Start by marking “The Werewolf Legend (The Werewolf Awakening, # 1)” as Want to Read:
The Werewolf Legend (The Werewolf Awakening, # 1)

The Werewolf Legend (The Werewolf Awakening, # 1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Werewolf Awakening is a werewolf action horror thriller set in modern times.

Mankind has known about the existence of werewolves for the past 500 years.

It started with the werewolves being feared, then revered. This reverence soon evolved into discrimination and finally, mankind starts hunting them down.

The story begins in Chapter 1 with Jarod Hess, an overly curious yo
Published June 17th 2012 (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Werewolf Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Werewolf Legend

Jo Bryant
The Werewolf Legend (The Werewolf Awakening, Chapter 1) by Josh Atkins
Article first published as Book Review: The Werewolf Legend by Josh Atkins on Blogcritics.

The Werewolf Legend

I was prepared to dislike this from the moment it arrived. However, I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed reading Chapter One from this series.

Jarod Hess is a policeman’s son and headed for the Police Force. He considers his life boring, and the future doesn’t look like it will be any better. One night that al
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Werewolves everyone knows they are not real right? Well what happens when your faced with one and you think your going crazy? One minute your talking and joking with your father and the next your being shot at by the government. Well this is what happens to Jarod Hess.

I really enjoyed this short story and I can't wait to read more from Josh. The story starts out with action and ends with action. Josh sees a werewolf and meets a girl and he is in danger and she helps him out as he helps her out.
Sapphyria
This is an interesting take on modern day werewolves. Jarod is clearly an unmotivated individual who feels his life is just ho-hum. He's on his way to being on the Police Force but isn't sure that's the direction he really wants to go. Wishing for a little excitement in his life, he gets a bit more than he bargained for. After being told by his father, a Police officer, to get off the streets and back home, Jarod finds himself the unlikely candidate of an ambush...until he realizes that he's bei ...more
Nicki Markus
I was approached by the author to read and review this book. At first, I thought I'd have to refuse as I have a huge TBR pile at present. But then I saw it was only short-story length, so I decided to give it a try.

I closed the final page with very mixed feelings, hence the three-star rating. On the plus side, the plot is interesting and new, and I liked the idea of a werewolf-human war being played out behind the scenes.

My problem was that I really didn't like the protagonist. I just found him
Carmelita Mikelson
Carmelita Mikelson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Cailin Bernzott
Cailin Bernzott marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Lilly Cannon
Lilly Cannon marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Aleixs
Aleixs added it
Jan 03, 2013
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2012
KyleeJ
KyleeJ marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
The First Zombies Dead Awakening Bitten By A Zombie (Dead Awakening, Chapter 2) Dead Awakening (Chapter 2 - Bitten By A Zombie)