Start by marking “Sixteen Tons - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story” as Want to Read:
Sixteen Tons - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story

Sixteen Tons - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story (Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Storys #9)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Bubba's back and he's another day older and deeper in debt! Well, not really, but he's butt-deep in goblins and running low on bullets! Little green monsters have climbed out of a coal mine in West Virginia, and Bubba's here to save the day.

Sixteen Tons is a short story of 11,000 words, or about 35 pages.
Published June 12th 2012 by Falstaff Books

Be the first to ask a question about Sixteen Tons - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story

Bart Welch
Jul 30, 2012 Bart Welch rated it really liked it
I am an unabashed lover of the Bubba-verse. I love the deeper plot he is stringing along and even though his characters are completely impossible, they seem more real to the reader than some of the most lauded characters out there. In this story, which picks up where "Footloose" left off, Bubba gets derailed from what he had decided to do (read "Footloose" to understand) to save a town from Monsters.

Mr. Hartness: If you are reading this... We need a Bubba NOVEL!!!
Pat Michaels
Jun 04, 2014 Pat Michaels rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, 2014, humor
Starts off just at the end of Footloose. Bubba has some emotions he has to work out, in terms of killing things. Skeeter finds him a goblin infestation. Ends in a cliffhanger.
Tammy K.
I have held off giving any of the shorts in this series five stars before because they have been too short. However, THIS one deserves each of those five stars as it has a fuller feel to it.
I enjoyed everything about this episode; the combat action, the humorous zingers, the budding romance and the unfolding mystery behind Bubba and his father.
I am now going to start comparing this series to the TV series Supernatural.
If you enjoy urban fantasy, paranormal investigating with butt-kicking action
Suzanne (Doppleganger)
I keep classifying these shorts as 'urban fantasy', but the term 'urban' hardly fits. Maybe I should create a shelf for 'rural fantasy' or 'redneck paranormal'.

I've enjoyed every single Bubba story so far, and they are getting better as they go! Now that the plot is thickening and we're learning more about Bubba and Skeeter's backgrounds, I'm getting downright twitchy for the next installment.
Scot
Sep 07, 2013 Scot rated it really liked it
Another fun and action packed short starring my favorite monster hunter, Bubba. Bubba is working through some issues and what better than an invasion of 3 ft tall cannon fodder to really let go of some aggression. I don't think it's possible to read a Bubba story without laughing out loud!!
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Jason Turbovsky
Jason Turbovsky rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2016
Jennie
Jennie rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Vittorio Roberti
Vittorio Roberti rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Karyn
Karyn marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Angie Slavens
Angie Slavens rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Misty Herr
Misty Herr rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015
F. Wilson
F. Wilson rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Bridie
Bridie added it
Feb 08, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
David Lauritzen
David Lauritzen rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Linda B
Linda B marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
lincoln brown
lincoln brown rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Jeremiah Judkins
Jeremiah Judkins rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Bobby Burtley
Bobby Burtley rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Michael Bowers
Michael Bowers rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Rogangosh
Rogangosh rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Rusty
Rusty rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Martin Ballard
Martin Ballard rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Charlotte Babb
Charlotte Babb rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Kristy
Kristy added it
Nov 25, 2014
Joseph Harrison
Joseph Harrison rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Warren Bush
Warren Bush rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
John Hartness is a recovering theatre geek and award-winning poet from Charlotte, NC. He is the author of The Black Knight Chronicles urban fantasy series, featuring snarky, non-sparkly vampires with bad attitudes and comic book collections to rival Stan Lee's!

A graduate of Winthrop University, John has spent twenty years in some form of theatre, from performing and directing to designing and prod
More about John G. Hartness...

Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Storys (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Voodoo Children - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
  • Ballet of Blood - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
  • Ho-Ho Homicide - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story (Bubba the Monster Hunter)
  • Tassels of Terror - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story (A Bubba the Monster Hunter short story)
  • Cat Scratch Fever - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
  • Love Stinks - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
  • Hall & Goats - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
  • Footloose - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
  • Family Tradition - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Prequel
  • Final Countdown - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story (Bubba the Monster Hunter)