Start by marking “Test Shot (Hot Shots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Test Shot (Hot Shots, #1)

Test Shot (Hot Shots #1)

Book 1 in the Hot Shots talent agency series

He’s the man her fiancé handpicked for her…she just never expected to fall in love.

Layla Palmer is starting over in New York City with a new job at Hot Shots, an agency that specializes in hiring talent for jobs with an erotic bent. Happily engaged, she writes off the changes in her relationship with her fiancé, Aidan, as gro
Published March 5th 2015 (first published August 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Test Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Test Shot

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.5 Stars

Man oh man, oh man! I love when I “discover” a new author who immediately engages me and makes me want to neglect everything in my house so I can finish her book from cover to cover. Cari Quinn has done that with her first book in the Hot Shots series, Test Shot. Besides an amazing cast of characters she has managed to write a brilliant story with a plot line quite unlike anything I’ve read before.

Layla Palmer and Aidan McMurray have been togethe
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
2.5 Stars

Layla has moved to New York with her fiancee Aidan, and has a new job in Hot Shots an agency that specialises in hiring models for work erotic work. But Layla is starting to have doubts about her move to New York, Aidan has become more distant and barely touches her, and when he sees her attraction to Sawyer Blake, one of the models she is trying to sign up to Hot Shots, he proposes something she never expected.

There is a lesson to be learnt from this book...if after a few years your fi
Tash
Sep 17, 2014 Tash rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

To see review at Confessions

Test shot is the ironic name of the first book of Cari Quinn’s hot new series Hot Shots involving a modelling agency that caters to the more erotic side.

Layla moved five months ago to New York City with her fiancé Aidan and their relationship has gone stale. They haven’t had sex together in over a month if you don’t count a blowjob and hand-job and she not happy. He’s more interested in sex toys judging by the amount he’s bought
Ni_kii
Reviewed at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot....

Ever since they moved to a different city, the relationship between Aidan and Layla has changed. Together for four years, they used to have be both friends and lovers but now they barely touch. Now most of Layla’s orgasms are courtesy of the sex toys he frequently buys her, furtive bringing herself pleasure whilst he sleeps next to her.

When Aidan discovers her masturbating to a picture of the latest model she wants to sign for the erotic modell
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

A doctor and a hot male doctor, what's not to love in this threesome? Just one problem, there is no threesome. If the story blurb alluded to a ménage, forget it. There is no ménage here, unless the goal is for some cuckold voyeurism instigated by the hot doctor.

Layla is an agent for the company Hot Shots. She finds attractive male and female models for her company who represent the more risqué businesses in need of models. She's happily engaged to her fiancé, Aidan. Their move from Nebraska to
Christi Snow
Oct 10, 2012 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing
My Review:

I'll admit it...this book surprised me. I went into it expecting a somewhat traditional menage story (that just doesn't sound right does it? LOL....) but honestly that is not what this book was. This book is a highly emotionally charged book about three people who's world is changing, although not a single one of them really want that change.

All three of these characters are from Nebraska. They all moved to NYC within the last few months. Aidan and Layla have been dating and living to
MaggieReadsRom
Wow! I need to gather my thoughts a bit before I can mini-review this one! A 2013 favorite for sure though!

My review:
Fave scenes:
- brownie in the park scene
- Sawyer and Drew at the stripclub

This book messed with my head big time! It was brilliantly and mind-blowingly good! It was emotionally complicated and mesmerizing and I've never been as on the fence about a character as I was with Aidan throughout the entire book.

If there ever was a least cookie-cutter erotic romance ménage I've read, it's
Taryn Elliott
Sep 21, 2012 Taryn Elliott rated it it was amazing
Layla. Aidan. Sawyer.

Such important parts of a wrenching story that you'll never see coming. Just when you think it's a simple menage story--you know, the first thirty pages make you think so. But oh boy is that ever wrong.

Mz. Quinn knows just how to wrench open a Pandora's box of problems for these three characters.

Aidan is a dominant character with secrets he's even keeping from himself.

Sawyer is an uncomplicated man that has finally found the woman that fits him perfectly and she's as unattai
tyrianpurple
Dec 17, 2014 tyrianpurple rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, mm-menage
5 mature love stars!

lemme tell u that the blurbs doesnt describe the real mainpoint in this plot. there are that and so much more. bear the mindfogging plot at the first 50% of the book.

tough maybe i should focus on the heroine feeling , i found myself bitter and sad alongside Aidan. talk about surprise, well i suspected quarter trough book but still held my breath when the realization hit Layla.

looking forward to Conrad and Aidan story. ;)
Stealthilicious Stacie
The female MC was TSTL and I just wanted to strangle all of them. How did she not see the big announcement coming? Eesh. I love this author but this is not one of the stronger books I've read.
Maria
Sep 25, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a blog tour in exchange for my fair and honest review. You can read the entire post at my blog:http://queenofthenightreviews.blogspo...

Cari Quinn has done it again! Test Shot, the first book in her Hot Shots series, grabbed me from the first page and never let go. With wonderfully developed characters, sharp dialogue, a couple of dark secrets and plenty of scorching hot sex, Test Shot is an emotional roller coaster ride. The romance, betw
Kathleen
Jan 18, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Relationships change when you invite another person into your bedroom ...

Layla Palmer, Aidan McMurray and Sawyer Blake have left their home in Nebraska for the city that never sleeps, New York City.

Layla and Aidan have been in a relationship for four years and are engaged to be married. Aidan is a medical doctor, who accepted a position teaching medical students. Layla is a talent agent, who accepted a position at Hot Shots, an agency specializing in hiring models for clients in the erotica bus
Heather in FL
Cari Quinn, you made me cry! (Again.)

Which from an author's perspective, is probably a good thing, because it means I cared enough about the characters for them to affect me so deeply as to cry for them. And yup, that happened.

So we have Layla and Aidan, who have been together for four years and recently moved to New York from Nebraska. It had been a sort of spur-of-the-moment proposition from Aidan, but Layla would follow Aidan anywhere. Unfortunately, it feels to Layla like he's pulling away
Samantha Woods
Feb 07, 2014 Samantha Woods rated it really liked it
Layla's fiancé wanted to move so she packed up and went with him. She enjoys her new job at Hot Shots. They specialize in hiring talent for jobs of an erotic nature. Layla doesn't know what to think of her fiancé Aiden's behavior. He does not want to do anything of a sexual nature with her. So she has to satisfy herself with all of the toys he is always buying her. Then when she gets really turned on by the picture of a potential new employee her fiancé notices and tells her that he wants to ...more
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
Shari
Apr 09, 2016 Shari rated it it was amazing
Heather
Jul 19, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
This was not at all what I was expecting yet I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book.

Aiden and Layla have been together for four years now and are engaged to be married. Their sex life has hit a rough patch and has practically become non existent. When Aiden finds Layla pleasuring herself to a picture of a new model she is thinking about signing at her agency, she presents her with what he considers the perfect way to spice up their sex life. He proposes that she contact Sawye
Monica
Apr 08, 2016 Monica rated it it was amazing
This book was a crazy whirlwind read. You are left in the dark as to where things are going and information is doled out over the course of the read so each reader will begin to put the picture together at his/her own pace as secrets are revealed. I don't want to give anything away but suffice it to say you'll be wondering what the heck is going on with these characters and how and where they will end up.

Layla and Aiden have been together for four years, are engaged to be married and very much i
Phuong
Sep 15, 2012 Phuong rated it it was amazing
Cari Quinn writes a sizzling story of what happens when an engaged couple brings in a "third" into their falteing relationship and changes everything. Layla and Aidan have been engaged for awhile now but now it appears they are not meeting each other needs sexually. Layla has been fantasizing about Blake, a potential model for the agency she works for and Aidan catches her. Aidan suggests they invite him in for a threesome to enhance their sex life but does he have an ulterior motive? Blake has ...more
Beth
Apr 05, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Painful to read

This is a fantastic story about three person whose interactions destroy a failing relationship but make way for two different ones. Layla is engaged to Aiden the surgeon and works for a talent agency and meets Sawyer. Aiden has stopped having sex with her and encouraged her to invite Sawyer into her bed.
What was painful was knowledge that while he loved her he was gay and has been running from those urges. It was painful to see his conflict, her cluelessness and Sawyer's understan
Tasha
Apr 22, 2014 Tasha rated it it was amazing
He has a BIG secret but the problem is he is not sure what will happen if he tells his fiance so he comes up with a plan to invite another man, a man that his fiance finds attractive, in to their "Love Life" problem is he (the fiance of the woman) is not in the sexual acts he is just watching. In this story there are so many twist and turns that you don't know which way the story will go.... will she stay with her fiance once she learns his secret? Will she keep both the men in her lives? Will ...more
Charlene  Blevins
Not my favorite Cari Quinn book

I've read several books by Cari Quinn that I've really enjoyed, but this is not one of them. The writing was fine, but I don't buy the premise that after such a fundamental deception, however well eant, that the heroine would remain friends with her former fiance. I was also disappointed that this was presented as book one of a series that apparently never materialized. The second book was previewed at the end of this one, but seems to have never been published. I'
Tawnya Ward
Apr 17, 2016 Tawnya Ward rated it it was ok
The H is a clueless horny female. Her fiance keeps buying her toys, but not giving her himself. The he pushes for her to have the possible new client at her work, become her new sex toy. She doesn't see that anything is wrong but she feels like nothing is right. When the sex with the new man, becomes more than what it was supposed to be, she questions things. The big surprise is her soon to be husband is...Gay and is hiding it.

A book that bored me from the beginning.
Kim
Mar 13, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
To avoid spoilers I'm going to be brief. If you're looking for a 5 alarm, panty-melting, emotionally charged, erotic read that sucks you in from word one, look no further. This has everything required and far more than expected. It pulled me through every emotion along the spectrum and spit me out at the end, still reeling. I loved it and wait anxiously for the next books in the series. To save time and trouble, I'll just check my panties at the door.
Susan
Jan 17, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Cari pens "Test Shot" in a plot that screams steamy hot sex! With emotions galore throughout the book and her well developed characters, I couldn't put the book down until I was finished. This was a rare find...an erotic book that actually kept my interest in what was happening in the storyline and not just what was "happening". This book is a total must read!

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Jos
Apr 06, 2016 Jos rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars, Just Good for Me

OK, so I was intrigued by this story and so I set out to rad it last night. Did I like it, yes, did I love it, no.

I guessed early on about the hubby and although I loved the ending of it all, the middle was just ok/good, nothing spectacular that really made me gush about it.

The sex scenes were pretty hot at times, although I think I expected "more", too, lol or retracer was hoping for more:)
Samantha Stinnett
I lost interest pretty fast in this book moved too fast and a little predictable for me. I like a book that builds up and holds me engaged and this one just didn't do it for me. This was the first book I read by this author and I would hate to make a decision based on this book on whether I would read another book by her. I would have to read one more to make that determination. If your looking for a fast read then bu all means this book is for you.
Limecello
Mar 10, 2013 Limecello rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I liked this book well enough, but felt it was weird with the fiance - and too obvious from the start that he's actually gay.
(I don't even consider that a spoiler because it was so blatant from the start.)
It was almost creepy and uncomfortable at times, and I wish the romance had been developed better, but it was nice that everyone was so... for lack of a better word, amiable.
T.
May 15, 2013 T. rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta-prize
Fairly good character development in this one, but the ending was anti-climatic after getting the reader invested in the story. Well written, great characters, but the ending just seemed unfinished, maybe in anticipation of a sequel? But it ended on a flat note for me, I like the writing style and the protagonists were fun. I won this book in a giveaway
Amanda Griffith
Apr 18, 2016 Amanda Griffith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

This is an amazing book! An unlikely pair fall in love through a forced encounter. Being engaged to someone but finding out they aren't who they've portrayed themselves.
  • Sunset Heat (Bandicoot Cove: The Wedding, #2)
  • Island Idyll (Bandicoot Cove, #4)
  • Erica's Choice
  • Paradise Found (Bandicoot Cove, #2)
  • Sodom and the Phoenix (Virtual Seduction, #2)
  • Reawakening (Forever Dead, #1)
  • Girl Most Likely To
  • Misplaced Hands (Foreign Affairs, #4)
  • How to Love (San Amaro Singles, #2)
  • Chains and Canes (Club Devant, #2)
  • 31 Flavors
  • Red Lust (Le Petit Mort #2)
  • Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)
  • Truth or Dare (Party Games, #2)
  • Perfect Chemistry (Kinky Chronicles #1)
  • Everything You've Got (Anything and Everything, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Cari Quinn wrote her first story—a bible parable—in 2nd grade, much to the delight of the nuns at her Catholic school. Once she saw the warm reception that first tale garnered, she was hooked. Now she gets to pen sexy romances for a living and routinely counts her lucky stars. When she’s not scribbling furiously, she can usually be found watching men’s college ...more
More about Cari Quinn...