Start by marking “The Rake's Redemption (The Everard Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rake's Redemption (The Everard Legacy, #3)

The Rake's Redemption (Everard Legacy #3)

Even infamous duelist and poet Vaughn Everard has qualms about dragging an innocent lady into his quest for revenge. But Imogene Devary is the daughter of the man suspected of murdering Vaughn's uncle. Surely that makes her fair game in order to uncover the truth!

Can the man who writes such moving verse be beyond redemption? Imogene can't believe so. In taming Vaughn's hea
Published November 2012 by Love Inspired Historical

To ask other readers questions about The Rake's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rake's Redemption

QNPoohBear
Lady Imogene Devary wonders who the handsome stranger is who continues to call on her father, the Marquess of Widmere, and is constantly turned away. Who is he? Why won't her father see him? A fateful meeting at a ball introduces Lady Imogene to Vaughn Everard. Vaughn is intrigued by the bold young lady who skillfully ensures that every girl has a partner. He is surprised to discover that she is the daughter of his sworn enemy and thinks he can use her to get information about his uncle's last d ...more
Janis Kay
Oct 29, 2012 Janis Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
Really 4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed these characters. Vaughn and Imogene were amazing: she's independent and you know it from the 1st chapter, he's 'been around' and never thought his life would amount to much and they both are in serious need of TLC:)

I LOVE Imogene's character! She knows what she wants, and works the ropes to get it xD She's also not afraid to stand her ground when the time arises. Her only outstanding fault is her blind faith in people's goodness. She's a great match to Vaughn,
Alice
Apr 10, 2014 Alice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency
This book. Aaaaah!!!!! I loved it! I so enjoyed finally discovering the answers to all my questions from the previous two, and seeing how they all tie together so well. Vaughn was a wonderful and imperfect hero who knows so and must learn to surrender to Christ and not care for the opinion of others. Imogene was a lovely and spunky heroine with a commendable loyalty to family and a sparkling & friendly personality; she'll need strength as she discovers truths that will change her world.
Katie
Dec 02, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it
This was a satisfying read. Action-packed and suspenseful. I enjoyed the main characters quite a lot, and it was nice to have the stories continued of the other family members who were highlighted in the previous books. Some highly anticipated resolution finally. Looking forward to the fourth installment.
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Jan 14, 2013 Kathy * Bookworm Nation rated it really liked it
I ended up liking this one more than I thought I would. I didn’t really like Vaughn that much in the first two books, but he grew on my in this one. I also liked Imogene, she was good for him. I liked that she didn’t back down and she also didn’t get all flustered with his flirting. She could hold her own. I thought they had good chemistry together and worked well together.

As for the mystery, I have mixed feelings about it. It’s kind of been an ongoing story from the first book and we finally g
Wendy Sparkes
“Where was he?”

Lady Imogene Devary is puzzled by the stranger who has appeared at their door the past 3 days wanting to speak with her father. Even more curious is her father’s point blank refusal to see the man. As her father won’t talk about it, Imogene figures the best way to find out is to meet the man herself & find out from him what it is he wants. Here at the Mayweathers’ ball, is a chance for her to find out.

Vaughn Everard is reluctant to involve Lady Imogene in his quest to get answ
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received a temporary electronic copy of this novel from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks for letting me review this novel.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I will be honest. I really didn't expect to like this one all that much. I thought it would be cute but forgettable. I was dead wrong.

This book was hilariously funny and brilliantly written. I found myself laughing hysterically the entire time I read this novel.
Judy
Oct 20, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
The Rake’s Redemption by Regina Scott
The Everard Legacy Series Book 3
London 1805
Lady Imogene Devary should be enjoying her Season rather than wondering why her father is acting strangely and what the handsome young poet has to do with it. What else can she do but to get to know the young man and find out why he’s getting her father’s cold shoulder….since her father don’t seem to be around much these days.

Vaughn Everard must find a way to talk to the the Marquess of Widmore. His loyalty to family
Fiona Marsden
Dec 26, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. This is a rather nice regency romance from the Love Inspired Historical stable. The hero Vaughn Everard is a charming, rather rakish poet with a tendency to the wild side and a history of duelling. Imogene is the daughter of the last Marquis of Widmore. The death of her brother when she was young brought her to a deeper spiritual understanding of God's place in her life.

The story evolved around the mysterious activities of Imogene's father and the dark suspicions held by Vaughn of t
Alex
I really, really wanted to like this book. I received it as part of the First Reads program, and was excited about reading what would be my first Harlequin historical, as well as my first Love Inspired. While I'm not usually one for Christian novels, the plot seemed fun and I love a good historical. Weirdly enough, it wasn't the heroine's awkward inner reflections on her religion that bugged me the most, it was the extremely creepy vibe that I got off of the hero. I think he was supposed to be a ...more
Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance
Third book in Everard Legacy:

Even the infamous duelist and poet Vaughn Everard has qualms about dragging an innocent lady into his quest for revenge. But the lady in question is the daughter of the man Vaughn suspects in his Uncle's death.

Imogene Devary can't believe that the man who writes such moving poetry is beyond redemption. She is sure that by taming Vaughn's heart she can also bring healing between their two families. However as Vaughn and Imogene dig into their families's secrets they d
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 21, 2012 IrenesBookReviews rated it it was amazing
Great action, intrigue and romance! This is an excellent book! I loved the setting and the characters are likeable as well! I gave this book 5/5 stars. I am already a fan of Regency romance novels and this one does not disappoint. The main characters of Vaughn and Imogene have some great conversations! I loved the intrigue element in the story. Sometimes the mystery takes a back seat to the romance but this author does an excellent job of equal writing time. I would recommend this book to anyone ...more
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: DNF

This wasn’t working for me as a historical, as an inspirational OR as a romance.

It started with the Regency heroine asking an uknown man to dance at a ball. Then we get this:

...she’d wondered whether she’d finally found the suitor she’d been praying for — someone who could help her protect the family name, as her father’s only living child.

And then, during an actual prayer, it got worse.

“Show me the man You mean to help me gain approval to carry on the title of Marquess of Widmore!”
Farrah
Nov 07, 2012 Farrah added it
I'm not going to rate this book because I don't think that it would be fair of me. I picked up The Rake's Redemption without realizing that it was a Christian romance. Unfortunately, those are not my favorite genre. This was a find book, but it isn't from a genre that I like, so it just was't my cup of tea.

But, I will say that the characters are solid, the writing is well done, and the plot was lovely. So, if you do like Christian romances, this is totally for you.

Thanks to Netgalley for a copy!
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
I've read several books by Regina Scott and loved them all. While I did enjoy The Rake's Redemption, it wasn't my favorite. I was pretty confused initially with so many characters introduced so quickly. (I later realized this is the third book in this series, and they should probably be read in order.) About halfway through the book, though, the pace picked up and I got more invested in the book. Overall, I really enjoyed getting to know Vaughn and Imogene. Imogene's spunk really added to the st ...more
Deanna
Oct 14, 2012 Deanna rated it it was amazing
Excellent! A very excellent read! The book was well written and the characters were wonderful! Vaughn was such a complex character being both a poet and an infamous duelist. He lured you in with his senstivity and poetry but could also be your knight in shining armor and protector with his dueling skills! The mystery of Imogene's father also added an element that kept the pages turning! This book is fabulous!
Rebekah Gyger
Jan 28, 2013 Rebekah Gyger rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Everard Legacy that I have read. The first was a bit unrealistic but this one was great. Vaughn is a lovable guy and Imogene is hard not to respect. The book is short, sweet, and I will definitely read the next.

To see what other books I back, view my blog at: backingbooks.blogspot.com
MariaFernanda
Jun 27, 2013 MariaFernanda rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS EVERARD NOVEL!! At first I was a little cautious of how Imogene would develop as a character because it would be tough to complement Vaughn, but Regina Scott did it very well. The only thing that I wasn't too convinced was of Vaughn's "poetry," I mean it wasn't all that great. Overall though, a great novel and a wonderful plot twist that no one could have predicted!
Lilmissmolly
Nov 03, 2012 Lilmissmolly rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this in a First Reads Giveaway.
Regina Scott continues to impress me. Her characters are solid and each one is in need of TLC. Her writing is excellent and enjoyable to read. I couldn't tell I was reading a "Christian romance" and didn't really realize it was marketed as such until I came here to write a quick review. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves regency. :)
Judith Follo
Aug 22, 2015 Judith Follo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Historical romance is a real page turner!! Once you get past chapter three it is hard to put down. Your heart goes out to Vaughn Everard and his cousins. But by the middle of this book you find yourself smitten with Imogene Devary. I love books that have strong female roles. This one does a great job at having her be able to stand on her own.
Kristen
May 14, 2013 Kristen rated it really liked it
Fun conclusion to the series. I really loved hearing Vaughn's story, and thought Lady Imogene was a fun character addition. Would like to have seen Samantha's story closed, maybe there is going to be a 4th?

Moral Note: Mild talk of murder & duels, nothing graphic.
Elizabeth Gaskins
Dec 30, 2015 Elizabeth Gaskins rated it it was amazing
Of all the Everard men, I think Vaughn is my favorite! Plus this book contains the long awaited answers to what happened to Lord Everard?? The Rake's Redemption does not disappoint in action or love! It has easily become my favorite of the Everard Legacy Series!
GONZA
Sep 21, 2012 GONZA rated it did not like it
Christian book, even Regency, are not my cup of tea, I'm sorry....

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIN FOR THE PREVIEW
Renae
Jul 30, 2013 Renae rated it liked it
Cute story that is part of a series that I'm apparently reading backwards! Oops. This is #3 and The Heiress's Homecoming is #4
Aisha Oaktree
so this is not my cup of tea. it's book three and I don't care enough to go looking for book 1 or 2. do DNF at pg47
Amber Lund
Amber Lund rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Emilee
Emilee rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Rachelle
Jan 06, 2015 Rachelle rated it liked it
Fun fast read. Cute story.
Ali
Ali rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Jane
Aug 28, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 27, 2014 10:29PM
  • Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)
  • Charity House Courtship (Charity House, #5)
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • Love on the Range
  • The Reluctant Earl
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
  • Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1)
  • Homefront Hero
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • The Earl's Mistaken Bride (The Parson's Daughters, #1)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • Bound to the Warrior
  • A Royal Marriage (Protecting the Crown, #1)
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
  • Engaging the Earl
Regina Scott started writing novels in the third grade. Thankfully for literature as we know it, she didn't actually sell her first novel until she had learned a bit more about writing such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and plot. After numerous short stories and articles in magazines and trade journals, she got serious about her novel writing. The Unflappable Miss Fairchild was her first nove ...more
More about Regina Scott...

Everard Legacy (4 books)
  • The Rogue's Reform
  • The Captain's Courtship (The Everard Legacy, #2)
  • The Heiress's Homecoming (The Everard Legacy, #4)