Start by marking “An Indian Affair” as Want to Read:
An Indian Affair

An Indian Affair

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  230 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
HE WAS A HALF-BREED…
as hard and proud as his Seminole ancestors, bitter about his elegant Bostonian mother’s abandonment of him, and a bounty hunter, tougher than the criminals he tracked. Andrew Fox was dangerous to the men he hunted for a living and to the women he chased for pleasure. He needed no one–until Lucinda Warren came to town.

Shy, reserved Lucinda was as civili
Published June 20th 2012 by Gypsy Autumn Publications (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about An Indian Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Indian Affair

Christine
My opinion.

I wanted to really like this one, but it just fell flat. The writing was a little dry. There were some areas in the story that had a lot of details about nothing. They felt like fillers.

Paula...the BFF was just annoying and sounded like the jealous friend from page one. Why Cindy took any of that idiot's advice is still a mystery to me. Towards the end I felt like maybe Cindy, the heroine, was masochist since she had Paula in her life. Only someone who would love pain would have that
Poet Gentleness
Mar 13, 2013 Poet Gentleness rated it did not like it
If a guy is rude, if a guy says he doesn't want you, if a guy throws you out of his life, you don't offer yourself on a tray for him. It doesn't matter if you are still a virgin at old age and if he is a handsome, tall, hot, rich guy.
Five Negative Stars! I quit!
Guys, I don't usually swear, but guess what? A bad book, a waste of my precious time, makes me MAD! So, pls, bear this with me:
I'm banging my head on the wall for having read until 59%:
After Drew puts the door of Cindy's friend's apartmen
Pat aka Tygyr
Cindy goes to Florida to stay with her former College Roommate. Cindy is researching Seminole Native American Stories for her thesis. When she meets Andrew who is 1/2 Native American, she falls hard for him. She has never had a steady boyfriend, has never been interested in sex. Now she sees what all the fuss has been about. Andrew is a love em and leave him kind of guy. His mother had a brief affair with his father. She returned when Andrew was a baby, but only long enough to leave him to be ra ...more
Jane
As a person with one parent white and the other Native American (not Indian, those people come from India in Asia), I found the back and forth emotions of Drew accurate. The characters interaction started and stopped but sometimes that is the way people with strong personalities interact on their journey to find each other. Personally I enjoyed An Indian Affair.
Stephanie
Feb 19, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
I'm giving this 2.5 stars. While it was a quick read that wasn't written poorly you get sick of Drew's attitude and his issues that keep popping up. That kept me from liking him and connecting with him at all. Because this is a novella of course everything moved quickly so some of it may be a little unbelievable in that time frame plus you have Cindy trying to write her thesis which she barely spends time on.
Laurie
Jul 27, 2012 Laurie rated it liked it
I liked this book very much. It was hard at first to believe the characters fell in love so fast and even harder since we weren't able to see it through Drew's perspective. But once the story got going it was a really sweet love story. I liked it but not as much at An Indecent Marriage.
Season
Mar 28, 2013 Season rated it it was ok
This was a fairly good story but one I felt I had read before. There is nothing all that unique about it other than being a little dated. but overall a nice, easy read with believable characters.
Djg
Nov 18, 2012 Djg rated it liked it
"An Indian Affair" by Doreen Owens Malek

Very sweet, a little dated but enjoyable. I'm guessing it was first published as a harlequin.
Strangly it's tagged as erotic on Amazon but it isn't.
Black Butterfly
Jun 17, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Y/A
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: romance
NICE ROMANCE BETWEEN A HALF SEMINOLE/WHITE MAN DREW & A CAUCASIAN WOMAN CINDY. IT WAS OK BUT IT READ TO MUCH LIKE Y/A BOOK WAY TOO TAME FOR ME. IT WAS CUTE BUT BORING.
Colleen
Jun 28, 2012 Colleen rated it really liked it
Currently a free download on amazon.com to your kindle. I liked the book. It was a quick read (1 night).
Maureen Hoar
Jul 10, 2012 Maureen Hoar rated it really liked it
This book had great action, great love scenes and a great plot. I enjoyed reading it very much!
Sisi
Jun 29, 2012 Sisi rated it really liked it
Well written story with good characters. Nice easy quick read just a day, subtle erotica.
LeeAnn G
Good reading. I am finding some of the older storylines to be enjoyable.
Debbie Davis
Debbie Davis rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Monica
Monica added it
Jun 16, 2016
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
GJ
GJ marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Elayne Cox
Elayne Cox rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Noël
Noël marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
MC Lin
MC Lin is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2016
Sasha M
Sasha M rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
  • Hot Property (Kingston Brothers, #2)
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • Bad Girl Lessons (Gresham County, #1)
  • The Fire Still Burns
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Fatal Embrace (Romantic Suspense)
  • Rescued by the Rancher
  • Steal Me
  • Under His Roof (Under His Roof #1)
  • The Dom Prize  (The Dominants Series 1)
  • Faking Mr. Right
  • Rage Against The Machine (Dan & Chloe Book 1)
  • Warrior's Bride
  • Challenging Andie
  • Vittorio's Mistress (Vittorio's Series #3)
  • Say You Love Me
  • T'on Ma
aka Faye Morgan

{From Amazon} "I am Doreen Owens Malek, author of over forty books and lifelong fan of romantic fiction. I live in PA with my husband and college student daughter, a mini dachshund and a sun conyer parrot. I would like to tell you a little about myself.

I came to writing by a circuitous route, starting out as an avid reader of JANE EYRE and WUTHERING HEIGHTS and GONE WITH THE WIND a
More about Doreen Owens Malek...