Going For It ('Fantasy' Football #2)

Going For It ('Fantasy' Football #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Jake and Hannah's story from the Kindle Best Seller Playing or Keeps

Pro football player Jake Miller’s game plan for winning back supermodel Hannah Hahn is play action in the bedroom. Once he sees beyond the swimsuits and lingerie, feelings of love blindside him, changing the rules of the game.

Hannah owns the runway, but that success came with a price and a secret that’s k...more
Published June 25th 2012 by Little Hondo Press

To ask other readers questions about Going For It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going For It

LaFleurBleue
The story line should have been good enough, the characters could have had something to make them likable. However the cooking/baking did not take at all. The characters never managed to get any flesh. Overall there was no showing, only telling which did not allow any emotions to reach me. And I felt constantly disturbed by the abrupt change in scenes, very few of which being developed to their end. I had to start over the novella 3 times to be able to go beyond page 15.
Last thing, given the cov...more
Nicole
So the story is short but I absolutely love the beautiful quote at the start of the book.

And my lips are numb with such unbridled passion
Your naked shoulders reflect the shining of the night as I
contemplate the dance of my fingers
through your hair.
We love as there is not tomorrow
We love as lovers
I want to kiss even the shadow of your silhouette
in the street projects
And I want you to feel for a moment that you
belong to me.
- Juan M. Frisanccio Muño

How amazing is that. Reading something so descript...more
Wendy S. Marcus
With great banter, great dialogue, and sexual chemistry/attraction that had me dipping in the ocean to cool off, this book had it all. I LOVED it!
Nina
Going For It by Liz Matis was an entertaining read & it did not disappoint! Jake, a pro football player, & Hannah, a Victoria's Secret model, once had a brief, yet hot fling that ended too soon. After seven months apart, they are reunited at their friends' wedding. From there, the flames gets rekindled & these two spend more time together in & out of the bedroom. However, Hannah has a past that doesn't let her trust or love easily. And Jake is determined to break down her walls a...more
Kristy
Let first of by saying this more I feel of a novella rather than a book. The story is short and picks up where "Playing for Keeps" ended. However, even though this is a short book it was too the point without being overly drawn out.

The story of Hannah and Ryan also like the previous book felt relate-able other than the professions. The insecurities not wanting your heart to fall for someone who can break it. Especially since both of these characters have a very rough past. through this book we...more
Nanee Mcgee
Love football so a book with a sexy as hell football player is a win win. I enjoyed the book it just wasn't a wow book for me. I enjoyed the characters Jake the football player trying to win back super model Hannah. After their "one night" together Jake wanted more so when they meet again at a wedding he wants to start again, nothing is that easy though. . I thought this book was on the shorter side I did not read in this Playing for Keeps in this series but felt a little let down with this one,...more
Tracy
Good story with big sexy football players, who could ask for more. I wish the story could have been longer but I truly enjoyed it!
Moran
I really enjoyed reaidng Going For It but I wish it wasn't such a short story,
Kayla
Cute short story. Now mush go find the rest of the series!
Kat Levato

The story of Jake and Hannah, overall, was very sweet. Jake, the professional football player, had a one week relationship with Hannah, the Victoria's Secret model a while back. Because of lack of communication and understanding it didn't work out.

Sometime in the future, Jake and Hannah's best friends get married. Sometime on the wedding day, the Chemistry they'd been fighting came roaring back, landing them in bed together. This is where the story starts.

On paper, Jake and Hannah seem to be...more
Karen Cino
If you love sports, you will love this story. It picks up where Jake and Hannah left off in book 1. The story was sweet and I couldn't put it down. I would recommend this novella to sports fans.
Rose Mayer
I only wish it was longer
Danielle Calabrese
Not as good as Playing for Keeps, but it is still worth the read. I wished it was a little more developed, but at .99 I felt it was worth it!
Kay Naughty Book Snitch
Very cute and steamy read. I enjoyed it a great deal. Will read more by this author.
Josephine
It was a well thought out quick read!!!!! Hannah and Jake were great together...
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Eniehaushotmail.com
Eniehaushotmail.com marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Motahareh Zandieh
Motahareh Zandieh marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Arlene Beckett
Arlene Beckett marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Blue Lily
Blue Lily marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kerry
Kerry added it
Aug 18, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Amanda Deniger
Amanda Deniger marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Body Issues 1 5 Jul 23, 2012 04:38PM
  • Going Deep (Mustangs Baseball, #2)
  • Starchild: The City of Souls (Starchild, #2)
  • Texas Redeemed (Night Sky, #1)
  • The Iron Locket (Risen King, #1)
  • Fourth and Goal (Seattle Lumberjacks, #1)
  • Ghostly Guardian (The Demon Isle Witches, #1)
  • Bayward Heart (Cascade Brides, #2)
  • The Glister Journals: Bronze
  • Kiss Me, I'm Yours (Tennessee Waltz, #2)
  • Eramane (Eramane Trilogy, #1)
  • The Shadow of Atlantis (Shadows from the Past, #1)
  • Fallen
  • Jack Templar and the Lord of the Vampires (Book 3)
  • The Shadow of Mudflap (Foxtrot Team, #1)
  • A Bargained-For Bride
  • A Wicked Kind of Dark (The Minaea Chronicles)
  • Return To Cardamom
  • Polar Night
Liz hit the Amazon Best Seller List with Playing For Keeps. She is a mild manner accountant by day and romance writer by night. I love happy ever afters!
More about Liz Matis...
Playing For Keeps ('Fantasy' Football #1) Love By Design Huddle Up ('Fantasy' Football #3) Real Men Don't Drink Appletinis (Real Men, #1) Sugar and Sin: The Sexy Seven Bundle