
Lisa
One of the worst days of Cherry's life becomes one of her best when she discovers she has won the lottery. She and her sister escape to Florida to create new lives for themselves. In doing so, they discover who they really were all along. This is a stand-alone novel/romance rather than a mystery. I liked this story but thought it was way too long. About halfway into it, I was ready for it to end. The whole tattoo "bit" got old pretty quickly, too. The main characters were quite likeable, though.
Carrie (ICanHasBooks?)
I don't normally read straight up contemporary romance, I really liked the humor and sense of mystery that was in this one. Loved the attraction and banter between Cherry and Luke. Gramps was a hoot and a half, I kept on picturing the Fraser's dad for his character.
Hannah
The biggest thing I liked about this book is that it makes you think "what if". While the story can be crazy at times, there are some wonderfully developed characters. There's also a tattoo thing that gets a little annoying.
Ann  Lorz
This was a quick read. It has a cute story that reminds me a little of Sue Civil-Brown's books. I wish she kept writing in this format. If your looking for a rainy afternoon story this is it.
Nell
This was competently written and had all the ingredients which would normally make this a five star read for me but somehow I didn't connect with the book or the characters in the way I'd hoped.
Jimzzz
Did not like the cover but the book was great. When I spend the entire day reading a book rather than putting it down .... it rates 5-stars.
Katelyn
Cherry on top is a wonderful story. Kathleen Long's use of a skunk and her quirky characters make this a fun quick read.
Michelle

Fun easy read. Perfect for that in between book time where you want to read but want it light and fun. Worth the time
Marisa
Not bad but I am glad it was a freebie. The plot was very predictable and pretty repetitive in a lot of places.
Michele
This was a good book, and a pretty quick read for me. Trying to get back on track with my reading goals for the year.
Julianna
Not bad, cute story and the supporting cast of characters where kind of hillarious!
Jen
not bad, pretty quick read. a little wordy at times, but overall easy read.
Dee
Review haiku:

Lottery winner
Falls for auto mechanic
Funny and silly
Mary
Cute story - refreshing change from what I've been reading.
C
Fun, light romance in the style of janet evanovich.
Brenda
Fun read. I didn't want the story to end.
Kimberley
Cute. Easy quick read.
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Angela Tuohey
Angela Tuohey marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Mercedes Nola
Mercedes Nola marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Emily Griffin
Emily Griffin marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
  • Single & Searching
  • Forever After
  • One Day, Someday
  • Historical Romance Boxed Set: Of Noble Birth & Honor Bound
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Buying Time (Aspen Moore, #1)
  • Waiting (Crazy In Love, #1)
  • Lancelot's Lady
  • Got Your Number
  • Family Ties (Sunset Crescent, #1)
  • At Last
  • Head Over Heels
  • Better Off Without Him
  • Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)
  • Sleeping In The Middle (Comfort Club)
  • Liquid Lies
  • Rolling in the Deep (Hawaiian Heroes, #2)
  • Suddenly a Spy
Chasing Rainbows Changing Lanes Get Bunny Love When A Stranger Calls (Harlequin Intrigue Series) High Society Sabotage