Il gusto del cloro

Il gusto del cloro

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  383 ratings  ·  40 reviews
La piscina. Un microcosmo di persone, di corpi che perdono la propria forma solida diventando masse fluttuanti che nuotano per le ragioni più svariate...

... Agonismo, tempo libero, cure mediche. Dietro le pressanti insistenze del suo fisioterapista, un giovane ragazzo sofferente di scoliosi inizia a frequentare la piscina. La pigra routine dell’appuntamento del mercoledì v...more
Paperback, That's life, 144 pages
Published April 2009 by Black Velvet (first published May 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Il gusto del cloro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il gusto del cloro

Kendra saunders
This graphic novel is a hard one for me to review because I am in two minds about it. On one hand I liked it both because it is unique and slightly thought provoking. The style, originality and art all appealed to me. The story is told with the use of pictures more than it is with words, which is why it only took about half hour to read. I enjoyed the change but also look forward to getting back to words.

Now on the other hand I didn’t like it, the story cruised along at one pace. The biggest mys...more
Martyn
Federiken Masters
Ay, si no fuera por ese final que venía temiendo a la legua seguro promediaba para arriba. El dibujo, sencillamente precioso, y la manera de transmitir sensaciones está muy bien lograda. ¡Ay, si no fuera por ese final!
Bruno
Dat zijn zo van die simpele, maar o zo fantastische verhalen. Zo romantisch.
Sam Quixote
A man with curvature of the spine is advised to take up swimming to help with his condition. When he begins swimming he finds it hard to get into but slowly becomes better at it. A woman he meets at the swimming pool is a former swimming champion who helps him get better and the two begin a pool-only relationship. Over time it seems the man falls for the woman and that the woman might have feelings for the man - but will anything come of this?

This subtle, gentle story is told at a very leisurel...more
Anton
The first time I read this book too fast. Probably because there is so little text in this comic. The story, I gathered, ran as follows. Some guy, bothered by his scoliosis, starts going to the swimming pool every Wednesday, and meets a girl there. In the end, he likes both the girl (even though she does not come to the pool anymore) and swimming in general. However, as I gathered after a second reading, the point of this book is not so much the story but the how and the where of its presentatio...more
Jesse O'reilly
I found a number of good comics at the Shatin public library recently, including A Taste of Chlorine. There's not much dialogue. The story is about a young man who has back problems and is told by his chiropractor to go swimming at a pool. He meets a girl who teaches him how to swim.

The book doesn't explore any grand themes, but but I like its examination of what it means to get to know someone in brief bursts and the feeling that we're all looking for someone to connect with.
Yersinia Pestis
Le goût du chlore (2008)

Molto belli la colorazione dominante verde acqua, i movimenti, i corpi.
Però.
Io posso accettare che lei non torni più, ma voglio sapere cosa ha detto sott'acqua; ovviamente ho rifatto le sue smorfie per capire i suoni e sono giunta alle mie personalissime conclusioni.
Poi da ricerca in rete ho trovato Vivès che dice: “C'est trop personnel. Ce sont des mots que j'avais besoin de mettre dans ce livre mais je ne dirai pas lesquels.”
(e già qui è da prendere a schiaffoni)
e poi c...more
Katya Wesely
I´m working toward fluency in spanish and atm i´m at a beginning to intermediate level which limits my reading options. Right now I am reading a lot of comic books and tween fiction. I thought this comic was cute, the illustrations were beautiful and the spanish was easy to understand. I didn´t quite understand the very end though???
i. merey
I read it twice from the middle to make more sense of it (if 'reading' is the right term, as there is almost no dialogue in this book).

I loved the free, loose style of drawing here and the color scheme. I could smell the pool and feel the suffocation of an unskilled swimmer. A boy with curvature of the spine must start swimming to strengthen his back. An ex local champion begins to give him some tips, then mouths something to him underwater one day. After the secret message, he never sees her a...more
Nellie Airoldi
Colori chiari e cristallini come l'acqua e quel profumo del cloro che inizialmente fa arricciare il naso ma che poi entra nei polmoni risvegliando ricordi e sensazioni.
Núria
A un chico que tiene dolor de espalda no le queda otra que ir a la piscina. Allí le llama la atención una chica. Primero se limita a observarla. Después intercambian unas pocas palabras y nadan juntos. Y no sucede nada más. A penas hay diálogos, pero la composición de las viñetas y la expresividad del dibujo son capaces de sugerir una historia riquísima y de una sensibilidad y una delicadeza exquisitas. Me ha recordado un poco a las historias de 'Rubia de verano' de Adrian Tomine (que leí hace p...more
Mika Lietzén
Ooo. Poika menee uimahalliin uimaan, kerran, toisen ja useammankin kerran, juuri muualla ei albumissa liikutakaan kuin klooratussa vedessä. Uiminen ei tosin taida kiinnostaa poikaa niin paljon kuin uimarityttö, joka on ja ei ole paikalla. Mitäänhän tässä ei varsinaisesti tapahdu. Kuvatkin toistuvat, useimmat sivut ovat turkoosinsävyisiä.

Täydet pisteet tietysti.

Tai brittikustantajalle kyllä miinus Comic Sansin käytöstä. Mutta ei sekään paljon haittaa, kun tässä ei ole juurikaan puhetta. Eikä tä...more
Lupuna
Auch verdammt gut. Werde den Kerl im Auge behalten.
Sharni Benson
So this book turned up on the circulation desk and i decided to give it a look over.
Obviously i read the english version.
It was a slow book and nothing seemed to happen so I was pleasantly surprised when there was story progression. Then the ending was a bit of a "dafuq did i just read?", I had to look at the ending a few times before I got the symbolism of the sequence and the conclusion chapter was very ambiguous. It is quite obvious that this person is an artist not a writer.
Tomo20
This is a pretty book with an almost Hockney-esque art style. The sense of place in the altered reality of a swimming pool is well evoked both visually and in the small character notes between the main characters. You can hear and smell the place and the awkwardness of the process for newcomer is spot on. My main gripes would be with the slightness of the story the openness of the ending. Both of these are valid approaches but can be, and are here, unsatisfying.
Keith
The problem with grabbing about ten indie and Euro graphic novels from the shelf one day in the library is that, statistically, half of them are required by the gods to be coming-of-age bittersweet romance stories starring an awkward white guy and the perfect but aloof girl that he struggles to ask out on a date.

That this particular book was sort of lovely, and deliberate in its refusal to satisfy, doesn't change this overall fact.
Júlio
Great comic. The story about a random daily love is real - we all have a lot of them, in each corner, I guess - but not the greatest thing, in my opinion. But the draws...they're just AWESOME! I really became a fan of Bastien Vivès :)
Sebastien Desnoyers
Un lieu inhabituel pour une Bd, un dessin qui nous plonge dans l'histoire .on se sent vraiment à la piscine .une histoire qui aurait pu arriver a n'importe qui, mais Vivès a réussis a m'accrocher quand même jusqu'à la fin.
Ann
It's a simple and sentimental adolescence story with slightly surreal atmosphere, beautifully colored green shades and outstanding vivid figure drawings. It's a comforting book like eating an ice cream in the summer.
Blair Conrad
Clean illustrations, and I thought some potential for an interesting story. Ultimately, the ambiguity did me in - I can think of two possible realities that match the story, and neither one particularly satisfies me.
Jan
Formidable. Te met dans un esprit Murakami, c'est a dire, une sorte de realisme magique. Stylisme exceptionelle qui ajoute a l'atmosphere et en meme temps ca augmente ton appercu des details.
Dina Rahajaharison
"-Tu t'es déjà posé cette question : pour quelles choses es-tu prête à mourir et que tu ne lâcheras jamais? -...- Dis moi.-je réfléchis."
Marc
Very pretty. And I'm not just talking about the art.
Pascal
tres beau dessin, histoire simple et epuree. Facile a lire, pour vivre des emotions simples et sans fin affichee
Muriel
Een pareltje. Heel intimistisch en mysterieus. Doet me denken aan de kortverhalen van Haruki Murakami.
Ffiamma
una storia pretestuosa e quasi inesistente, ma disegni magici - di una bellezza e una grazia commoventi.
Mike
Kort, maar wel leuk. Bevat zeer weinig tekst dus heel snel uit. Herkenbare zwembadsituaties uit de pubertijd.
Dolly
Elle lui dit quoi sous l'eau? J'en ressors avec la nette impression de n'avoir rien compris...
  • Arrugas
  • Les Quantités négligeables (Le combat ordinaire, #2)
  • Quartier lointain
  • Mother, Come Home
  • Chroniques de Jérusalem
  • Three Shadows
  • George Sprott, 1894-1975
  • Les quatre fleuves (Commissaire Adamsberg, #3)
  • J'aurais adoré être ethnologue
  • Paul à la campagne
  • Berlin, Vol. 2: City of Smoke
Ce jeune auteur s’est fait remarquer sous le label KSTR avec notamment le Goût de Chlore et dernièrement avec Amitiétroite. Il prépare chez Poisson Pilote (Dargaud) l'album Pour l’Empire cosigné avec Merwann. Le T.1 est annoncé pour mars 2010. Diplômé de l’école des Gobelins (section animation), après trois années de graphisme à l'ESAG Penninghen, Bastien Vivès réalise ses premiers pas dans un ate...more
More about Bastien Vivès...
Polina Dans mes yeux Amitié Étroite L'amour Le jeu vidéo