Start by marking “Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)” as Want to Read:
Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)

Saint Odd (Odd Thomas #7)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  4,239 ratings  ·  781 reviews
The future is haunting Odd Thomas.

The carnival has returned to Pico Mundo, the same one that came to town when Odd was just sixteen. Odd is drawn to an arcade tent where he discovers Gypsy Mummy, the fortune-telling machine that told him that he and Stormy Llewellyn were destined to be together forever.

But Stormy is dead and Pico Mundo is under threat once more. History se
Published December 9th 2014 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Saint Odd, please sign up.

Steven Cross I really liked it. To me, it provided a very satisfying conclusion to the entire series, it was a fast read, about a day or two.
Jacob Springer No, because it's obvious by now that death isn't the end of anything but only the beginning of the real adventure.
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
150th out of 2,595 books — 15,768 voters
Dead Heat by Patricia BriggsMagic Shifts by Ilona AndrewsFire Touched by Patricia BriggsThe Shadows by J.R. WardBurned by Karen Marie Moning
"Can't Wait for the Next One" Series Books for 2015
33rd out of 142 books — 118 voters

More lists with this book...

Franklin
I was bummed when the publishing date moved and anxiously awaited the arrival of "Saint Odd" only to find it to be a huge let down. If you have followed the series, the big reveal that awaited you was 'Will they be together forever?" To be honest by the end of this meandering book, I no longer cared. And trying not to spoil it, the ending seemed hurriedly tacked on. I waited through 8 books to get to an ending that left me empty and just a wee bit angry. All the paranormal aspects of the series ...more
Phrynne
So, so sad that this is the last in the series. I have loved Odd since the first page of the first book and really regret having to let him go. This probably is not the best book in the series but I gave it four stars for readability (I finished it in one day) and for closure. Odd Thomas has left the building and is in his happy place. The ending turned out to be a little rushed but that's okay as I read it twice anyway. Good bye Odd and thanks for such a fun ride:)
Branwen *Blaidd Drwg*
So very much about our strange and deeply layered world remained mysterious to me, but my experiences had taught me, among other things, that there were no coincidences.

I've been a fan of this series and these characters for almost ten years, so it is with a strong mixture of sadness and joy that I bid them all farewell.

It's going to take me a while to construct a proper review of this book. I'm too emotional over it right now, which is of course a good thing and a bad thing. :)
Stephanie
A fitting end to a favorite series. I will miss Oddie, he was wonderful.

I can't say too much about this, I don't want give anything away. But if you've been reading these, you know where it's been headed, back to Pico Mundo, back to the scene of the original crime that started this whole ball rolling.

Odd rolls back into town and stops at the Green Moon Mall which is now abandoned after the horrific killing spree that took Odd's one and only love, Stormy Llewelyn. He is wandering through looking
Paola di Freire
I cannot believe this one was so bad, I would never have expected that.

I love any other Odd book, also both Moonlight Bay.

All of them have a quest involved in magical Mystery and developing secrets.
Saint Odd: Nothing. No Magic at all.
At 50%, nothing had happened.

You know that secret you want to know about that special character: I'm a (insert any magical name here). No more than that.

Every other Odd book, had a continuous narrative, but a surprise plot that was greatly all over the place: Aliens
Athena Macmillan
After waiting so long to finally get my hands on the finale to this series, I ended up being surprisingly underwhelmed. It was very promising most of the way through, but seemed to wind down some time before getting to what should have been the climax of the series. It was a satisfying conclusion, but not one that lived up to the direction the previous books had taken. It could probably almost be read as a stand alone book, as Koontz describes all the important things that had happened up til th ...more
Obsidian
I don't know why I am surprised. Dean Koontz has done this to me so many times I should not be shocked that I ended up disliking this book and gave it a 1.5 stars. Now I am wishing that I had left things alone after reading, You Are Destined to be Together Forever.

The evolution of Odd. We don't have Odd running around using "Odd speak" that much. He only lapses into it a time or two, for the most part we have him acting like an actual grown up that has aged internally and externally due to the
Jenna
A beautiful ending to a wonderful and thrilling set of books! I won't give out any spoilers- this is better than I had expected!
Chris Lawson
“You are Destined to be Together Forever,” --the Gypsy Mummy prophecy

In SAINT ODD, our hero again returns to his hometown, Pico Mundo. Unfortunately for that town, however, the satanic cult, overcome so recently, has also returned in force. This time, the satanists are ready to wreak havoc on the town's inhabitants in an even more violent way.

Like the other books in the series, SAINT ODD involves evil forces versus good. In SAINT ODD, our hero makes a return to the carnival setup at Pico Mundo,
Cherie
Without giving anything away, I'll just say I had hoped for more.
Chris
I gave 5 stars more for the series than this book, but I did like it as well.

By this time we have traveled a long way with Odd and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Consistently good and sometimes great, this series has taken this completely engaging character through 7 novels and 3 novellas. Funny, tense, and even scary at times, Odd Thomas is a thoroughly original character with a never ending wit and wisdom and one of my all time favorites.

Don't want to say much about plot because this is the l
Grumpus
No review, no commentary, just a heartfelt thank you to Dean Koontz.

I believe this was my all-time favorite series. I'm sad that this was the last book but enjoyed how it all wrapped up. David Aaron Baker's narration throughout the series was outstanding and as listeners we are fortunate that he was able to read the entire series. Good job Dean Koontz and David Aaron Baker.
Edward (The Book Pusher) Lorn
Half a fucking star, because I can't give it zero.

I cannot begin to express how disappointed I am. I went in with basement-low expectations and Koontz still managed to stoop below that. I didn't even get the weepy send off I was looking for. I could have ignored the rehashing of ideas, the typical Koontz thriller-filler bullshit, and the morphing of Odd Thomas into goddamn 007, but I cannot forgive a ruse.

This isn't the last Odd Thomas book. The ending is left wide open. Because of that, Odd's
Tucker Elliot
I had the same reaction to SAINT ODD as I did the last three books in the series – readers who’ve been along for the entire ride and are already Odd Thomas fans will enjoy it, but new readers might be left wondering what the fuss was about.

No spoilers here – but as someone who has read the books in order, from the beginning, I thought Dean Koontz did an admirable job creating a final chapter to Odd’s saga. Koontz is often philosophical with his prose – not just with Odd Thomas, but in most all o
Deena Scintilla
I ended up buying my own copy so I wouldn't have to wait months to get it from our local library that can't seem to buy enough copies of anything to serve the larger county. I would have given a higher rating but some of the chase scenes seems to be much too long. The ending...well, let's just say even tho expected, a still shed a few tears. I waited so long to start this very good series and hate that I have no more Odd Thomas to look forward to...or do I? ;-)
Gail Strickland
I doubt I'm telling tales out of school if I mention that things don't end well for Odd. Koontz tells us several times that this is the final book in the Odd series but I wonder. Never say never, Mr. Koontz but unless you can come up with a better story line, don't bother...please.
Michelle Schingler
(I still haven't forgiven Koontz for "Innocence", and I deeply dislike the cold attitude his recent work has taken toward the bulk of humanity. That said:)

Those who've appreciated the "Odd" series should enjoy this, its supposed conclusion. At the very least, Odd is able to find some peace. A definite turn back to the suspense and mystique which characterized most of the series, if not the second-to-last book (which I found unbearable); the insidious plan hatched by the satanist villains wasn't
Kimberley
If you've read the first 6 books you can kind of see the end coming, but it still felt rather abrupt. The reader doesn't get much closure or really any answers as to why any of this was happening. The motive for the evildoers seemed rather weak. There is not much characterization of the bad guys, but from what little the reader does get to see/hear of them, they seem like cardboard cutouts, speaking and acting like caricatures of a stereotypically IQ-challenged country yokel who has somehow mana ...more
Jessica Weinreich
To quote a previous reviewer: "meh". I REALLY wanted to like this and given my hated of "Odd Hours," with the subsequent volumes not being much better, that was probably my mistake. The story lacks focus, takes too long, and the main conflict ends hurriedly. It reminded me of how Stephen King finished "The Stand" - like he got tired of writing. Truly it feels like Koontz had run out of ideas for Odd, adding volumes for pressure from fans or money or whatever. He has never met the quality of the ...more
John
I write this review with equal parts happiness and sadness.Happiness for the fact that i know Odd Thomas complete story now.Sadness because for me the journey is over.I would be doing a incredible injustice to fellow readers to give away any of the plot of this final volume but for those of you who have arrived at the end of this magnificent ride i leave you with this i now know the true meaning of FULLY SMOOTH AND TOTALLY BLUE.

Thank you Mr. Koontz for creating two characters Odd and Stormy who
Matt
Hmmm...for the most part a good story, but i have to say i'm a bit let down with how the whole "Odd Thomas" saga came to an end. I expected the outcome, but the way it was accomplished was a little lacking.

I rated it 4 stars, but the real rating would be 3 and a half stars.
Cora
Better than the last couple of Odd Thomas books. it's starts fine, slows a bit in the.middle but has a satisfying ending to those loyal to the series. A sentimental 4 stars.
Kathy Davie
Seventh and last in the Odd Thomas horror lite series and revolving around an "ordinary" young man with a conscience who can see ghosts.

My Take
I've been impressed with how Koontz makes me see Odd as an upright, idealistic young man, and his odd (unusual) way of looking at the world.

This particular story is well-written and unsatisfying. It ends pretty much the way you expect — and as the title leads you to believe. But I hate being left hanging about who Annamaria was. Yes, she does give Odd an
Stan Tehee
I am not sure that I liked the ending, I've re-read it a few times just to really understand. I think I was hoping for something else to happen, maybe I was hoping that this ride wasn't over. I understand that Dean was done with the character....but I just wasn't! I was disappointed in the lack of activity in the beginning, all in all the worst in the Odd series...but a bad Odd is better then no Odd at all!
Dany
I gave it 3 stars because I love Odd Thomas and I loved books 1 through 5. I did enjoy Saint Odd more than Deeply Odd but I was underwhelmed by the revelations to all the mysteries. The ending didn't work for me. OF COURSE THAT ENDING WOULDN'T WORK FOR ME! But I am thankful for the MAGNIFICENT reading experience Dean Koontz gave me in Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, Brother Odd, Odd Hours and Odd Apocalypse. Those novels will stay with me forever and will always be remembered as some of the best readin ...more
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Not the best and not the worst book in the series. I thought the story was fine, the conclusion was fine, but I felt the story lacked a lot of the meaningful depth that many Koontz stories contain. I feel that as with the case of the Frankenstein series, perhaps the Odd Thomas story was drawn out further that it should have been. I feel that within 8 volumes, we shouldn't be left with so many unanswered questions and the answers given shouldn't be quite so cryptic. Annamarie is an interesting ch ...more
Shannon
I need an Odd Thomas support group...is there one available??? I can't even handle this right now, I will have to regroup and come back to write my full review, but suffice it to say this was a fitting end to what was an incredible series...Odd Thomas is probably my favorite fictional character ever.

That I had come full circle shouldn't have surprised me, for we are born into time only to be born out of it, after living through the cycles of the seasons, under stars that turn because the world t
Geoffrey
I think Dean Koontz should of stopped making these books after the second or third book. While the last book, 'Deeply Odd', was an improvement over the previous three. It still was underwhelming and i'm afraid to say this book was worse. The book had its moments where it teased of being good, but gaps in the story that i found myself skimming through combined with a weak ending just left me disappointed.
Julie Powell
I tried to read it slowly, knowing it was the last in the series, but, as usual, the superb writing, and the need to know what happens next, pulled me from page to page faster than an out of control train!

Odd Thomas is my favourite character created by my favourite writer and I shall miss his unusual 'adventures' and fabulous voice - if only the world could be made up of such as he.

I don't give spoilers, however, this story was amazing and astonishing and I loved it.

Highly recommended.
Stacy
What can I say that won't be a spoiler? As with all the Odd Thomas books before it, I loved it. This series is right up there on my list of awesome book series. Odd is such a likable and lovable character....kind of like a brother or really good friend. He's such a down-to-earth type of kid, which is amazing considering his ability. I just want to hug him. :)

He's dealing with that crazy ass cult again and they are planning a bad, bad thing for Pico Mundo. Of course, Odd finds himself in situati
Koontzland - Dean...: Saint Odd - Seventh & Final Odd Thomas Novel (Group Read - January 2015) 176 528 Mar 23, 2015 06:08PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Saint Odd by Dean Koontz 1 18 Feb 20, 2015 02:22PM
Lake Wales Public...: January 2015 New Titles 1 5 Jan 07, 2015 08:58AM
Predictions (spoilers) 1 49 May 14, 2014 09:31AM
  • Nevermore
  • The Book of Apex (Book of Apex, #4)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Ring of Fire (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #9 Buffy Season 2)
  • Hellblazer, Vol. 5: Dangerous Habits (Hellblazer New Edition, #5)
  • Nightmare Journey
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 16: Slayer, Interrupted (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #6 Buffy Season 1)
  • Voices from Beyond (Ghost Finders, #5)
  • Dead Ice (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #24)
  • Codex Born (Magic Ex Libris, #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Uninvited Guests (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #12 Buffy Season 3)
  • Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith - Spiral
  • The Journeyman (The Commons, #1)
  • Johnny Alucard (Anno Dracula, #4)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Origin (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #4 Buffy Season 1)
  • Hellblazer, Vol. 4: The Family Man (Hellblazer New Edition, #4)
  • Eureka: Substitution Method (Eureka, #1)
  • Saucer (Saucer, #1)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the na
More about Dean Koontz...

Odd Thomas (7 books)
  • Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1)
  • Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2)
  • Brother Odd (Odd Thomas, #3)
  • Odd Hours (Odd Thomas, #4)
  • Odd Apocalypse (Odd Thomas, #5)
  • Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas, #6)
Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) Watchers Intensity Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2) Phantoms

“Sometimes, when I'm feeling sorry for myself, it seems that I'm made to carry an impossibly heavy weight, the crushing weight of losing her. I have moments of bitterness and doubt. You know? But the weight is a blessing, really, and I shouldn't be bitter about it. The weight is on my heart because I knew her and loved her. The weight is the accumulation of all we had together, all the hopes and worries, all the laughs, the picnics at St. Bart's bell tower, the adventures we shared because of my gift... If they had taken her away on their yacht, if I had never met her, there would be no weight to carry—and no memories to sustain me.” 4 likes
“They say that necessity is the mother of invention, but it is also the grandmother of desperation.” 4 likes