Start by marking “Conspiração: Dia do Juízo Final” as Want to Read:

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  16,965 Ratings  ·  541 Reviews
Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition - ISBN 10: 9721034789

OPERATION DOOMSDAY
... ACTIVE ...
Commander Robert Bellamy of US Naval Intelligence is dispatched on a top secret mission. A weather balloon carrying sensitive military information has crashed in Switzerland. Bellamy must locate the ten witnesses to the incident so that they can be sworn to secrecy.
Bu
Published October 2002 by Publicações Europa-América (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Conspiração, please sign up.

Dinethi Jayasinghe According to the book,it is not directly said that Monte was a part of the operation doomsday, but as we read we find that Monte was one of Willard…moreAccording to the book,it is not directly said that Monte was a part of the operation doomsday, but as we read we find that Monte was one of Willard Stone's business partners and Janus had used him to separate Susan and Robert and at the end Monte was also taken with the aliens.
So that we can assume Monte also had played a significant role in the conspiracy.(less)

Salymar
Oct 25, 2013 Salymar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Doomsday Conspiracy is another thriller novel by my favorite author, Sidney Sheldon. The story concerns an American naval officer, Commander Robert Bellamy who was mysteriously recruited in the NSA to investigate a balloon crash accident in the Swiss Alps where it said that there were seven (7) witnesses. He was tasked to search for the said witnesses and report it to the authorities immediately. I know I shall not go into the story in detail as it will contain spoilers but, personally I kin ...more
Russell
Nov 29, 2007 Russell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Several years before the X-files movie, Sidney Sheldon (writer of "I Dream of Jeannie") wrote this thriller about aliens and government cover ups.

It's pretty silly over all. What was weird, though, is that Sheldon includes a bunch of real evidence of a government conspiracy in the book's postscript (dozens of scientists who worked on Reagan's Star Wars who mysteriously died).

Moral of the story: Don't read books off of your mom's bookshelf even if you're really bored.
Parva 'chhanu' Chhantyal
The Aliens are invading! The world is dying! They are killing us!
World's industrialization is the problem for Aliens. They think people are destroying the earth due to all chemicals released from the industry. So, Aliens have demanded the nuclear and manufacturing industries to be stopped. They have warned that unless people agree to do so, they will invade the earth. Now, the secret agency from the strongest countries of the world have come together and formed the secret organisation 'Operation
Jasha Gutierrez
Here i am thinking i can't get anymore surprise from Sydney...then this book hit's me with a BAM!

Dont get me wrong, i know Syd is full of twists and turn so i know, before even oppening this book that it is going to be a WOW. BUt i neve expect it to blow my mind!

I was reading the first few chapters and i keep turning the cover, making sure it was Sydney's work because this one was totally different! It has ALIENS! I mean can you believe it! I have read about yakuza'a, mobbs, lawyer, but never di
Versha
Apr 23, 2013 Versha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
The Doomsday Conspiracy by Sidney Sheldon was a real entertainer! The author’s style of writing is what I enjoyed the most, it was simple, clear, witty at times and fast paced too! One could easily relate to all of his characters , specially the protagonist Commander Robert Bellamy, the portraying of that character was very real and convincing, thank god he was not one of those picture perfect super hero who knew everything! Other than that the plot was very gripping with enough twists and turns ...more
Kathae
Nov 29, 2015 Kathae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5/18

Sidney Sheldon's macho side. He is known for having female protagonists in his novels but this one is, as far as I know, the only exception, and it's not even a bad one for he did a good job. I thought this was going to be all sci-fi and boring but he sure proved me wrong. It was indeed very informative and I just couldn't put it down. I still can't touch a plant now without the scare that I might be hurting it. It had been an interesting journey, reading this book, and I sure will be doing
Linda
Nov 28, 2015 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thriller
Commander Robert Bellamy is hired by the NSA to locate people that have witnessed a weather balloon, with some secret equipment, crash in the Swiss alps. They don't tell him why, and he soon realizes there is something big going on. It’s an interesting story and has much potential. Unfortunately, the big mystery culminates in a chase. Bellamy’s mission is to find the witnesses, but I would be more interested in the big discovery in the mountains if I were him. Bellamy’s search for the witnesses ...more
Space
Mar 18, 2013 Space rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned, e-books
I got to 23% before I gave up. That's 66 pages I read today. I could probably have finished it by tonight. However, I just couldn't force myself to do so. Let me tell you why.

Spoiler Alert. Don't read if you plan to read this book.

The characters were thinner than the electronic pages I was reading from. They are so unbelievably wispy and ridiculous that I couldn't even move past them to forgive the low-hanging fruit of a story line. For instance: a man is driving to work when he sees a woman on
Nazmi Yaakub
Antara novel dalam bahasa Inggeris yang awal dinikmati. Membantu dalam membuka koridor pengalaman membaca. Seingatnya jalan cerita yang rancak dengan espianoge (dicampur dengan Extraterrestrial?). Kini hanya beberapa adegan yang diingati termasuk assassination watak jurugambar dengan berpura-pura mahu mengambil gambar pasport. Apabila difikirkan balik terasa kurang masuk akal sebenarnya.
Swamy Gorrela
Feb 14, 2013 Swamy Gorrela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Giving 5 stars for every book i've read is not
my style! But this book is just awesome! I just can't put down untill i finish reading !
The story starts like normal sci-fi novel, but it is a complete mystery novel. Robert bellemy, the main character, a spy(and a navy commander) given a mission to identify some eye-witnesses to a UFO crash. He dont have their names/adress or something, just the number of people present at the time of UFO crash!
He starts finding every single witness and reports th
Sana'a Abdul latheef
Apr 27, 2013 Sana'a Abdul latheef rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Oleksiy Kononov
Apr 10, 2011 Oleksiy Kononov rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The plot is indeed captivating. But Mr. Sheldon didn't do his homework on the USSR. The book swarms with American stereotypes about the Soviets. Bad Russian sweets, he says - bullshit, you should have tasted some before making statements like that. I don't want to list all those errors and provocative paragraphs in The Doomsday Conspiracy, yet the book had been written long after the end of the Cold War. Well, it's a work of fiction rather than a documentary, but still it looks like a cheap prop ...more
Edwin1212
Jan 05, 2009 Edwin1212 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far the best book i've ever read. This book is filled with non-stop action and suspense. This novel takes place in modern day america and other parts of the world were they have spotted UFO's and a US Spy is sent to kill all who have seen them. It also has a interesting love story between two spies. The ending features the Aliens saying all the mistakes we've made and why they want to kill us all.
Anish
Jun 05, 2014 Anish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first thing that struck me while I started to read this book is that this book has inspired an Indian Tamil language film named 'Thegidi' which I watched recently before reading this book. As I had watched the movie everything in this book was familiar and I was able to guess who was the antagonist (even if I hadn't watched the movie).
Yet this book was the best thriller book I have ever read because I get bored in every thriller book at some point. This was the only book that didn't bore m
Manju /*  Life is beautiful  */
i expect more.but the end and the reason is not that much valid
i felt.those aliens things started horribly and it start begging in the end....
Pramod
Mar 27, 2009 Pramod rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Like with what you eat, you need to watch what you read. Give Sidney Sheldon a miss if you have a chance!
Shikha Pal
"Trust was the sine qua non." - Good story; awry end!

The Doomsday Conspiracy, a thriller novel by (one of my favorite writers) Sidney Sheldon inspired Dan Brown to write thrillers - The reason that compelled me to read this book all the more!

The protagonist Commander Robert Bellamy of US Naval Intelligence is chosen by the NSA to carry out a secret operation. A weather balloon carrying sensitive military equipment has crashed in Switzerland. Turns out, it's a UFO! A tour bus carrying tourists of
Tom Barnes
Oct 16, 2008 Tom Barnes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Sidney Sheldon often said he was a storyteller and The Doomsday Conspiracy proves him to be a good one.
Commander Robert Bellamy answers the phone in the middle of the night and is ordered to report to General Hilliard at National Security Agency Headquarters at Fort Meade, at 0600 hours.
Bellamy’s first thought as he hung up the phone was what could NSA want with him?
He was assigned to ONI The Office of Naval Intelligence.
After hurrying through his morning routine Robert Bellamy got into his car
Roasterx
Sometimes I just want to read a book. Sometimes I don’t want to search for deeper meaning. Or spend the next few weeks slavishly figuring out an allegory. Sometimes I just want to read a book and be entertained. The Doomsday Conspiracy by Sidney Sheldon was that book for me.
I enjoyed the aliens theme, along with the mixture of conspiracy and intrigue. The main character was a Naval Intelligence Officer and so naturally I liked him (being a Navy man myself). I enjoyed the pacing of the writing
Raka Nouvel
Jun 28, 2010 Raka Nouvel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meskipun saya membaca terjemahannya, tapi tidak mengurangi ketegangan yang diberikan Sidney Sheldon sampai akhir cerita.

Seorang agen tentara khusus yang dijebak saat melakukan tugas terakhirnya berburu saksi mata sangat mempesona. Bagaimana setting cerita melompat-lompat dari satu negara ke negara lain, menandakan Sidney Sheldon bukan orang sembarangan. Bayangkan, berbagai macam kekhasan negara yang dikunjungi si tokoh utama memberi kekuatan dahsyat bagi pembacanya.

Antara aksi dan drama yang dit
Saranyaa
Oct 01, 2015 Saranyaa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was quite disappointed in this being about extraterrestrial beings, not a big fan of them. Hated it and I think it might be how Mr Sheldon described them to be like and also the ending.

I've gotta say Mr Sheldon brings you through the story beautifully and I was so excited to know how it would end. But, it was so anticlimatic. There were so many unanswered questions and frankly a bit silly. Oh well.
Eliza
May 02, 2009 Eliza rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read any Sidney Sheldon, so I picked this up at a library sale to try. Very much like the novels Dan Brown writes today -- perfectly acceptable suspense with a ca-razy plot twist at the end and some ridiculous plot holes throughout. Like, if all these people this tour bus were so preoccupied with their own problems and what they were doing the next day, etc, etc, then what were they doing on a touristy drive around the countryside?

I wouldn't exactly recommend this to anyone, but if I w
Priya
Sep 26, 2010 Priya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well the book was just another Sidney Sheldon's work. Like many other Sheldon's books it stated with solving a case/puzzle and at the end of the 1st half there was a huge twist. Then the book was followed by one twist after other. At the end of the book all the mystery were solved in very few pages.

This is the one thing i don't like about Sheldon's book. In the end it feels like "Is that all! Nothing else is to be told?" I wish there were few more questions answered. The end was not as satisfyin
Tanu Gill
Mar 06, 2016 Tanu Gill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great thriller. Very engaging and intriguing.
Eti Mishra
Apr 19, 2015 Eti Mishra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit that I have tried many times to finish this book,but for some reason I have never been able to.

I'm very happy that, I do not own this book.

The thing with me is,if a book doesn't immediately grab me then I usually won't finish. The way I see it, I know how important it is to have a good and interesting beginning to a story, and if the author is unable to even make the first 20 pages interesting then that means the rest of the book probably isn't going to magically get better.

Not r
Suraj B
Nov 10, 2014 Suraj B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always been a fan of Sidney Sheldon stories. Given that, I found this book no different. Most of us, including me has fantasized about being a spy or agent. We thought it would be adventurous, dangerous and spicy (I thank James Bond movies in this occasion). Robert, the genius agent from ONI, the protagonist of the book, could be just the role model for us. He is intelligent, a man any woman would love to be with (Susan acknowledges that in the story). I am sure the last praise is definitel ...more
Kaustubh
May 01, 2014 Kaustubh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meghant Parmar
Oct 09, 2014 Meghant Parmar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man for the country, a secret mission, a sudden call up and ten witnesses scattered across the world. It's a race against time to get the desired results and Commander Bellamy is the best suited for the job. So will he be able to live up to the expectations or will he fail in his final mission? Will peace prevail or will it be a catastrophe? That's what the story is all about.

The story moves at a breathtaking speed and takes turns to be ruthless, mellowed and intriguing and character driven.
Glenda Marie Asinas
The rating I gave pretty much sums it all up. "It was ok." For a thriller, the twists and turns were good. But all the traveling got me bored instead of thrilled. While I have a penchant for conspiracy theories, I'm not into UFOs. I don't think they make a good blend, for that matter. But the social relevance was there. The message was clear-cut. "Save Mother Earth before it's too late."
Geno
Jan 22, 2009 Geno rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
O.K., this book is about UFO's and aliens. I'm not a believer in either of the two; however, these become subplots in this novel. The main story line is about Commander Bellamy and his wild chase around the world. Both story lines put together work pretty well and like all Sidney Sheldon books this one moves pretty fast.
The light switch 2 49 Jul 20, 2013 02:04AM
  • A Perfect Stranger
  • Tycoon
  • The Fan Club
  • John Saul: Hellfire, The Unwanted, Sleepwalk
  • Last Seen After Midnight (Trese, #4)
Was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist. His TV works spanned a 20-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling novels such as Master of the Gam ...more
More about Sidney Sheldon...

“I’m tired of the lies and the cheating, and the broken promises that were never meant to be kept.” 35 likes