Start by marking “Hell With The Lid Taken Off: Book I: River of Mud” as Want to Read:
Hell With The Lid Taken Off: Book I: River of Mud

Hell With The Lid Taken Off: Book I: River of Mud

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
When eleven-year-old Howard Grosick is buried alive by his beloved uncle, he finds himself plummeting from the Dickensian gloom of 1906 Pittsburgh to the Lovecraftian horror of the Underbelly, a transitory afterlife infested with things living, dead, and otherwise. Unexpectedly, he strikes a friendship with Josephine Donegal, the dead girl who has been sent to guide him th ...more
Published May 26th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Hell With The Lid Taken Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell With The Lid Taken Off

Nate
Aug 01, 2013 Nate rated it it was amazing
Lee Adam Herold is an insane genius. His webcomic Chopping Block is evidence enough, but "Hell With the Lid Taken Off" seals the deal. It's engrossing, terrifying, endearing, claustrophobic, heartbreaking -- a nightmare from which you don't want to awaken, because you're afraid to miss what happens next. I can't wait to read the next installment.
bup
Jun 28, 2012 bup rated it it was amazing
Shelves: halloween, novella, 2012
Here's a great way to get in the Halloween spirit.

Lee Herold has nightmare running in his veins. That boy ain't right. His evocative imagery in this book - his many visions - could fuel about twenty Lovecraft books. I'm serious. Oh, the bugs.
V. L. Craven
V. L. Craven rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2013
C.
C. marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Lee Adam Herold is a Pittsburgher who loves his native city. He is the cartoonist behind Chopping Block , and a an author of horror novels. His first novel, Hell With The Lid Taken Off: River of Mud serves as a paean to the city of his upbringing.
More about Lee A. Herold...