Start by marking “Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)

Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (Holiday With A Vampire #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  263 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
'TIS THE SEASON TO TAKE A WALK ON THE DARK SIDE...

Silhouette Nocturne is proud to present these two sensual, heartwarming tales of love during the holiday season. True, the heroes may not wear red suits or be very jolly. But tall, dark and handsome, with the unusual power to thrill, can sometimes be the best gift of all.

In Christmas Cravings by Maureen Child, a vampire fin
Paperback, Silhouette Nocturne #29, 288 pages
Published December 1st 2007 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Holiday With A Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday With A Vampire

Mary Tillman
Jul 20, 2010 Mary Tillman rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires
Christmas Cravings - Maureen Child
There seemed to be a lot going on in the background of the 2 main characters, and Ms. Child wants to cram it all into 120+ pages.

Parts of the story seemed very forced to me. I found the ending to be trite.

2 stars

Fate Calls - Caridad Pineiro
130 pages covering 5 days - nothing like rushing a romance (not to mention the whole forcing the girl into your apartment and then tying her to the bed so she can't leave).

2 stars

I need to stop reading Harliquin romances. The
S.L.
Mar 09, 2014 S.L. rated it liked it
Really more of a 2.5 star rating overall, but I'm rounding up.

This year is my year to try and clean out a serious backlog of TBRs. As a result, I have a feeling I will be constantly smacking into stylistic choices, particularly in my category reading, that have been phased out some seven or eight years later.

I feel that way a little with this two-author anthology. I am usually a fan of both Maureen Child and Caridad Piniero, but neither novella really worked for me this time.

Oddly, in oppositi
Cheryl
Dec 25, 2008 Cheryl rated it liked it
I love vampires, but the ending in the first story was a bit unrealistic. Caridad's story was more enjoyable.
Kathy
Dec 28, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it
Kim
Dec 16, 2010 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Christmas Cravings, when Grayson Stone returns to rural Wyoming for his annual Christmas visit, he discovers that the home he built with his own hands over a century ago has a new owner. Not knowing who or what he was, and with baggage of her own, Tessa takes him in and helps him in his time of need. Neither one of them expected the holiday to change their lives.

There was much about Tessa that I identified with and I enjoyed the way her personna was developed throughout the story. I loved her
Ruth Violet
Aug 09, 2009 Ruth Violet rated it really liked it
spoiler alert!!!!! the 1st story was christmas cravings-maureen child. first off wow! i loved this one is for sure. this is the 1st story i have read from her is was soo awesome. tessa what a wonderful character. she is soo gutsy. she had come off an abusive relationship. even though she only went out with"justin" twice. she could tell he was evil and not right. he stalked her for years. he killed her dog. killed her best friend. so she had to move time and again. and change her name so many tim ...more
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
Usually, I find novels much more appealing than short stories, since there’s ample attention devoted to character development, world-building, and so forth. Occasionally, however, I do enjoy treating myself to the short literary form, especially in the case of romance, whether paranormal or not.

This book, the first in a series dealing with Christmas and vampires, contains two stories, as do the subsequent two volumes. The idea of combining the undead with the holy, joyful season of Christmas is
Tasneem
The first story by Maureen Child is well written but it is full of cliches and the ending was emotionally trite. I did find the plot too dense and too much took place for a short stroy. More about the characters, less emotional cliches would have helped. 2 stars.

The second story by Caridad Pineiro however was of a much better quality. The history of Hadrian is well told and the romance with Connie well brought out. She is his Christmas miracle, not because of any Christian belief, but because of
Netanella
Dec 18, 2012 Netanella rated it liked it
This review is for "Christmas Cravings" only, which I would give 2 1/2 stars, rounded up to 3 stars for efficiency's sake. A semi-suicidal vampire is rescued on the front lawn of a bed 'n' breakfast by the new owner, who takes him in and stitches him up. She discovers he's a vampire when he smolders a little in the sunlight, but she's good with that, because he's intense and sexy and they share some static electricity when they touch. Besides, she has a real monster stalking her, a human psychop ...more
Heather
Mar 07, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok
I enjoyed Christmas Cravings more than Fate Calls, however both books were pretty ridiculous.
Jenn
Jan 16, 2014 Jenn rated it liked it
I liked the first story and how he became a vampire bodyguard. That was cool.

The 2nd story kind of let me down with the whole kidnapping thing. I like the vampires that have the women go to them willingly.
Megan
Dec 06, 2010 Megan rated it liked it
"Christmas Cravings" by Maureen Child - 1 star. Sorry, I just couldn't get into the story. I felt the plot was slow as was the romance. Couldn't finish it. Pages survived: 60.

"Fate Calls" by Caridad Pineiro - 3 stars. Good, but not great, could have been much better. An ancient Roman vampire, Hadrian is beyond annoyed with an incessant bell-ringing Santa. When he discovers that its beautiful Connie he kidnaps her for his own.
Midniteillusion
Mar 05, 2015 Midniteillusion rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I did not finish this. I did read the first story and it was just blah, but I couldn't make myself read all of the second story. I'm not into forced seduction or mind control seduction/sex. It's too close to rape for my tastes.
Misti
Oh god, the first story just dragged on and on. I never finished this but it's stuck on my Kindle, so I guess maybe someday I'll come back to it and give it another try.
Elke
Jun 14, 2009 Elke rated it liked it
Both stories are ok, but I liked the first story best because it brought a better christmas mood. Thus it would have been better to put the first story at the end.
Flien
Written really easy, but a nice story. Kinda expected the end, but it happened in a slightly different way then I would have thought
Emily
Apr 29, 2011 Emily rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: waste-of-time
I didn't finish this book and I probably won't, so that's why I marked it as finished. Cheesy at best.
Candy
Nov 28, 2009 Candy rated it it was ok
My friend Dy thought she'd be a smart ass and chose this one for our book club. I'm reading it under duress.
Cheryl
Feb 14, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
2 Vampire stories in ONE book! How awesome!! Great stories. Love it.
Bella
Dec 08, 2007 Pam marked it as to-read
Shelves: paranormal
12/08/07 rec via bookmooch
Lisa Nelson
Lisa Nelson rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Darrel
Darrel marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Chelsea Hanna
Chelsea Hanna marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • Blood Son
  • Night Mischief (Dark Enchantments #3)
  • The Vampire's Quest (Valorian Chronicles #4)
  • Wild Hunt (Unbound #3)
  • Awakening the Beast (The Calling, #6.6)
  • The Quest (Warriors for the Light #3)
  • Resurrection (Scions, #1)
  • Incubus
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • Vampire Vendetta (Vampire #2)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • From the Mists of Wolf Creek
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • Rising Darkness (Dark Enchantments #2)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Holiday With A Vampire (4 books)
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)