Start by marking “The Temptation (The Secret Circle, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Temptation (The Secret Circle, #6)

The Temptation (The Secret Circle #6)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  1,389 ratings  ·  67 reviews
It’s always darkest before dawn.

Cassie hasn’t felt this alone since she moved to New Salem and joined the Circle – the closest thing to a family she’s ever known. But now that the Circle has been possessed by powerful evil spirits, Cassie is left with no choice but to turn to her dark side to rescue them. As she struggles to get through to her friends, and her soul mate, A...more
Published March 12th 2013 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2013)

Courtney Gendreau
Oct 22, 2012 Courtney Gendreau rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Absolutly NO ONE!
Recommended to Courtney by: NO ONE
As far as I am concerned these books do not exist. There was no need to write new books and to take it away from the author is horrid. I cannot stand the publishers who did this they disgust me!
Daylighter
I won't read any of the ghostwritten books for The Secret Circle series or The Hunters series. By giving a 1 star to these books, I'm showing my dislike for Alloy Entertainment & HarperCollins for firing L.J. Smith. They are not allowing her to write her books the way she wanted, because they only care about what sells and don't have any respect for story telling at all.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's the letter L.J. Smith wrote herself to her fans regarding the iss...more
Richa
Update after reading (Well, sort of. Skimming mostly): Just as bad as I thought it was. And towards the end it just feels like nothing even changed from the end of The Power. Except for that one death, of course.

You have GOT to be kidding me. I may actually end up reading this, just to see how far this ghostwriter can go.
Again, predicted rating- one star.
Genovick
Nov 25, 2012 Genovick marked it as to-read
You cant just not read the book and already rate it. I understand the loyalty to L.J Smith and I admit it was so moronic to do that to her books but the idea and concept of the secret circle is cool! I wont stop reading it.
Luke
The Temptation is the sixth book in The Secret Circle series, as well as the third book to be written by Aubrey Clark, who took over the series after L.J. Smith had been fired.

Cassie is alone. The Circle—the closest people to a family she's every known—has been possessed by powerful evil spirits who happen to be Cassie's ancestors. And the only way she can free her friends from these spirits' grips is that she must get aid from an unexpected ally.

This is my favourite in the series. It has a very...more
Emily
Here's the thing. In books, characters need to grow and develop. It's what makes characters interesting and dynamic. Characters *certainly* need to grow and develop over the course of a six-book series. So when I got to the end of "The Temptation" and everyone was in precisely the same place as in the end of "The Power" (except Suzan, who had been killed off)--well, I was left feeling that I'd wasted my time.

At the beginning of the book, we learn that the Circle, with the exception of Cassie and...more
Jessie
Sep 11, 2012 Jessie marked it as to-read

Lj smith come back! The series sucks without ur incredible writing ;(
Julie
Eh...ok. I read 120 pages in a little over an hour! but I think it would've been way better if it was written by LJ Smith
Naqib
the secret circle had a unique beginning... the idea was good and the plot was nicely arranged. However for the last four books, it clearly was not written by the original author. the whole idea changed and it does not have the same maturity as the earlier two. the story becomes predicable and all of the character had loose their identity. it was an okay book, but i strongly believe that i will appreciate Aubrey Clark more if he/she write a whole new story on witches rather than adding on what L...more
Jamie
This book truly offered nothing useful to the reader. Its shallow plot had me pissed almost the entire book. I was actually thankful when I discovered this was the last book in the series.
K
hmm....this is a tough review for me as I am torn w/ what rating to give, and what to write. although this book, and the previous ones written by Clark, are nowhere near as good as the originals written by ms. smith, this one surprised me as it was actually decent; and I think the best of the three since the series was continued. overall, I found the story an easy, enjoyable read to pass some time; and liked how it all ended. although I liked this story better than the previous two books, the st...more
Taylor Villanueva
OMG!!! Can't Even Talk I Am So Excited! Everyone Says It Sucks But I Extremely Believe Otherwise!!!!!!
Sherri
This is the sixth book in the teen witch series and the third one in a row not written by the original author, L. J. Smith. Teen Cassie Black is part of a coven of 12 teen witches who are all descendants from the same ‘secret circle’ of witches who have been active for hundreds of years. In order to save her coven from evil witch hunters, Cassie used a curse from the Book of Shadows, a dangerous book of dark magic spells that once belonged to her father, Black John who was a powerful dark magic...more
Joti
Racquel
Sara
Well it looks like this is the last book for this series. I was hoping for Cassie to end up with Nick since he seemed more exciting then Adam. I agree that some of this story seems predictable and sometimes it may surprise you. I'd say it's a good ending. To have gotten rid of the darkness that took over the witches control and haunted them for generations... it was about time they defeated evil. It was sad to see her end up powerless and joyful to see how everyone gave up a little of their powe...more
Vayti
I liked the book. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I shipped Nick and Cassie as well as Adam and Cassie. I just don't understand how Nick and Cassie part off? Yes they still friends and still see each other but what about the love they have for each other? Adam and Cassie were destined but what about Nick? Also if another set of books come out I'm hoping they meet other witches I wonder if they'll marry outsiders or witches? I know in the beginning they teased Cassie for being a hal...more
Heav
Although this book isn't written by L.J. Smith I think the author did a really good job of pursuing the story over the three she wrote. I really really loved the last book in the series.

Cassie has to find a way to get rid of the Blak family ancestors without a complete circle. Once Cassie finds out what she has to do she is overwhelmed. She has to convince her sister Scarlett back into her circle and after performing the spell there are consequences. Through thick and thin Cassie's circle stic...more
Ricardo Rodrigues
As I said in my review for the book that precedes this one the story is just awesome from beginning to end, not the best book ever, but I really enjoy the whole "Blak Family storyline" and their adventures against/with dark magic, also love the way they approach the romantic part of the story, it has everything it needs but the story does not revolve around love, which is great in my opinion. These characters and this universe have so much potential in my opinion, and the whole ancient dark magi...more
Tereza S.
Ještě než se vrhnu na zhodnocení samotného dílu, zmíním se o sérii jako takové, protože Pokušením série (doufejme) končí. V první řadě obálky. Trochu mi vadí, že obálky dílů navazujících na původní trilogii s nimi nejdou moc dohromady, ale zase jsou mnohem hezčí. Vážně se mi líbí a nejvíc asi právě u tohoto posledního dílu, protože je tam ten fialový nápis. A kde je fialová, to můžu.
Celkově jde o sérii, která nijak neohromí, ale zase je to docela příjemné čtení na víkend. Všechny díly se čtou d...more
Ashley Way
Just Startin' Out- Oh, Man is Cassie in deep this time around. She should have known better than trust Scarlett. I want some Nick and Cassie action here too!
Half-Way There- OMG! OMG! Nick and Cassie is really happening! OMG! My ship has sailed!
Almost There- Really?! Really?! You got me all excited for a Cassie/Nick (Nassie? Cick? IDK.) ship, then dashed it to bits. And for what? For Adam? Whose love for Cassie wasn't strong enough to overcome the possession while Nick's was? Is that a joke? You'...more
Tiffany
Read it to finish the series.... Kept logging off to check twitter, Facebook, email anything to wake myself back up - author seemed to be ready to wrap it up from page 1- sad I was really looking forward to it after the way the last one ended
William  Bloom
The story was rushed. I wish there was more description, it could have easily been another 100pgs but no we are forced to fill in more from imagination and by doing this makes the overall story weak.
Kim
This was horrific. Nothing like L.J Smith would write. I read about half of it, and could bear no more. I wish i liked it......but it's just...not good.
Horrible. Absolutely not worth the effort of reading. I read "The Secret Circle" series about eight years ago and loved all of L.J. Smith books. I know a show came out but I never watched it. Then I heard about how she is not writing the extensions to the original books but I figured that the new author might be ok. I was wrong! The way this story unfolds, the characters, the writing style- completely different and not true to how LJ Smith wrote these books. She literally got robbed. I can not b...more
V.A. Manning
(Review for the entire series)

This was a wonderfully written series about Witches. I loved the character development, the setting, and the way that magic is done in the world of New Salem. I also love the connection with the Salem Witches in this book - wonderful touch. It shows witches as a force of good, but also shows that darkness can be addictive, and that you should harm none with your powers.

Definitely a series I would recommend for anyone that enjoys books about witches!
Kristal E.
I love this series and this book is as good as all the others. Also, Aubrey Clark, who wrote books four, five, and six did a fantastic job keeping the characters personalities and relationships the same as L. J Smith wrote them in the first three books. I couldn't tell that it was a different author.
Kat Powell
It's the best in the not L.j. Smith part of the series. Clark does a good job of wrapping things up and keeping the reader turning page after page. I finished this book in a few hours, just because I couldn't stop.
Leslie Gibson
I like the first 3 books better but this one shows cassie's strength compared to faye's in the first set. I did enjoy these was kinda bummed over the nick and Adam thing but. Hey, I'm a sucker for the nice bad boy.
anticlimactic much? 2 2 Oct 09, 2014 01:25PM
  • Kalona's Fall (House of Night Novellas, #4)
  • Thirst No. 5: The Sacred Veil (Thirst, #5)
  • Hunting Kat (Darkest Powers, # 0.4)
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)
  • Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family, #3)
  • The Guardians
  • True (Elixir, #3)
  • Seven Minutes in Heaven (The Lying Game, #6)
  • A Necklace of Water (Balefire, #4)
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 2
  • Destiny (Immortal, #4)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • A Witch in Love (Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • Everafter (Kissed by an Angel #6)
  • Blood Queen (Lharmell, #3)
  • Daylighters (The Morganville Vampires, #15)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th...more
More about L.J. Smith...
The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9) Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6) Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1) Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3)