The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  50,836 ratings  ·  2,836 reviews
Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her probl...more
Published October 4th 2012 (first published September 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Ella and Micha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Ella and Micha

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Book Boyfriends
36th out of 4,508 books — 17,618 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
tattooed love boys
9th out of 612 books — 2,462 voters

More lists with this book...

"That's All" Ash
 photo star.jpg

So I’m goin’ to go on the record and say that I didn’t give Jessica Sorensen five stars for this book.

She took them from me.

She took them from me with her absurdly beautiful story, with her heart-arresting characters, and with her words that belong in a jewelry box somewhere.

This author is fucking kickass.

And that’s all there is to say, really.

_____________________________________

photo title.jpg

They grew up together, you know.

Ella and Micha, I mean.

With nothing but a fence that begged to be jumped over betw...more
Debra
"It was one of the things that made me fall in love with her; the fire, passion, and the need to stick up for the outcasts, even if it meant being an outcast herself."

When Ella ran a away from home eigth months ago, she ran away because she wanted to forget. Forget about the past and everything that happened in the town she grew up in. But when she returns home from college, the walls she tried to built up around her heart slowly begin to fall apart when she's reunited with her best friend M...more
Aestas Book Blog
*** NEW COVER ALERT *** This book will be rereleased in March with this new cover.

“…when it all comes down to it, it’s just me and her against the world. Always has been.”

A beautiful friends to lovers story about a girl from a broken home and the bad boy who made her feel loved and safe again.

Ella and Micha came from a life of broken homes and bad neighbourhoods but ever since childhood, they have been there for each other – the best of friends. As they grew up, Micha wanted more...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Nov 09, 2012 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Read w/my Smut Monday Girls, so them, haha
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Anna
The scream that shatters my mouth could shatter the world's happiness into a thousand pieces. But the silence that follows it is enough to dissolve it completely.

3.5 stars. With a review opener like that, you'd think I was about to delve right into talking about how crazy this book was, or how shocking the secret was.

Picture me doing that noise when you've hit a whammy...that wauh, wauh, wauh, noise. This book had a few secrets, but nothing really smacked me in the face.

However, I did enjoy...more
Richa
Ever wondered what would life be like if you could run away and be someone else? Go to a place where no one knows you and have a brand new beginning?? Who would you be then?? Ever thought about it??

But is it really that easy to leave your past behind? Is it possible to be ever completely free from it?? To forget everything about it and those who were in it???

Meet Ella May Daniels, a girl who tried to run away from her past, who thought she could leave everything and everyone behind and become...more
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
“I love you, Ella May and nothing will ever change that. You can push me away—run away—and I will still love you.”

This is such a sweet ‘new adult’ style romance between two friends, Ella and Micha, who have known each other forever, growing up together. They both come from dysfunctional families – Micha’s Dad ran out on them when he was 6 and Ella’s Dad is an alcoholic and her mother suffers from bipolar disorder with delusions of grandeur.

Just as Ella and Micha were about to take their relation...more
Karolina
" We've been friends since we were kids..."

Photobucket

"...it’s just me and her against the world..."

Photobucket

" But life changes, people change..."

Photobucket

Still..."He's been looking for you for past eight months."
"I don't care what you say this boy is in love with you."

Photobucket

"Micha saw too much of me and it scared me to let him all the way in..."

[image error]

But in the end..."when I thought I'd lost him it opened my heart and freed what I'd buried deep inside me..."

Photobucket

"They'll never really know what it took to get here. How ma...more
♥Rachel♥

The Secret of Ella and Micha was a romance full of SMOKING hot chemistry from years of pent up attraction. The best kind of romance, in my book, is one that starts from years of friendship and grows into so much more. *sigh*

After a night that scared her to the core, Ella Daniels picked up and left her hometown without a word to any of her friends. She doesn’t even tell her best friend, Micha, she just picks up and leaves. Ella has to return home after eight months hiding out at college, because...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“There’s a darkness inside my chest, like the devil hidden inside me is about to make a grand appearance.”

This is the story of two young people, Micha and Ella, inseparable since childhood, daredevils at heart, ‘soul mates’ from the get go. One tragic event in Ella’s life changes everything - she loses herself in her pain, drowning in guilt and regret, and she does the only thing she can think of before her mind shatters completely - she runs away. She runs away from everything and everyone s...more
Annie Brewer
Awwwwwwwwww that was beautiful. The ending was perfect....and I just loved this book so much!!!! Ella, Micha, Lila and Ethan were all great characters. I can not wait to continue with the next book!!! It truly had my heart soaring with joy, love and a lot of heart pounding....holy crap-the sexual tension was Hot hot hot!!!!!!

"Suddenly, I get a little nervous. This is the first time I've ever been with someone I've cared about and it's going to be different." -Micha

First of all, I love that cove...more
Hanka
I read this book because I loved "The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden", which was perfect to me. I liked the plot, I loved the heroine & her friend(s), and her love interest quickly became mine, too. Plus, the love scenes were incredibly sexy.
But with this book, I was disappointed. The whole plot seemed ridicuous to me. I was always waiting for Ella to just stop stretching things out unneedlessly. And even though I knew that something terrible had happened to Ella in the past, it didn't mak...more
Sandra
"Micha, this is who I have to be otherwise I can't breathe. Please just leave it alone. That dame fire might exist, but I want it gone." I spin my back to him, praying he'll listen to me for once, because if he keeps it up, sooner or later I won't be able to resist. But Micha has never backed down on a challenge in his life."

The Secret of Ella and Micha was a beautiful and touching read about forgiveness, moving on, and love. About a girl who lost herself on the way of grief and blame, and a bo...more
La-Lionne
Meet my Micha. He looks and acts like a bad boy, but he is actually a very gentle soul. Yes, he have done some serious sleeping around back in a day and yes, he does illegal street car racing. His parents did screwed up his life, but he is trying to put that behind him and clean up his act. Plus, he is very sweet and gentle with Ella, that's why I forgive him :).

description

Meet his baby, Chevy Chevelle. He and Ella have had some hot make out sessions in this car, on every surface of it! (Ella, you lucky bi...more
Zia
I honestly do not see what it likeable in this story.
To me it felt as though I just couldn't bring myself to finish it, but I did.
To be completely honest, the author writes like a three-year old.
Actually that is so offensive

description

It's not offensive to the author. It's offensive to three-year olds.
That's it.
Ciao.
Erin
Mar 23, 2013 Erin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Pushing the Limits
WOW!! Holy hot tension with a smokin' bad boy!! I dove into this story the night it started popping up on GR, and my heart is still racing from the chemistry between these characters!! Secret is a heart-wrenching, captivating, sexy thrill ride of a romance story that grips you to the last page, and I just LOVED it!

First of I am head-over-heels for Micah!!! He embodied all of my favorite bad-boy qualities, being the gorgeous trouble-making daredevil with the heart of gold and mind in the gutter!!...more
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
To repeat what I tweeted while I was halfway through this book – All this angst and not a single blueberry muffin in sight! Life can be so unfair sometimes.

Honestly, this book oozes angst, and while I know there are many readers who enjoy just that (proven by the very fact that this book is a New York Times bestseller), I’m not a fan myself. However, that’s not to say that I didn’t enjoy this book – I did. I just thought it was pushed a bit too far at times.

Ella and Micha have been best friend...more
Ariana

People should have real plots in their minds before starting to write a book.
Seriously!

In fact they should read about 100 books in the same genre before coming up with a new story because they tend to do the same mistakes (and maybe they could learn from the others) and these stories tend to blend in with each other so that it would be funny if it weren't so annoying - really, there always seem to be two characters with broken lives (a tragedy in one's life is a must) that can't possibly be tog...more
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Ella and Micha are just the cutest!! Meant for each other, to hold the other when one falls, to love and care. They share such a beautiful relationship and a special bond. I love how much he loves and cares for her, its heart warming.
description

They way the author talks about Ella's eyes! WOAH (y)
And Micha's lip piercing, holy hell I want to suck on it too.
The sexual tension of the book is AMAZING.. I was literally yelling 'DO HIM ELLA' at my laptop screen hehehe

Some reviews have compared this book to Push...more
Amy (BW)

Yep, totally needed one of these ^^ when I was done reading this book! What an incredibly, beautifully written story. It was one I had NO intentions of reading this weekend, and I am so glad I picked it up this morning at the insistance of the TBBB! :o) (Thanks, girls!) I can't believe I wasn't going to read this one over some stupid hang up I have over upside-down kisses like in the Spiderman Movie. Dumb! Yep, took one look at the cover and said...Nope! Big mistake! So glad I read it.

Ella's l...more
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 5 out of 5
Favorite Lines - "It's what's buried deep inside that frightens me because it's broken, like a shattered mirror." & "Micha, this is who i have to be otherwise I can't breathe. Please just leave it alone. That damn fire might exist, but i want it gone."
Favorite Character - Elle

They don't know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what
I've been through like you do
And I was made for you...

Oh god i LOVED this book.
It was heartbre...more
Heather

Finally a good book!

Oh how I loved this book. It is a young adult book about a boy and a girl who have know each other forever... and discover each other again. What a ride!

They both have battle scars. Ella has been dealing with the loss of her mother. Micha is dealing with his father's abandonment. Ella wants to run from everyone and everything she has ever know and start over. There is just one problem, Micha is not ready to let her go.

Oh how I love a bad boy. Add in a wonderful lip ring tha...more
Jasprit
Ella and Micha are two broken halves of one another, when together they make the perfect match; they have this energy buzzing between them, it’s like they’re the only ones in the room even though they’re in a room packed with people. Despite it being clear they’re meant to be, Ella decides to up and leave one miserable night. She gives no explanation to Micha even though he’s been with her through everything. The next eight months Micha spends tracking Ella down and Ella spends in a numb shell t...more
Vibha★
"When it all comes down to it, it's just me and her against the world. Always has been."

This is the story of Ella May Daniels,the girl who tried to run away from her past.The past,where she didn't care what anybody thought.The past,where she used to race boys and speak what was on her mind.The past where she was an entirely different girl and did what she liked.

Until one night changed it all.

Ella ran away from her home,from Micha.Now,eight months later,she has completely changed.She is polite a...more
Elena
Tutti cerchiamo l'anima gemella, anche senza rendercene conto. Siamo costantemente alla ricerca di una persona in grado di renderci felici, quella che anche tra mille e mille lacrime riesce nell'impresa di farci sorridere. Una persona sulla quale sappiamo di poter contare, una che ad un primo momento ci assomiglia e ci capisce in un modo che agli altri è incomprensibile ma che si rivela anche a noi così opposta da poter impersonare la nostra parte mancante. Ed eccolo quel pezzetto del puzzle che...more
Smitten's Book Blog

(Add lip ring and appropriate tats)

I absolutely adored The Secret of Ella and Micha! It was a really heart wrenching story. So honest and raw. The characters are loveable, tormented and well developed. I was completely invested in this story from the very first page, where you are thrown head first into the emotional deep end of the harrowing lives of Ella and Micha.

You couldn't help but fall head over heels for the gorgeous Micha within just the first couple of chapters. I loved that he was so...more
Alex

Ebbene sì, anche io ho ceduto al fascino dei new adult!
Con qualche eccezione, questa nuova tendenza letteraria ha saputo regalarmi sospiri ed emozioni intense!
Non lasciarmi andare di J. Sorensen è il classico libro che "o si ama o si odia" ,non troverete né la trama del secolo o uno stile ricercato, né nessuna ambientazione degna di nota, ma...
Unico punto focale dell'intera storia sono Ella e Micha: due amici, due ragazzi con un passato non facile,d ue anime gemelle.
Il loro controverso rapporto,...more
Christy
A great read. Made me a little emotional at times, but I really liked it.
Ella and Micha have been best friends for a long time. Something huge happens in Ella's life and for the last 8 months she has essentially changed most things about her; her look attitude etc. Not only that, but no one really knows where she is including Micha. When she finally comes home from school after this 8 months we meet Micha -swoon... and holy hell that lip ring ;) Loved how their story came together and I really...more
Splage
Cute and sweet with very likable characters, but I felt it dragged at times.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

Micha pulls back and smoothes my wet hair out of my eyes. “Don’t you ever do that to me again. I can’t do this without you.”

**Sigh** I should’ve read this sooner. This book has been on my Kindle since October; when I first noticed this book. I loved the cover and loved the blurb and immediately bought it, but didn’t pick it up until now. What a mistake that was. I loved everything about this story. It was emotional and you couldn’t help but root for the H/h. The story had so much more...more
Sandee (The Whimsical Reader)
REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK:

I had to calm myself down before I was able to make a review for this book.
It got me so hyped, absorbed and addicted.
Micha got me wild and sooo ready toooo… do something dirty DANCE!

funny gifs

RAWWRRRRR!

If you are ready to read about some steamy unbelievably sexy scenes like this

[image error]
GIFSoup

Then I recommend you get your hands on this unbelievably sexually stimulating book!
Okay so let’s get down to the review.

THE GIST:

Ella has always had this wild streak in her. Th...more
Help me remember 3 29 Jun 07, 2014 01:17PM
Literary Masterpiece 2 24 Jun 07, 2014 10:39AM
Can't decide! 5 72 Apr 23, 2014 05:50PM
Ella and Micha vs Callie and Kayden 31 386 Jan 29, 2014 03:44AM
Whats the 'secret'? 14 420 Sep 25, 2013 05:53AM
What are some books similar to this? 3 100 Sep 17, 2013 01:52PM
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
  • Measuring Up
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #1)
  • Crush (Crash, #3)
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
  • Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series, #1)
  • Devoured (Devoured, #1)
  • There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken, #1)
  • Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)
  • The Love Game (The Game, #1)
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Jaded (Jaded, #1)
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
  • Finding Never (Never Say Never, #2)
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend Quartet, #2)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

More about Jessica Sorensen...
The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2) The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2) The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1) The Underworld (Fallen Star, #2)

“You can't just change who you are on the outside and expect it to change who you are on the inside.” 280 likes
“Just because it's broken doesn't mean it loses its importance. And I figured I'd give it to you one day when you realized it was okay to make mistakes.” 163 likes