Start by marking “Too Close to Touch” as Want to Read:
Too Close to Touch

Too Close to Touch

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  1,296 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Life gets complicated when love turns out to be nothing like you expected - and the woman you want is too close to touch.
Gretchen Kaiser is a workaholic corporate honcho with issues – she’s got daddy issues, she’s got female-executive-in-a-man’s-world issues, and she’s got one night stand issues. What she doesn’t have are love issues. She isn’t looking for it, she doesn’t
Published July 1st 2006 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Too Close to Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Close to Touch

Sprinkles
I may be Sprinkles, but I'm salty.

Ahead, you'll see many feelings. You've been warned. :)

This certainly had the potential for a fair 4 stars, maybe even five if it kept the delicious momentum of the early segments of the book. And then...GEORGIA BEERS, WHYYYYY???

First, let me start with why I loved it (in the beginning). Gretchen and Kylie's chemistry was SO GOOD. Not to mention I'm already giddy with the sexy boss/employee naughtiness. Gretchen sounded like a dreaaaaammm and I found Kylie rela
Tara
I love Gretchen and Kylie. Like, big time, fighty feelings, you can’t tell me anything about them because they’re one of my favourite lesfic couples, love them. Their respective jobs make them terrible for each other, but their chemistry is off the charts, and the way neither woman can stay away is delicious. They complement each other well, making a powerful pair both at work and outside the office.

Full review: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/close...

If you don't mind spoilers, check out Sprink
Jill
Nov 16, 2009 Jill rated it liked it
Recommends it for: lonely lesbians
Shelves: glbtq
Good solid lesbian romance. Plenty of character-driven plot, with a nice bit of tension between three characters that isn't overdone (though it is somewhat predictable). Several sex scenes that are neither too graphic nor too vague and leave the reader (this one anyway) satisfied. Since there's no description listed here, perhaps this one from the cover will help those wondering what it's all about...

"Life gets complicated when love turns out to be nothing like you expected - and the woman you w
Maria
Aug 24, 2016 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: love-story, ff, lesfic
I've read some books by Georgia Beers and always seem to enjoy them so when I found myself with nothing to read on my way to work I decided to read this one. This is a solid lesfic, with a well accomplished plot, and many and diverse female characters.
The story follows Gretchen and Kylie as they get to know each other working together. I enjoyed that they were both focused and worked hard to reach their goals, although their work ethics were compromised by their attraction part of what made me
C. Mack
Jan 10, 2017 C. Mack rated it it was amazing
Quite a stereotypical new boss and PA working relationship that leads to something more...the key difference being that this one is done well. The characters have depth and their relationship evolves in a believable and natural way with enough in the plot to keep you engaged.
Pin
A solid read, but not my favorite among Georgia Beers' novels. I did not like the main characters much.
Alberta
Jan 12, 2012 Alberta rated it liked it
After having read "Starting from Scratch" by Georgia Beers, which I loved, I decided on "Too Close to Touch". The book sounded interesting and I loved the way Georgia Beers had brought her characters to life in her other book, I was expecting an entertaining read. And it certainly was entertaining and an interesting story. However, I was really disappointed in the characters. I just could not get interested in them'at all. If you want to read the book, stop reading now since I want to give a few ...more
Holly
Mar 07, 2013 Holly rated it it was ok
Shelves: lesbian-fic
LVLMLeah
May 03, 2015 LVLMLeah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian, romance, mature, audio
I liked this story. The characters are very likable, even the rather coolish Gretchen. It follows all the basic rules of a romance: lots of emotional/sexual tension but just the right amount. Was a very satisfying and quick story.

As far at the audio-- the narrator was going for sultry and maybe cool straighforward for Gretchen, but she talked like Bat Dad and I did find it distracting at first. But mostly it was a good audio.
Kirsty Morris
Jul 10, 2011 Kirsty Morris rated it it was amazing
Loved this. An easy read, with characters you can relate to. I recently discovered Georgia Beers as an author and read every one of her books within a couple of weeks! They are all well written and easy to lose yourself in. Refreshing to find some lesbian fiction that isn't just erotica!
Nadine Earnshaw
Jun 06, 2013 Nadine Earnshaw rated it really liked it
lesbian romance - yay
Rebecca
May 14, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Pleasantly surprised. Really enjoyed this book.
Eero
Mar 01, 2013 Eero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian, romance
Surprisingly good for modern romance as our main characters are equal in their romance which is nice change from today's typical romance where there feels to be always domineering and submissive persons which writer tries to make reader believe that they are equals in their partnership.

Only thing what I didn't like in story arc was prolonged back and forth between character as they go through if its OK to date someone from the work and is it love or lust. And this is ended by tragedy which drive
Lbousson
Sorry/not sorry. This was a real disappointment. I went into the story thinking I was going to like it, and ended up skimming/speed-reading the thing. The weird thing is that I think I've attempted to read this book before, maybe even twice. I look at the title and I think: "Whoa, I think I'd like this book" ...then I start reading it and I'm like: "Whoa..I've already read this and I didn't like it."

The issue I have is that the author makes Mick too likable. Mick is a woman that would go to the
Artemis
Mar 02, 2015 Artemis rated it really liked it
From the two books I've read by Ms. Beers, I've noticed two things... except I seem to have forgotten the non-spoiler one (IT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY TOO! my brain, or the lack thereof... don't even get me started...)

1) (view spoiler)

I'll try t
Velocity
Jan 06, 2013 Velocity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Oooh, that was a treat indeed. The characters were real and beautifully flawed and the HEA immensely satisfying. Kudos to the childfree angle as well, it was refreshing to read about adult lesbians who aren't interested in having babies. The 'almost-rape' scene left a bitter taste in my mouth and despite the fact that real life tends to offer that tang sometimes as well (yes, my puns are awful. no, I won't stop using them), I'm still unsure whether that was really necessary -mainly because (view ...more
Miriam Cortez
May 07, 2015 Miriam Cortez rated it it was amazing
Fell in love with this one. It was amzingly written and well told in the aspect of finding who you are and making the right move to move on with life. The way both women don't know if they should fall for one another or not is kinda exiting and when they finally have there moment well its pretty amazing. Gretchen and Kylie were made for one another and tragedy bring them together and teaches them to love and trust once more. Only bad thing is that once the boss and the other an employee haha. st ...more
Inifinity Dreams
Un libro interesante en el género lesbian, que no muchos le dan una oportunidad de leerlo pero me ha gustado la forma en que se fué desarrollando ésta historia entre gretchen y kylie, una que anhela encontrar el amor con un carácter bondadoso y alegre, mientras que gretchen es de carácter fuerte debido a la indifefencia de su padre quién muere al poco tiempo después, kylie resulta ser la persona indicada para gretchen quién le demuestra lo que es el verdadero amor y que no debe tenerle miedo.

Niamh Murphy
Feb 04, 2013 Niamh Murphy rated it really liked it
Read my full review here: http://niamhmurphyauthor.blogspot.co....

This is not a quick, short story involving two women and a desk after hours in an office (although there is a bit of that!) there is real meat to this novel, with rounded characters and problems that can’t just be brushed away; these woman have to fight to get what they want and it isn’t always easy or pleasant.

I really enjoyed this story, I got so much more than I expected – I was taken on a journey and I wasn’t left disappointed
Kimberly
Oct 28, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Georgia Beers never fails to deliver a story you can get lost in.

This book definitely follows the romance formula. But, hey, it's a formula for a reason. It works.

The characters are well developed and you like them. They have their flaws, but that makes them human and relate-able.

I recommend this book when you need a solid romance to take you away for a few hours.
Kathryn
Jun 27, 2016 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I highly recommend this book to lezfic readers
Recommended to Kathryn by: Listopia: Best Femme/Femme Couples
I love Georgia Beers's books. Her characters are always feminine and hot—by her descriptions. I needed to read something feminine after the last book I read; which was horrible. The descriptions of this book are abundant from other reviewers so I'll just say, I LOVED it! I will be reading this again and the rest of Georgia Beer's books.
Raven
Jan 25, 2012 Raven rated it it was amazing
Another great book. Key signs that your reading a Georgia Beers book, one or both main characters like dogs and leather furniture. You could definitely feel the major passion going on in this book, it seemed much more tangible than some of her other books that I've read lately, but once again another great book.
Sally Trotter
Jan 30, 2015 Sally Trotter rated it it was amazing
This was the first Georgia Beers book I read. I enjoyed it so much it led me to all her other works which did not disappoint. A great story teller of lesbian romance whose characters come alive from the page. This particular story tells of an executive and her PA who finally realise that their feelings for each other far outweigh and other considerations
poppp
Sep 04, 2015 poppp rated it liked it
I'm not really disappointed, since I didn't really expect a lot. It was just an average book. It's not one of the better ones from the author. It felt a little flat. I like Kylie and Gretchen, but it was missing something.
Caren Shaughnessy
Sometimes you just need a book to make you smile.

Not all books need to be overanalyzed. This book was a fun easy read that took my mind off of everything else that is going on. In the end it definitely put a smile on my face.
Ginger Miller
May 03, 2016 Ginger Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book.

This was a good book. Not great but very good. And, thank God, not a single vampire, werewolf, alien, or angel in sight. Just what I needed. Real life, real problems, real solutions. I need to thank Georgia Beers for not being drawn into the vampire genre. Well done.
veronica
Feb 02, 2017 veronica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

La historia está buena sencilla pero agradable mantienes el interés pero no es de las historias que te mantiene el corazón en la mano
Lisa Nelson
Dec 03, 2014 Lisa Nelson rated it it was amazing
I love this book!!! it is the first book I ever read by Georgia beers and I read it many times. it is sweet and it touches my heart.
Heidi
Jun 29, 2015 Heidi rated it really liked it
This book was such a pleasure to read! I just couldn't put it down.
Alicia Ludick
  • Fierce Overture
  • Infinite Loop
  • Madam President
  • Jericho
Lambda and Golden Crown Literary Award-winning author Georgia Beers lives in Rochester, New York. She has been writing for as long as she can remember, and published her first lesbian novel in 2000.
More about Georgia Beers...