The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)

The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #7)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,233 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Three Investigators must solve an old man's riddle to uncover a great fortune for their friend, Gus. But they're racing against a sinister bunch of treasure hunters who are also hot on the trail. Who will arrive first at the mysterious Fiery Eye?
Published September 12th 1984 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1967)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Fiery Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Fiery Eye

Sri
Trio detektif kembali dihadapkan pada suatu misteri berdasarkan pesan wasiat orang yang sudah mati. Ternyata jawabannya ada di dekat markas mereka sendiri. Tepatnya di salvage yard. Tepatnya ada pada salah satu barang dagangan paman dan bibi Jupiter Jones. Sayangnya, Aunt Mathilda kadung menjualnya kepada entah siapa. Berkat bantuan ghost-to-ghost hookup, trio detektif kembali menemukannya. Tapi bener ga sih jawabannya ada di situ? Ternyata hanya ada pesan, "Anda belum beruntung. Coba lagi!" Heh...more
Jackie "the Librarian"
Mar 19, 2008 Jackie "the Librarian" rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young mystery readers
I love a good puzzle, and this is a fun one, with Jupiter and pals trying to solve a will in the form of a cryptic poem. They must track down the busts of several famous Greeks and Romans, figure out the angle of sun at the right time of day, and keep one step ahead of the villains trying to keep their client's inheritance away from him.
Read it if you can find it!
Mark
2009 review - Alfred Hitchcock approaches the boys with their latest case, endeavouring to help an English boy (August August) to find his inheritance, a jewel called The Fiery Eye. The only clue is a cryptic letter but also on the trail of the jewel is a sinister Indian and a gang of thieves. This is fast paced, good fun and features Liz Logan, a talkative young girl who desperately wants to be an investigator herself (and who, I now know, is based on Robert Arthur’s daughter Elizabeth). Very e...more
Mark
Alfred Hitchcock approaches the boys with their latest case, endeavouring to help an English boy (August August) to find his inheritance, a jewel called The Fiery Eye. The only clue is a cryptic letter but also on the trail of the jewel is a sinister Indian and a gang of thieves. This is fast paced, good fun and features Liz Logan, a talkative young girl who desperately wants to be an investigator herself (and who, I now know, is based on Robert Arthur’s daughter Elizabeth). Very enjoyable, with...more
Heather
Forumlaic? Check.
Predicatlbe? Check.
Kept me reading for hours as a child? Yes.

I know these books have been updated a bit, so I hope that hasn't changed the overall flavor of the adventures of Jupiter Jones and his friends. The Three Investigators are kids who are freelance detectives who work out a junkyard. They are so well known a prince from a a fake Eastern European country requests their assistance to see who's plotting his assasination. Didn't every kid dream of such an adventure? I spent...more
Darren
Darren marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Mike
Came across a stack of "The Three Investigators" mysteries at my parents house over the holidays. I burned through these Hardy Boys knock-offs as I kid and had fun reading this one to my son. How can you give less than three stars to a book where the bad guys, without a hint of humor, are called The Black Mustache Gang?
Pujiyanto stiffy
reread lagi setelah hampir 15 tahun saat pertama kali membacanya.
Dan rasanya masih sama!! iki termasuk salah satu kisah Trio Detektif yang asyik.
Muspitta
Mata Berapi, yakalee awal baca aku kira mata berapi itu nama hantu juga. ternyata malah nama permata. akibat dari rasa penasaraaaan yang dea banget akhirnya aku malah search di google soal batu berharga mata berapi.

Ini petualangan yang mendebarkan karena ada semacam psikopat yang bakalan membunuh mereka.
dan cara penyembunyian mata berapi bener-bener ellegant
Wavegenerator
I'm obsessed with this children's series of mystery novels, and this is perhaps the best one of the batch. They have a quaint, dated, innocent quality about them that I quite enjoy. I read this book when I was in about fourth or fifth grade, and now I own one of the original illustrations from it. Go Three Investigators!
Lance
This series is a wonderful one for kids. The Hitchcock character only does what amounts to cameos, and sometimes, if I remember correctly, doesn't even show up at all. The ones about the Mexican bandit and the Spider stand out in my mind and I remember them quite well. Overall, they were all fun to read.
Daniel
Tommy is digging these
Nuning Indani
Funny the description of the book in goodreads is false.It should be a some kind of treasure hunt. And,there is another.I do not understand how come a boy with high knowledge like Jupiter does not know Shakespeare or Julius Caesar?
Mitchell Gage
When I sold my collection of 30+ novels on e-bay, I kept this one.

One of my favourites of the series - I always liked the 'treasure hunt' style ones where Jupe and the boys have to decrypt the puzzle-style clues.
Kolan
The best childhood series I read starting in the fourth grade. The best of the so called "syndicate Books" Reading them now brings back the memories and pleasure I had when reading them as a child.
Ryan Mishap
Can't believe I forgot to add that I would love to live in a junkyard with an old RV buried under trash that has secret tunnels and a freakin" periscope!
Novi Maizir
salah satu serial detektif favorit...it always amazed me.. ...love you, alfie.. ;)
Fiona
one of my favourite investigator books.

Robert Stewart
One of the best. Brilliant story.
N.R. Tomasheski
Another exciting case solved!
Sadman Sadi
Sadman Sadi marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Marta
Marta added it
Aug 20, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Heather Giudici
Heather Giudici marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
  • The Mystery of the Shrinking House (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #18)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit...more
More about Robert Arthur...
The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1) The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2) The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3) The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4) The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)