Start by marking “Show Me Yours” as Want to Read:
Show Me Yours

Show Me Yours (Love is Always Write)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  666 ratings  ·  113 reviews
The prompt: "It seems like we've known one another for ever, but he doesn't really know me at all. He doesn't know I'm gay and I'm really scared what will happen when he finds out. Especially when he finds out that I don't want to be just friends anymore."

Josh and Trey have been friends since they were kids, but Josh moved away when they were both seventeen. Their bond has...more
Published July 29th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Show Me Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Show Me Yours

Ami
Trey Halgersen has been keeping a secret from his best friend, Josh Campbell: he is gay and has been having crush on Josh for years. The eight years separated from Josh, living in different coast helps Trey to keep his feeling in check. However, when Josh returns for one week on summer to take care of his Aunt's antique store, Trey wonders how he can still keep his feeling a secret. Only, unbeknownst to Trey, Josh has also been keeping a secret -- he is bi, and he is unsure how to tell Trey that...more
Sandra

Offered FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Eight.

4.5 stars I've read tons of these friends-to-lovers where one guy is gay but the other one doesn't know and they both think the other is straight yada yada yada. But it's all in the execution. I cared about these guys. I understood where they both were coming from. It's been a day already since I finished and I keep thinking about them! That's a good story. I was iffy about the ending at first because I wanted everything...more
Heather C
*sigh* I just love friends-to-lovers!

This was a really sweet story about two long-lost "best-buds". Due to a tragic event in their past, each man believes the other to be extremely homophobic. Surprisingly, one man is gay, the other is bi.

This story touches on so many dark topics including homophobia and child rape, but over all it turns out to be fairly light and not heavy on the angst. I think this could have reached a higher rating from me if it would have went into more depth with Trey and J...more
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Hello, lovelies!
Enjoy reading good m/m stories, do you? Wanna see what happens in one about friends-to-lovers, with a dash of angst, homophobia, rate-the-sexual-kink game, and some elephants tap dancing around? Well, I've got just the thing for you!

Photobucket

Trey and Josh have been friends since they were kids. Best friends ever. But, when they were seventeen, Josh's family moved away because of one event that made both boys think of all gays as pedophiles... or not. Actually, Trey was already sure he's...more
Natalie
Gigi
Loved this friends-to-lovers story! The emotions were extremely strong between the two MCs from the very beginning, even through they had seemingly drifted apart over the years. Circumstances throw them together again for a week where a romance blossoms.

I had thought that I'd give this book 4 stars up until the epilogue. The epilogue deserves a star of its own. HEA with a cherry on top. I love that shit!

Recommended for those that love childhood friends becoming lovers as adults, angst and misund...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Jul 12, 2012 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions marked it as didnt-finish
Shelves: free
Kaje said I could read this one *
--------

At 11%. It's really slow and too wordy. By this point I don't care at all about either character and nothing interesting has happened. They both just over think about nothing so far. And then a flashback to when they fifteen. Boring. And the dream fantasy in the flashback when they 15? What's the point? We already read these type of thoughts with the present day older guy.

Then all these details are so mundane. Like him pouring his drink and what it is. H...more
Don Bradshaw
I loved these two guys together. I'd like to browse around Aunt Julie's store. I think that Trey and Josh worried too much about sex when it's a lack of communication that breaks a couple up.
Nic
Feb 05, 2013 Nic rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, free, liaw
This was a wonderful story. I can't believe it is free especially considering all the money I have spent buying books that are nowhere near this quality. Thank you Kaje!

Josh and Trey reunite face-to-face after only communicating via email and IM for many years. Once best friends, they each had their own reasons for drifting apart. The story provides insight into the lives the pair have been leading, each questioning their own sexuality, largely impacted by an event in their childhood.

The highlig...more
Hannah
A really sweet story, but not at the same level of writing of some of Kaje Harper's other works. For one thing, it was a bit too wordy. A number of descriptive passages could have been cut, making this a tighter, more streamlined story. I liked the characters, but the plot was too predictable. Basically, I've read this story before, with different character names and slightly different circumstances.
Edina Rose
This cover has something magical...

----------------

Friends-to-Lovers story with little angst, lots of love and a bisexual man who does not like anal sex and strongly believes that money is to be saved, not spent. He is soooo cheap it's hilarious! I loved it! Definitely Refreshing.

-----------------
This theme has been done again and again and it's a favorite in MM romance. The story didn't grab me from the beginning because I had trouble picturing the characters and therefore I had trouble caring...more
Booklover, Indianapolis
(July) Boy, Kaje Harper's books have such a ring of realism about them - perhaps a bit dramatic at times but overall the just seem so true! I didn't love this one quite as much as Into Deep Waters which I thought was beautiful - but I liked it a whole bunch! I'm a sucker for friends-to-lovers, but I just wish there'd been a little less fear-of-talking between them for much of their lives! I liked how it ended as well - again, a touch of realism as you know Josh's parents are never going to come...more
Major English (Laura)
4.5 stars - There is really a lot to this short novella. Like other reviews I have read of this story, when you read this story, you will really care for these characters and root for them! It's definitely in the friends-to-lovers m/m genre which I like! I really liked both of these characters and liked how the story unfolded. I am definitely going to look into other works by Kaje Harper.
Anke
2 stars means it was ok and that sums it up neatly. Most of the story I couldn't really relate to either Trey or Josh. I had the feeling as if the 'problems' of their relationship were blown out of proportion. What saved it for me was the last third after the return of the aunt. It was nice to see them working around Josh's hangups.
Jess Candela
I beta'd this, so my rating is based on the penultimate version. The first draft I saw was really good and the most recent draft I saw was wonderful, so I'm looking forward to reading the final version. :)
Julesmarie
Friends-to-lovers and gfy/ofy are my two favorite tropes, and when they're combined, I'm almost guaranteed to love the result. This was no exception. The thing I loved most about this, though, was that it didn't follow the predictable path of either of those tropes. It felt fresh and unique and I enjoyed it very much!

I especially loved that this story addressed things that aren't brought up often in romance novels. The issues the boys dealt with as kids were handled very well, and it made the mi...more
Candice
I LOVE Kaje Harper, but this one was a little too...ummm...wordy? I don't know. It also made me very angry. Why? Too many misunderstandings. Trey distancing himself from Josh because Josh is a homophobe and Trey is gay (but Josh doesn't know). Josh all of a sudden becoming bi, but lies to Trey about it since he thinks that Trey is a homophobe. Both of them drifting apart from even being friends because of a horrific incident.

I will say YAY! for Josh to saying eff you (view spoiler)...more
Gyn
Considering this was a free story I would probably give more than 3 stars but in general I found it to be 3. It started off real strong for me. Lots of tension. Lots of background. Unique setting. There was a big build up to Trey and Josh finding out they were attracted to each other and they were in love. After they discover they come out to each other and start getting it on, however, I felt the story got a little bland. It broke into several smaller issues, none of which I thought was dealt w...more
Caroline Åsgård
Yup! Another gay novel. And this time it was 111 pages, and I loved it.

Josh, Trey's old best friend he had secretly been in love with, suddenly rings the doorbell after several years. Trey is shocked, but lets him in and they talk and catch up. Josh is in town to help his aunt and uncle who are on a cruise, by running their antique store and small farm - he asks Trey to come out and help, but since Trey is still in shock, he refuses and lies about being busy at work, even though that's a total l...more
Mary
Jun 16, 2014 Mary rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I LOVED the end of this story!

''The question was on one sheet of paper, words and a printed picture: My ring on your finger? Yes? No? The picture was two male hands, clasped tight, with a gold ring on the fourth finger of each strong hand. (...) Eleven - Trey said - Definitely an eleven''.
Wasn't it great that in the scale from zero to ten it was eleven? It wasn't original, i am fully aware of that, but it still made me like this book more. just because of these few sentences in the end:)

The who...more
Sunne Manello
How comes that Kaje Harper can make any book special?

This could have been a normal "friends to lover"-story and yet again, she added unexpected twists to it. A wonderful story that adresses more than one problem in a way that is neither superficial nor to obsessive.

Thank you for another wonderful and free story, you are more than generous with your talent.
Audrey
3.5-4 stars. Really enjoyed how the original photo was incorporated into the story. The ending seemed a little rushed for me, but it was sweet, too. Very nice friends-to-lovers book.

This story was written as part of the Goodreads M/M Romance group's Love is Always Write event. It is available as a free download on the Goodreads book listing.
Brittany
Aug 02, 2012 Brittany added it
Shelves: m-m
Not the best friends to lovers M/M stories I've read. I didn't think Josh's thought process was all that believable. He went from finding Trey hot to wanting to build a life with him rather quickly. As nice as HEAs are, I like to see them built up with a little more subtly.
Tia Fielding
I love Kaje's stories. Like a LOT. However, this one I wanted to like more.

What was nice, was the way the guys' sexlife wasn't the usual stuff, and the Aunt and her husband were nice.

The rest... a bit meh. Okay, liked it, but it wasn't that good for me. Decent read still.
Silkeeeeee
Two childhood best friends come together after several years apart. Both tried to hide their love for each other and that doesn't work out so well. Another sweet MM reads. Not a whole lot of sex but there is a HEA.
Nik
This was a truly sweet friends to lovers story. I enjoyed both characters and although we got an epilogue I hope this isn't the last we see of Trey and Josh! And thanks Kaje Harper for the great free read! :D
Miriki
It started out very slow, the flash backs were annoying, but we need them to better understand our MCs. It was a solid 4 stars until 50%, the pace picked up, and I enjoyed it so much. So 5* <3
Rachel Whitley
"Friends to lovers" is quickly becoming my favorite subgenre within a subgenre.
And this story has the best . epilogue . ever!
Victoria
I really liked Josh and Trey, and their story. Thank you Kaje Harper, for donating your story, time and talent.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Loved it!! Friends to lovers sweet romantic story!!
Totally re readable :)
  • West, Haven (Love is Always Write)
  • Lead Us Not (Love is Always Write)
  • An Oral Fixation  (Love is Always Write)
  • Kiss and Makeup (Love is Always Write)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells (Love is Always Write)
  • In Over His Head
  • Stuck on You (Love is Always Write)
  • Heartstrings
  • Whistle Blowing
  • This Little Piggy Went to Jersey
  • Life in Chaos (Love is Always Write)
  • The Portrait of his Sublimity
  • Pillow Talk
  • Take a Breath (Love is Always Write)
  • A Competitive Edge
  • Telling Jase (Love is Always Write)
  • Call Me Burt (Love is Always Write)
  • Lazy Sundays
I live in Minnesota (where the two seasons are snow removal and road-repair, and the mosquito is the state bird, and where sometimes in winter it is so beautiful you can't breathe for gazing at it). I have been writing for longer than I care to admit, and currently am focused on writing m/m romance. I have an interview from Sept 2012 on Reviews by Jessewave for those who are interested.

My first p...more
More about Kaje Harper...
Life Lessons (Life Lessons, #1) The Rebuilding Year Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2) Home Work (Life Lessons, #3) Into Deep Waters (Love is Always Write)