Start by marking “Wuthering Nights” as Want to Read:
Wuthering Nights

Wuthering Nights

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews

When Heath and Kate meet as children they form a bond that lasts forever. Wuthering Nights is a modern, gothic romance inspired by Wuthering Heights.

Published May 29th 2012 by Summer Day Publications

To ask other readers questions about Wuthering Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wuthering Nights

Sam Certainly Can by Bridgitte LesleyDogshit Saved My Life by Karl WigginsTagged by Joseph M. ChironSend More Idiots by Tony Perez-GieseCrashing Back Down by Kristen Hope Mazzola
My Fave Indie Authors
24th out of 384 books — 380 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickThe Selection by Kiera CassFallen by Lauren KateEntwined by Heather DixonHalo by Alexandra Adornetto
Best Covers Ever
165th out of 709 books — 517 voters

More lists with this book...

Gina Dickerson
Jul 13, 2012 Gina Dickerson rated it it was amazing
Already being a fan of Wuthering Heights I was intrigued to read this modern retelling. I hoped to fall in love with the characters and I did! Wuthering Nights is a delightful love story with an added vampire twist. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale, it flowed easily and swept me up along the way. I already have Summer Day’s other work, Pride and Princesses, on my Kindle and I look forward to reading more by this author. If you like the feel of Wuthering Heights as well as vampires, then this tale ...more
Sasha
Jul 31, 2012 Sasha rated it it was amazing
THIS is a spectacular read. I loved it the that the writer made Heath a vampire and the romance between the main characters was wonderful. The atmosphere was evoked brilliantly.
Suzy
Jul 15, 2012 Suzy rated it it was amazing
This was a really excellent read, a page turner; finely written and I loved all the twists and turns!
Amanda
Jul 05, 2012 Amanda rated it did not like it
I was disappointed in this book. Labeled as a modern retelling of "Wuthering Heights," it sounded intriguing. While there were many parallels between this and the original, this version just didn't hold up. First, the writing quality was not very good. Parts were quite confusing, because not enough information was given, sometimes in an attempt to draw the reader in and make you want to continue to figure out what was hinted at, but often it was simply poor writing. A few things were never expla ...more
Michele at A Belle's Tales
Sep 23, 2012 Michele at A Belle's Tales rated it really liked it
I will need to preface this review with a confession: I have never read Wuthering Heights - only the cliff notes *gasp*. So, some of the parallels between Wuthering Nights and Wuthering Heights were probably lost on me, and I can’t comment on it being a modern day retelling. However, I know an enjoyable read when I read one, and this book did not fail to capture my attention. I am lucky enough to have all three of this author’s novels, but it was a paragraph from an excerpt on the author's blog ...more
Summer Lane
It's been a few years since I've read Wuthering Heights, so forgive me if I missed a few parallels between this book and the original classic. The book begins like so: an orphan is adopted at the Spencer estate, and this little boy just happens to have a secret. He's a vampire. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, an original bloodsucker. He grows up in a wealthy family with a little girl who he comes to love. As they grow older, they embark on a tumultuous love affair and what ensues is more dra ...more
Mary
Nov 20, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love the "real" Wuthering Heights so much that I thought this modern YA retelling might be fun. The story and its twist on the classic had potential, but the writing was quite weak and the editing was just terrible. A good editor could have taken this story above the mediocre.
Harish Puvvula
Jul 14, 2012 Harish Puvvula rated it liked it
I'm disappointed with the book. First, there are a lot of grammar issues such as missing words and inappropriate punctuation. Second, at times a character in the book, is referred with a wrong name. For example, the charchter Kat, is referred as Kate. This is disconcerting because both Kate and Kat are charchters in the book.

The book is supposed to be a modern day retelling of The Wuthering Heights; the effort is commendable but should say the author didn't live upto my expectations
Katyloujohnson688hotmail.com
Jul 07, 2012 Katyloujohnson688hotmail.com rated it it was amazing
I've read Wuthering Nights and this is an enthralling addition to the story of first love that... ahem, lasts (literally) forever; set in a place called Hampstead which was almost as evocative a setting as the original Yorkshire Moors, the writing was vivid and compelling...the characters really memorable and the detail entrancing. I just wanted to read more of this amazing novel.
Kate
Jul 31, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
From the opening, you realize this novel (written for teens and young adults) is about a boy & a love affair with a difference... loved everything about this - the characters, the setting, the detail. The writing was racey but different, very detailed... I'm also a huge fan of Pride & Princesses... Wuthering Nights was Wuthering Heights with a difference - what a great read.
Airicka Phoenix
Jul 26, 2012 Airicka Phoenix rated it really liked it
Having previously read Ms. Day's Pride & Princess I wasn't sure what to expect other than what was given in the synopsis. Now, as a sucker for all things everlasting and romantic, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book...

READ REST OF REVIEW HERE
Michelle
Jul 06, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
This was a free kindle download, so I probably shouldn't complain about it. However, there were A LOT of mistakes in this book which made it confusing. It wasn't just grammatical errors - sometimes the characters named were the totally wrong person. What could have been an interesting plot, just ended up being a disappointment.
Kate Anderson
Jun 30, 2012 Kate Anderson rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Pride and Princesses but this was very different; an obsessive YA romance 'inspired by' Wuthering Heights. There are some differences...like, Heath's a vampire - he's a compelling character and I loved the atmospheric, modern setting - unputdownable.
Mariana
Jul 08, 2012 Mariana rated it it was amazing
Got this on a recent free day on amazon, found it a compulsively readable "page turner" that went far beyond what I expected... Imaginitive, inventive... quite bizarre in places and very interesting to someone who also loves Wuthering Nights.
Macey
Jul 07, 2012 Macey rated it it was amazing
What a surprisingly "good" read - unforgettable, actually! An intrigue from start to finish, great writing, amazing characters, wonderful twist at the end and this genre has shades of others but is really original in the way it is 'told'.
Genevieve
Jul 08, 2012 Genevieve rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I had high hopes for this book but ended up being very disappointed. I felt like Heath was very shallow as were the other main characters. The description boasts it as being a 'modern' retelling, but vampires?! Get real.
Jess Worthington
Jul 07, 2012 Jess Worthington rated it it was amazing
This was utterly amazing, what a great read. I also enjoyed Pride and Princesses but this was an altogether different treat. A compelling read from start to finish!
Jules
Jul 08, 2012 Jules rated it it was amazing
Interesting, modern take on Wuthering Nights...loved the twists and turns and the main characters were very memorable, as was the setting. Intense and amazing.
Mark Thomas
Aug 03, 2012 Mark Thomas rated it it was amazing
This was a finely tuned, original take on a classic. The characters, story and writing were excellent, loved Wuthering Nights and want to read more by this author!
Kate Lynn
Aug 03, 2012 Kate Lynn rated it it was amazing
Wuthering nights was an a really original take on a classic novel. The writing was fast paced and exciting. I loved the main character - what a hottie.
Tracey
Jul 06, 2012 Tracey rated it it was amazing
Real page turner. So many twists and turns...loved the original (Wuthering Heights) and I loved this. WUTHERING NIGHTS is beyond words wonderful.
Janeysealhotmail.com Seal
Jul 07, 2012 Janeysealhotmail.com Seal rated it it was amazing
Just gonna say WOW, didn't have any expectations as this was free but I'm a huge fan of Wuthering Nights and this was a great spin on the genre.
Jake
Jul 15, 2012 Jake rated it it was amazing
Ooh, this was so good I read WUTHERING NIGHTS straight through... Kate and Heath are wonderful characters!!
Susie
Jul 02, 2012 Susie rated it liked it
clean. Kind of a strange and confusing plot, but I've never read Wuthering Heights. It sounds awful!
Jacinda Barington
Oct 07, 2012 Jacinda Barington rated it it was amazing
Read Wuthering Nights by Summer Day straight through, loved every page.
Cathy Cassidy
Jul 09, 2012 Cathy Cassidy rated it liked it
Just a fun summer read. Doesn't come close to Wuthering Heights.
Emmy Armstrong
Jun 30, 2012 Emmy Armstrong rated it it was amazing
I loved Wuthering Nights and I love THIS! Just wanted more...
Mark Hernandez
Jul 15, 2012 Mark Hernandez rated it it was amazing
I loved the engrossing way this was written.
Karen
Jul 08, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
I loved Wuthering Nights; great read.
  • Wraith (Hawaiian Shadows, #1)
  • Iron & Wine (Iron World Series #1)
  • Deep Waters
  • Northanger Abbey and Angels and Dragons
  • Winter Rose
  • Shasta Summer
  • A Moment In Time
  • To Take Her Pride
  • The Childe (The Childe, #1)
  • True Colours
  • A Place Beyond The Map
  • The Warrior Trainer (Stones of Destiny, #1)
  • Certainty
  • Gateway (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • To Love A Thief (Secrets & Scandals, #4)
  • The Phantom Of Valletta
  • Set in Stone
  • Revenant in Training (Blood and Snow, #2)
I am the writer of Pride & Princesses (currently on Amazon Kindle http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069JLAPA), Wuthering Nights, Anne Eyre, Truly, Bella Cinderella, Snow Bright, The Magic Mermaid and Teenage Fairy Tales: A collection. Popular, The Hotness and most of my YA stories are on my blog. All of my novels and fairy tales are 'wicked high school stories' inspired by the classics.
More about Summer Day...