Start by marking “Moordenaar zonder gezicht” as Want to Read:
Moordenaar zonder gezicht

Moordenaar zonder gezicht

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  862 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
Eerder verschenen onder de titel: Des duivels (2006)

Wanneer zijn zeventienjarige Anna op brute wijze wordt verkracht en vermoord, stort de wereld van dr. Davis Moore volledig in. Het politieonderzoek loopt al snel vast: er is geen enkele aanwijziging te vinden voor dader of motief.
Na een jaar haalt dr. Davis Moore de eigendommen van zijn dochter op. Als hij tussen haar spu
Published March 22nd 2012 by Marmer (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Moordenaar zonder gezicht, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moordenaar zonder gezicht

Leah Macdonald
Jun 12, 2014 Leah Macdonald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Officially one of my favourite books of all time. A real psychological thriller. And I can't believe I did not preempt the ending. Real time video games, cloning, deceit, a large variety of character, self-fulfilling prophecy and heart break that all ends in a suddenly silent revelation. What more could you possibly want? I have want to own a copy of this book for a long while but can’t seem to get my hands on a copy.
Lou
Jan 19, 2015 Lou rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, hated
I have mixed feelings about this book. I don't know if I hate it or like it. I felt that the story was very long and heavy, in parts it was boring and overburdened, and I hated the sex scenes because they were too repetitive. However, the story had a good suspense.
Esra
Jan 02, 2013 Esra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Kitabın konusu süper, olay akışı süper, karakterler orijinal. Böyle olunca haliyle bir solukta bitirdim. Gel gör ki kitaba beş vermeyi düşünürken sırf kitabın sonu beni sinir ettiği için değerlendirmemi üç yaptım. O nasıl bir sondur! Kitapla yazarın suratını tokatlama isteği oluşturdu bende resmen! Beni zirveye çıkarıp oradan aşağı attı. Duygularımla oynadı. Tamam ilginç. Tamam, tahmin edilmedik. Tamam, ters köşe yaptın da böyle b*ktan bir ters köşede olmaz ama! Hiç yakıştıramadım.
Sonunu söyley
Michael
In the near future, cloning is legal. Dr. Davis Moore is a fertility doctor specialzing in reproductive cloning.

His daughter, AK is raped and murdered. The killer escapes. Later, when Moore picks up AK's belongings from the police there is a sample of the killer's DNA. With no other way to catch the killer, Moore uses that DNA to cone a child that will grow up to be the exact replica of the killer.

In a parallel story, Mickey the Gerund is a religious fanatic and considers himself a member of God
Sharon
Jan 04, 2009 Sharon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysterythriller
The setting is a Chicago very much like the current city but in a universe where human cloning is as common as in vitro is in our world. Cloning, however, is highly controversial and regulated. Dr. Davis Moore, the happily married father of a teenage daughter, is a fertility specialist expert in cloning who becomes the target of a religious fanatic. Although he survives the attack, his happy life is destroyed when his beloved daughter is killed at her after-school job. It seems as if Anna Kat wa ...more
Iulia
Jul 12, 2007 Iulia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was surprizingly good. I read it after seeing the author talk at one of the Humanities Council seminars on Ethics and Genetics.
I would definately not have picked this up on my own. It is a murder mistery that touches on philosophy and psychology all hidden in a futuristic setting. I'm not a sci-fi reader, but this was done tastefully enough that it was quite enjoyable and educational. It definately made me wonder about culture in general and how it will continue to be affected by tech
Farhan
Oct 12, 2014 Farhan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am lucky to have come across a book so soon after Hardcase by Dan Simmons which deserves my highest rating.

I had just completed reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro which dealt with a bunch of clones being raised in a private British school so that their bodies could later be harvested for vital organs to be supplied to the people in need of them. With such a potentially controversial, highly-charged plot, I thought I was in for a gut-wrenching novel, what with all the rave reviews and Ne
Edwin Wassink
Jun 14, 2016 Edwin Wassink rated it liked it
Shelves: gelezen-in-2016
Goede thriller die tot denken aanzet. Het boek is eigenlijk in twee delen opgebouwd. Het eerste deel gaat met name over het klonen van mensen. De dochter van dokter Moore is verkracht en vermoord. Als hij na een jaar bij de politie de spullen van zijn dochter ophaalt, vindt hij een buisje met DNA materiaal van de vermoedelijke dader. Hij gebruikt dit DNA om zo alsnog achter de identiteit van de dader te komen. Hoe ver zou je zelf gaan?
Het tweede deel is een jaar of vijf later en gaat over minde
Daniel
Feb 16, 2008 Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure. I worked on this book. When I read the first 50 pages in manuscript form, I told my boss to reject it. (The opening has since changed...) He told me I was nuts, to keep pressing on. So I did -- on Yom Kippur night, too, and the next day I was just too tired to be hungry. From page 51 to the end I read without moving! It's the definition of unputdownable. One of the best and most brilliantly original thrillers I've ever read.
L.E. Truscott
Wicker is the story of a closely connected group of people all impacted by the rape and murder of seventeen-year-old Anna Kat Moore. It’s set in a not-too-distant future where the possibilities of DNA seem limitless. The cloning of dead people is considered just another fertility treatment, usually for couples unable to conceive at all or with hereditary diseases they don’t want to pass on to natural children.

A couple of years after Anna Kat’s murder, it still remains unsolved and Dr Davis Moore
Jessica Smith
Jan 29, 2010 Jessica Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! There was so much going on that the book was by no means predictable. Guilfoile has the reader guessing until the last minute. So many controversial issues. Con? SO many chars, it really needs to be read in a few sittings. Due to other things, I took awhile to read it, which made it difficult to keep all the characters straight. I highly suggest it!
Nocturna
Nov 20, 2007 Nocturna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci-fi, adventure, mystery, or futuristic fans
I absolutely loved this book. It seemed to combine things that I find very compelling, but are hard to find: a touch of sci-fi with mystery and contemporary technology.

I would love to know about other books that are in this same vein. Recommendations anyone?
Cass
Jan 04, 2011 Cass rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mike Wright
This book has crime, science fiction (that really isn't science fiction since human cloning is right around the corner), love, betrayal and mystery. Its one of those books that you want to see the movie, just as long as its exactly like the book.
Gina
Jan 18, 2015 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot FAR surpassed the "literary merit." Who cares though? I read it in two days and from Part 2 onward (p. 175) I was very much invested in how Guilfole was going to weave the different character perspectives into the satisfying ending promised by reviewers. I was definitely not disappointed. This story would EASILY make for a chilling and popular movie. If he hasn't already, Guilfoile should submit the screenplay. Literally just finished the last few pages while muttering "whoa," and other ...more
Kelly
I love this book; it has EVERYTHING in it. I can't believe the many levels that this first time author used in this book. Every person I have recommended to read this book has loved it as well.
Kelly
Apr 17, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better thrillers I've read with loads of surprises sprinkled all through the book. Plus the author tosses in some good issues to make you think.
Sean
Nov 15, 2010 Sean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many twists and turns that you're left dizzy. It was a very good read that both disturbed and surprised with layer after layer.
Andrew Armour
Feb 04, 2014 Andrew Armour rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicker is a book that by just reading the synopsis will have you both hooked by it's intriguing premise and raising one eye brow at it's absurd structure. What I love is how it is more and more relevant, what with the advances in science and DNA to stem cell and cloning etc etc. This fascinating story of how DR Moore a pioneering creator of cloned babies for couples, suddenly find his life is thrown into turmoil by the murder of his daughter. Left psychologically to deal with the death on his ow ...more
Krystyn
Jan 26, 2014 Krystyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I think I appreciate this book. I did not entirely enjoy reading it - I noticed that for the first third (almost half!) of the book I was constantly getting distracted by stuff around me. The book just wasn't grabbing me.

The majority of the book was set in Chicago, which made me a bit homesick, but I wished for a bit more descriptive prose. The geographical narrative felt like a checklist of street names and a combination of real and fictitious companies/clubs/offices. I never got the r
Joy
Feb 20, 2016 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joy by: the publicist
CAST OF SHADOWS is one of the best mysteries I've ever read.

A scientist uses DNA from the scene of his daughter’s murder to clone her killer. His plan is to watch the little boy as he grows up, so that when Justin is old enough, Dr. Moore will be able to look in his face and see Anna Kat’s murderer.

That is all I will say about the plot of CAST OF SHADOWS. I want you to be able to follow this extraordinarily challenging and satisfying story without any preparation. Instead, I will tell you a litt
Fran
May 22, 2012 Fran rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a book that i never would have chosen for myself - i read it for work-related purposes - but i actually really enjoyed the change of pace. it reminded me that i can appreciate a thriller once in a while since i mostly only read memoir and/or pop-fiction. i thought this book was really smart and well-written, and there are about 25 different twists, some predictable but some not, that make it interesting. you can't help but picture it as a movie when you read it, which i enjoyed.

it takes
Wendy
Jul 12, 2012 Wendy rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
De karakters
De personages zijn goed uitgewerkt en komen zeer geloofwaardig over. Ze zijn ten opzichte van hun rol goed uitgewerkt en er is duidelijk een verschil tussen de hoofdpersonages en de bijrollen.

De auteur
Nee, het was mee eerste van Kevin Guilfoile. Door de 5 sterren van crimezone.nl verwachte ik een super spannend en goed geschreven verhaal. Dit is maar te dele uitgekomen. Het verhaal is goedgeschreven en makkelijk leesbaar, maar echte spanning en een 5 sterren thriller is het voor mij
Kevin
Mar 22, 2008 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Davis Moore is a prominent figure in a controversial field. He is a fertility doctor who uses cutting-edge genetic cloning to give children to those who cannot have their own. Despite what others may think and the threats levied against his life by anti-cloning activists, he knows in his heart of hearts that what he does is a good thing. However, his priorities change when his teenage daughter is raped and murdered. Now, instead of introducing new life to the world, he becomes fixated on the ...more
Chanda
Mar 08, 2011 Chanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is centered around one of the strangest concepts I have ever encountered, which is saying something considering the number of Sci-fi books I have enjoyed recently. It's a suspense thriller with multiple expeditions into what could almost be called science fiction but isn't quite, considering the very likely possibility that the events posed as fiction by Guilfoile could be very real concerns in the not too distant future. Cloning is a fairly common occurrence in the story and one physi ...more
Elien
Mar 27, 2013 Elien rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Ginny
Jan 12, 2014 Ginny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is normally not my genre (as you can see by my other reads). However the author is so good-looking that I ventured into it. (Actually he is married to one of my best friends--I added the good looking in the event he reads this.) The plot is exciting, many twists. Kevin takes an improbable although believable concept about human cloning and weaves it into a really great story, one that is relatable to parents in a heart breaking way, both in his determination to find a killer as well as find ...more
Odalis Namó
Feb 27, 2014 Odalis Namó rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encanto la única razón por la que le pongo 4 es por el principio que fue un poco lento, pero el final fue intrepidante, me dejo helada, *Justin why u? :c* enserio que Justin no se merecía eso, y el final fue como Oh por dios! yo estaba en el plan: Joan tienes que decirle y luego dije no, mejor no dejemos que Davis deje de lado el sufrimiento y vuelva a ser feliz, enserio que me fascino, , esta novela es genial, léanlo ,denle su tiempo, es muy buena, les encantara :)
Rae
Feb 20, 2011 Rae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mit "Wicker" hat Kevin Guilfoile ein Erstlingswerk geschaffen, bei dem es keinesfalls übertrieben ist, ihn in einem Atemzug mit Schriftstellern wie Michael Crichton zu nennen.
Der Roman ist spannend bis zur letzten Seite und sehr clever geschrieben. Viele Nebenhandlungen fügen sich zu einem intelligenten Gefüge zusammen, in dem jeder eine wichtige Rolle spielt für den Fortlauf und das überraschende Ende des Buches.
Der Autor hat sich viel vorgenommen in diesem Debüt. Seine Figuren sind glaubhaft u
Мая
Jul 18, 2015 Мая rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Интригуващ и заплетен трилър. Не неразгадаем, в никакъв случай, но определено замислящ и поставящ въпроси, върху които на никой не би му се искало да се замисля.

Най-големият страх на един родител, свръх-развитата наука, заради която се забравят морала, нормите и простичките правила, според които човечеството съществува. За това става въпрос в тази книга, а най-плашещото е, че звучи стряскащо реално и възможно. И то скоро.

• Dope
  • The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes
  • The Art of Breaking Glass
  • The House of Dolls (Pieter Vos, #1)
  • Book of Nathan
  • De Facebookmoorden (John Leyssens & Mieke Van Cattendyck, #3)
  • Most Wanted: Pursuing Whitey Bulger, the Murderous Mob Chief the FBI Secretly Protected
  • Still bleeding
  • Bonita Faye
  • Run The Risk (Alex Delillo, #1)
  • The Canal
  • Skull Session
  • Sır
  • Creeps Suzette (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #15)
  • The Confessor
  • Schuilplaats
  • The Devil's Redhead
  • Disillusioned (Stan Turner, #9)
Born in Teaneck, New Jersey, Guilfoile was raised in Cooperstown, New York, where his father was an executive at the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Guilfoile graduated from The University of Notre Dame in 1990, and worked briefly in media relations for the Houston Astros baseball club. He was a founding partner of the Chicago design firm Coudal Partners, and a creative director at that company fo ...more
More about Kevin Guilfoile...

“Grief is born. Grief matures. Grief passes. Despair, on the other hand, which arrives in an instant, ferments into depression. And although depression was months away, at least, already he felt himself not caring.” 0 likes