Start by marking “Across the Creek (Jesse & Sarah, #1)” as Want to Read:
Across the Creek (Jesse & Sarah, #1)

Across the Creek (Jesse & Sarah #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,014 ratings  ·  114 reviews
Life only gives you one first kiss.

Published June 15th 2012 (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Across the Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Across the Creek

Anne OK
Jul 21, 2012 Anne OK rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anne OK by: Amazon Kindle Freebie
Shelves: 2012-reads
Very seldom do I find a book in the romance genre by a male author that completely overwhelms. Jeremy Asher did just that in Across the Creek. I highly recommend this story to readers looking for something a little different and a whole lot unique. The plot is endearing as well as frustrating. Relationships between the characters are well-crafted with emotion, believability, and realism. A bittersweet sentiment runs throughout the tender and enchanting storyline that will keep a reader’s instinc ...more
Carmie
I took a chance on a free book on Kindle. Across the Creek is a generic story of the innocence of first love. Despite lacking real character depth and my overall ho-hum attitude, I finished the book expecting it to resolve nicely. Instead, I was left with a cliffhanger. I didn't realize until the end that I was reading the first book in a series. I'm not sure I will invest the time to read the second installment. I'm sure that the next book will end how I expected this book to end.
Elizabeth (Liz)
11/26/12......Amazon freebie
Loraine
SUMMARY: Life only gives you one first kiss.

And when Jesse Malone kissed Sarah Ramsey, he thought his life would change, but not in the way that it did. An unlikely childhood romance between a poor boy and a wealthy girl began the day Jesse decided to do the impossible and cross the creek. A love was born, one that would become their shelter, protecting them from the storms of their lives, until the day Jesse witnessed his mother’s murder, forcing him to leave his childhood home…and first love.

T
Sue
Life only gives you one first kiss.

Ten years
Courtney Stephens
This was a sad love story. I cried and laughed my way through this book. I think Jesse and Sarah should end up together in the end. But who knows how the series will play out. Can't wait to read the next two books
Julie Baker
I tend to not pay attention to the author of a book until I've read it. My first reaction at the end of this was to blurt out "A dude wrote that?" This was quite possibly one of the sweetest, most relatable stories I've read in a long time. I get Jesses side because I know what its like to never get over your first love (I've been married to mine for almost 12 years after a 4 year split). I unfortunately get Sarah's side of it too. My dad is sick but he's still fighting. I felt her pain on a lev ...more
Ravioli Rachel
3 out of 5 Stars

Mainly because there was no HEA, I'm assuming it will occur in the next book but, I really hate endings like that. Leaves me feeling unfulfilled by the end of the book. Blah!!!
Vianey
A roller coaster of emotions I laughed, cried and grew frustrated with the characters at some parts. This book had me in from the beginning. It was a well-written bittersweet love story. I enjoyed the characters and could feel what they were feeling. You can easy relate to the characters, it is a typical love story plot between a rich girl and a guy who doesn't have enough money and a rough upbringing, there was something more to this book though. The characters were true and genuine, it made th ...more
Across the Creek felt like a really short book. At the end I just felt like oh it is over already? I didn't feel like much happened in it so it was just okay.

The story starts off with Jesse and Sarah's first kiss, and the last time they have seen each other. Then it jumps to 10 years later when they stumble across each other again. There is the instant attraction again, but Sarah is engaged.

Even though Sarah is engaged, and loves her fiance, she is still attracted to Jesse. He is there for her
Gary
Across the Creek is an amazing novel that makes you relate to the characters from the very first chapter. They are characters that you want to get to know. They are people that I would want to be friends with.

These are well crafted characters that Jeremy Asher has created. They are good nature people moving through life doing the best that they can, given their situations. Jesse Malone is a well-meaning guy that finds his simple life complicated with the reintroduction of the only girl that he h
LAWonder10
This was a wonderful, well-written, bitter-sweet love story.
Jesse and Sarah were childhood friends from opposite ends of the social ladder.
Sarah was his first and only love and his first kiss.
Jesse and Robbie, his brother, were always having to flee from town to town
with their mother to avoid having their father find them. He was a violent, abusive drunk.
The day Jesse returned form the old Willow tree after receiving his first kiss, he found
his father brutally beating his mother and Robbie in t
Phyllis Gauker
I didn't realize when I began the book that it was a Ya. since I am 74, it wasn't exactly my style, but I think it might be beneficial for a person who needs to get in contact with reality. It focused on a few common young people type problems such as getting a bad reputation by association, showing loyalty to an absurd level, being in love with two people at the same time etc. I was just sure it was going to have the pat "happy" ending, but it surprised me. It was rather repetitious, sort of th ...more
Kelly
Surprisingly good! This was a free kindle download; I never expect much from my free book purchases, but this one was well worth it. I might just purchase the next two in the trilogy, just to see what happens next.

The two main characters, Jesse and Sarah, are very likable and relatable. Their personal experiences are real and, unfortunately, sad. However, the way they deal with their tragedies and help each other is what keeps the story moving. It is a perfect summer read.
Jessica
So the author did a really good job with this book I think until the end. The book is sad and I spent at least half of the time I was reading it in tears. I understand that the author is going for a trilogy here so the story couldn't just end but did they half to go this direction with it? I don't think I am going to read the next one. I think I will check out other books from this author though because I really liked his style.
Dawn Hicks
Jesse and Sarah are childhood friends ad their story is very touching. Once the run back into one another their feelings resurface and they both try hard to fight it. However, Jesse wants Sarah to be happy and also be able to help his brother so he sacrifices his love for Sarah to help his brother. Sarah's father leaves her a wonderful surprise in the time capsule and I hope that Jesse and Sarah can be together somehow.
Jean
I'm not into reading a lot of romance books, but this one certainly caught my attention as I started reading it. Jesse lives across the creek from Sarah. They are worlds apart as Jesse, along with his brother and mother, lives on the wrong side of town. Sarah comes from a wealthy family. Jesse and Sarah become childhood friends. Sarah is the first girl that Jesse kisses. Tradegy enters the picture when Jesse's drunken father murders his mother. Jesse and Sarah become separated. Ten years later t ...more
S. Nelson
Loved the book from beginning to end. A good love story with many interesting twists. Sarah and Jesse's story is well crafted. I like Robbie's character and it was good to see him trying to overcome his challenges. I look forward to reading the sequel.
Joan
After a long, rather dull story in which nothing much happened, the book ended on a cliff-hanger. I don't care enough about any of the characters to want to buy the next book in the series.
connie reisdorf
Love has consequences!

A nice love story with several interesting twists. Kept you guessing right up to the end. Love for family wins over love for a girlfriend! Very touching!

Denise Laspina
I totally enjoyed this book. I couldn't wait to get back to the characters each day. Now I need to read the next two books in the series to see what happens to Jesse and Sarah.
Marilyn
Good

this love story is so sad that found myself crying many time.the story about two brothers and what they did to protect each other.
Bridget
Great book :)

I really enjoyed this book. It was more than just Jesse and Sarah. It had a little mystery, giving you little bits at a time to keep you reading and hoping for the best. A good heart touching read.
Michelle
Really enjoyed this book and can't wait to start reading the next one. Great love story, good twists and thoroughly enjoyable
Paula
Peg
I received this novel as a free download from Amazon. Thank you!

This is a tender, romantic, love story beginning when the two protagonists were 12 years old. The boy is poor and the girl is rich which always seems to give the author plenty to write about. After a separation of 10 years, they meet again. Their love resurfaces but there are complications which keep them from being together. The supporting characters are interesting and believable. The novel has a nice flow and held my interest thr
Barbara
Excellent romance read...real love between Jesse and Sarah. Also there is Kevin and Sarah loves both men. I can not wait to read book 2 in the series, "Beneath the Willow."
Kianga
This was a very heart wrenching story about love and loss and the sacrifices we make for it.
Micki Drake
This was a great book. I cried. People are lucky if they experience this kinda love.
  • Seventy-Two Hours
  • Undertow
  • Promise Cove (Pelican Pointe, #1)
  • Take A Deep Breath
  • A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1)
  • The Guestbook (Madrona Island, #1)
  • Homesong
  • Memories
  • Some Day Somebody (La Fleur de Love, #1)
  • The Dream Jumper's Promise
  • The Boots My Mother Gave Me
  • Tripped Up Love (The New Ever After Series, #1)
  • The Summer I Learned to Dive
  • Bringing Down Sam
  • Falling For Nick
  • The Broken Road (The Broken Road, #1)
  • Mad About You
  • My Temporary Life (My Temporary Life, #1)
Beneath the Willow (Jesse & Sarah, #2) Losing Faith (Seth & Trista, #1) Close to Home (Jesse & Sarah, #3) Insignificant Moments The Greatest Gift (Seth & Trista, #2)

“It’s passion that breathes life into the shells of our existence.” 0 likes