Start by marking “Quotable (The Bloomington Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Quotable (The Bloomington Series, #1)

Quotable (The Bloomington Series #1)

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Genna Lyndsey is not a people person. She's too short, too-skinny, and with wild haired and sturdy nerdy glasses, she just wants to live through her books. So it’s lucky she and her best friend own their own bookstore. Her college days taught her that dating was too unreliable to depend on others. It was then that she started resorting to obscure quotes to shield herself f ...more
Published June 6th 2012 by Soul Mate Publishing (June 6, 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Quotable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quotable

Paula
Jul 10, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
Fun, clever premise. Genna uses quotes to substitute for conversation or dialogue. Good characters and the secondary story of a grandmother finding a long lost granddaughter is quite moving. Some word choices are strange and the end predictable, even so a quick, sweet read.
Jackie
Jun 30, 2014 Jackie rated it really liked it
Genna is soully focused on making her business successful and growing it. The big problem is that her building keeps having to be repaired. Genna must file reports with her insurance company but when Rick Johnson investigates the numerous claims he begins to wonder about the store and its owner. When Rick meets the unusual Genna he is taken aback. She is skinny, wild haired and using quotes in every day conversation as though most people understand her. The more Rick investigates Genna and her b ...more
Gina Smith
Jul 10, 2015 Gina Smith rated it really liked it
An entertaining read. Genna is an awkward young woman who has a habit of conversing thought quotes from books when she is excited or agitated. Rick is a fraud investigator hired to look into various claims for damage to the building she owns and where she has her bookstore. He has an instant attraction to her and together they work to find out who is behind the damage to her building. Good mystery and romance.
* I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Peggy Twigg
Oct 18, 2015 Peggy Twigg rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Quotable that this book is Awesome!! This was a great romance with some mystery to it, also. I loved the quotes. This story was told in a way that kept you reading to find out what the world was going to happen next. It was a believable story. It’s a story that could actually happen, and like you were right there in the middle of it. I enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend it.
Jun 25, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I actually liked this book. It was a funny, suspense and it kept me on my toes. I want to read the second book. I am always on the look out for books that will keep me entertained. I stumbled on this one and was NOT disappointed. I ended up reading this in on sitting.

i received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review.
Neena Christianson Martin
A true love story

A good old-fashioned love story, without a lot of gratuitous sex. Add in a good dose of mystery, some kooky characters, and you have the story of Rick and Genna. I loved how the author fleshed out her characters. The Bloomington series are true winners.
Tamye Whitener
Jan 22, 2014 Tamye Whitener rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book about Genna a used book store owner and Rick an insurance frudulant claims investigator. The characters in the book are quirky, yet lovable. At one point the author had me in tears. Always a sign of a good book. It was a well thought out plot, great interaction between the characters and easy read. I would definately recommend this to my friends.
Cathy
Jul 09, 2015 Cathy rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free for an honest review. Loved the story line. Can not wait till they all come out.
Brandy
Jan 21, 2013 Brandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book. This is a new to me author but after getting over the quotes and NOT understanding them I found I enjoyed the story. I enjoyed it enough that I dove into the next book, Maybe It's You, right away.
Joan
May 04, 2013 Joan rated it really liked it
cute story with well developed characters. I often wanted to pull words out of Genna's mouth so she could have a conversation with Rick, the mystery part was well done. I will look forward to reading the next book by this author.
Tara BookWhore
Dec 13, 2012 Tara BookWhore rated it it was ok
Nope didn't like it... I'm not quite sure where it went wrong for me.. Maybe the quotes as dialogue but it fell short
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Dec 28, 2012 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
I love this fun little love story with a mystery tied in.Very fun read!!
Jenny Miller
Jan 23, 2013 Jenny Miller rated it liked it
had potential but i just couldn't get through it. dragged on a bit.
Lindsay
Dec 01, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 12/1/2012
Kris
Dec 07, 2012 Kris rated it really liked it
Very cute story.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Nicole Ortiz
Nicole Ortiz marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jae Park
Jae Park marked it as to-read
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Tera
Tera marked it as to-read
Elaine Needelman
Elaine Needelman marked it as to-read
Dennis Hall
Dennis Hall marked it as to-read
Eric Olsen
Eric Olsen marked it as to-read
Reava
Reava marked it as to-read
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
  • Last First Kiss (La Fleur de Love, #2)
  • Soul Seducer
  • The Bull Rider’s Manager (Bull Rider #2)
  • Miss Merry's Christmas
  • Love's Justice
  • Keeper of My Heart
  • The Puzzle (Samantha Jamison Mystery #1)
  • Teach Me
  • Clear As Day (The River #2)
  • Intergalactic Heat
  • The Samurai's Garden
  • More Than Friends
  • The Good Daughter (Vista Security, #1)
  • Serial Games (Virginia Justice, #1)
  • In for a Penny: A Cleopatra Jones Mystery (Cleopatra Jones, #1)
  • A Bed of Spices
  • The Saint's Devilish Deal
  • The Boyfriend Bylaws

The Bloomington Series (2 books)
  • Maybe It's You (The Bloomington Series, #2)