Start by marking “Silver Threads” as Want to Read:
Silver Threads

Silver Threads

'Silver Threads' is the first collection of poetry by Jade Kennedy, one of the most recent literary talents to emerge from the city of Hull. Like the 'white wild flower sprung up between the cracks' of her opening poem, Jade's poetic voice has its roots in urban reality, its attention fixed at the sky, and a considerable elegance of its own.

The poems are filled to the brim
Published May 31st 2012 by Valley Press

To ask other readers questions about Silver Threads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Threads

Audra (Unabridged Chick)
I picked up this volume of poetry one night after work, intending to just thumb through the offerings and see what the vibe was like; and then it was bedtime, and I had devoured the entire volume.

Suffering through this everlasting respiratory and sinus infection, I haven't been feeling the most clear-headed and focused. Sometimes, I admit, poetry can feel a bit obscure for my tastes -- I worry I'm 'missing' something -- but what I love about poetry is the snapshot of sensory detail, magic, and
Casee Marie
Jul 16, 2013 Casee Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, favorites, 2012
My full review on Literary Inklings

Each poet’s idea of poetry, what it means to them, is always different, and what Jade Kennedy puts forth is a mesmerizing rendering of the English language that explores the utmost creativity of the art of writing. Her works deal with simple and deeply honest reality, but they also explore the gentle and all-encompassing power of imagination, taking basic thoughts into new realms and moving her audience to consider the everyday in a different, more magical ligh
gautami
Poetry emcompasses ideas, feelings and thoughts. It can be concrete or abstract. Poetry says so much in so little. I am a poet so I understand the poetic mind. It can speak of something and then unexpectedly, for the reader, take an about turn. There are no absolutes.

In this thin book of poetry, Jade Kennedy has made mesmerising use of the English language. She takes us into a higher plane. The poems are a mix of dark, spirituality, dreamy and yet rational. Her words show rich imagination, and
Nicki Markus
Aug 18, 2012 Nicki Markus rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-poetry
This is a delightful collection of poems by a very talented writer. Kennedy's grasp of the English language is stunning as she weaves beautiful, evocative images in the space of a few short lines. These poems really captured my heart and mind and are definitely ones I could return to again and again, getting more out of them each time. If poetry is your thing, I can highly recommend checking out this collection.
Emma Ramos
Nov 03, 2012 Emma Ramos rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful, completely unpretentious poetry collection be an up-and-coming british poet. If you're looking for a small book of poems that will make you both nostalgic and cheerful, Jade Kennedy's Silver Threads will deliver as promised.
Jade Kennedy
Jun 27, 2012 Jade Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Maggie Johnson
Maggie Johnson rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Harvee
Harvee marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2012
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Ruben
Ruben marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2012
Latoya
Latoya added it
Dec 08, 2012
Julie Rose
Julie Rose marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016