Start by marking “How The Sun Was Brought Back To The Sky” as Want to Read:
How The Sun Was Brought Back To The Sky

How The Sun Was Brought Back To The Sky

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  60 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
After the sun fails to shine for the third day, a group of chicks go in search of it with the help of their animal friends.
Published 1975 by Macmillan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about How The Sun Was Brought Back To The Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How The Sun Was Brought Back To The Sky

The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakFour is a little, Four is a LOT by Cheska KomissarIf You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe NumeroffGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Books for four-year-old children
69th out of 402 books — 266 voters
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Best Childhood Picture Books
179th out of 414 books — 436 voters

More lists with this book...

Rosa Cline
Apr 04, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
I received this book when I was a very little girl. I remember my mother reading it to me and it being a favorite of mine, then later learnt to read it myself. I then read it to my children and now am reading it to my 2 year old granddaughter! Illustrations are wonderful almost a waterpaint but not really... will captivate listeners and readers both.

The sun hadn't shown in 3 days so little chicks first missed him, then they set out and asked others along the way where the sun lived. They encount
Katie Williams
I found this book when looking up books for a sources of light lesson. It's a story about baby bunnies who venture off to find the sun. They eventually end up finding it sleeping in the clouds, wake it up, and the sun shines brightly and disperses the rain clouds. I didn't use this book, but it was a nice story and a good topic book for sources of light. A lot of the story is fictional, so it would be a good connection for kids to tell the difference between how light works in real life compared ...more
Maria
May 22, 2008 Maria rated it it was ok
The best part of this book is when the animals wash the sun so that it can come back out and shine. Especially when the hedgehog polishes it with his bristles. Otherwise both the pictures and text are forgettable.
Pinkweeds
May 27, 2012 Pinkweeds rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I spent the whole night trying to find this book last night! It's a real task if you can't remember the title of a rare book. I loved this story when I was a child and I can't wait to share it with my child.
Heidi-Marie
I loved the pictures in this book. They were imprinted on my memory and have stayed for a very long time. Although the story may not be profound, it was nice and simple and enough to stay with me.
Alice
May 18, 2011 Alice rated it it was amazing
I have always loved this book -- one of the top five I keep as an adult, because I loved it so much as a child.
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Michelle May
Michelle May rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Abby
Abby rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2007
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2011
Sonia Allison
Sonia Allison rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Toni Norcross
Toni Norcross rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Don Gubler
Don Gubler rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2012
Eliza
Eliza rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2012
Jim
Jim rated it it was ok
May 26, 2011
Gina
Dec 07, 2012 Gina rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet children's book I heard at work last year, I had to get it for myself!
Marlene
Marlene rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Francesca
Francesca rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2007
Maureen Hickey
Maureen Hickey rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
B.B.
Oct 17, 2012 B.B. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood-books
The poor little Sun is so cute.
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2016
Netphile
Netphile rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Jonathan Compton
Jonathan Compton rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
Anna Williams
Anna Williams rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2010
Mirra Ginsburg (1909-2000) was a Jewish Russian-American translator of Russian literature, collector of folk tales and children's writer.

(from Wikipedia)
More about Mirra Ginsburg...