Start by marking “Love's Providence” as Want to Read:
Love's Providence

Love's Providence

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  159 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
An alternate cover edition can be found here.

College athlete Lily Brennon has always been the piece that doesn’t quite fit in the puzzle, especially in her blended family, and no amount of rule-following perfection seems to bring her any closer to the love and acceptance she desperately seeks. If not for Jackson Carter, her childhood best friend and the only boy she’s ever
Published May 24th 2012 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Love's Providence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Providence

Law Man by Kristen AshleyWild Man by Kristen AshleyBreathe by Kristen AshleySomething About You by Julie JamesRock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley
Frisk Me: Best Male Police Officer Romance Heros
165th out of 209 books — 229 voters
Tagged by Joseph M. ChironCompulsion by J.J.   JohnsonThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisThree by Ted DekkerHouse by Frank E. Peretti
Edgy Christian Book List
165th out of 318 books — 345 voters

More lists with this book...

Ileana
Mar 17, 2013 Ileana rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-kindle
(This review has spoiler) This is a suprising nice read. This is the story of Jackson, Lily and Alex. I must confess that the book was slow for me at the beginning but I kept reading it because the book's good review. The book got much more intense towards the latter half. It had unexpected twists and turns and ultimately love and forgiveness was what reunited two of the main characters. I must say that I have mixed feelings about Lily since she ultimately lost her viginity to Alex. She knew all ...more
Kathleen
Sep 22, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Lily Brennon and Jackson Carter have been childhood best friends for twelve years, and have dated from their late high school years into their college years in Birmingham, Alabama. Lily always thought that they had a relationship that was going to last forever, but when Jackson suffers the tragic loss of his father and a blown knee sidelines his dream of joining the NBA, he slides down the slippery slope of depression and pushes everyone away including Lily.

While on a family vacation to St. Simo
Jen
I'm going to stay this is sports related because she was a volleyball player and he was a basketball player.. they did a few play by plays with the volleyball - so sports :)

his was an Awesome book! I truly loved it! It had everything I love in a great romance book -
Starting off with Jackson and Lily being best friends since they were 9 years old, dating when they turned 16, in love while in collage.
Life was great!

At least until things started going downhill for Jackson. His father died, he b
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)

Lily is the main character in the book. Her story begins as her boyfriend and best friend decides to end the relationship. He is struggling with personal trauma and emotionally withdraws from life.

Heartbroken, she takes a trip with her family to an island for the summer. Her she meets Alex. He is a handsome police officer with an attitude. It doesn't take long for sparks to fly and the relationship to progress father than Lily was prepared for.

Lurking in the background is her feelings f
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Book exchanged for a review~Per Goodreads rules

What a beautiful story of hope, faith, and love between two childhood friends. From the beginning you are drawn into the story of Lily and Jackson. Following Lily and Jackson thru life's ups and downs show you just how faithful God really is. Both Jackson and Lily are tested yet neither of them see it until the very end of the book. Here are my thoughts on the book.

Lily Brennon is a young Christian, who always thought Jackson and her were going to b
Leigh (Little Book Star)
Oct 28, 2012 Leigh (Little Book Star) rated it really liked it
ORIGINAL REVIEW AT: Little Book Star

This is the first time that I read a YA Christian Romance and it was awesome! It’s not only about romance, but it’s about the characters making right decisions in life, keeping their morals & principles, and taking risks. It is told in third person p.o.v. and switches back and forth to our three main characters’ perspectives – Lily, Jackson, and Alex. Lily and Jackson are best friends and had been on the same school since they were a child. Let’s say, the
Jonel Boyko
Dec 22, 2012 Jonel Boyko rated it really liked it
Once I was finished reading this very well written book I felt at peace. Love’s Providence is an intriguing novel full of some of the most tragic events imaginable, but they are all realistic things that could happen in a regular individual’s day. No one is supernatural, no one is a super hero, and everyone is overwhelmingly human in every thought, feeling, and action. All in all, the overarching religious experience found within the pages brings you back to yourself and helps you re-center your ...more
Joana
Jul 11, 2012 Joana rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I started to read this delightful book thinking it was just the normal Christian Romance. Boy was I wrong! This little book packed a punch and pretty soon I was transported into an all out mystery/suspense with action and adventure. Wow.

This is an excellent read for young adults and I'd even recommend it for young Christians who are in the throes of decision making as it relates to purity. This book shows us what can happen when we compromise our standards and change our minds to please those a
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Oct 13, 2012 Dani C. (Paulette's Papers) rated it really liked it
I have to say that Love’s Providence really surprised me. I knew it was a Christian Romance when I started it but the story is such a real and touching one. It had a really good mixture of romance and mystery to it.

This is a book I would recommend to any young adult or even adult. It really shows how one wrong decision and a compromise on your beliefs can make life spiral out of control. There are many good lessons to be learned from this and I think the consequences are portrayed very well. It
Sher
Mar 07, 2016 Sher rated it liked it
Stacy Walz
Oct 20, 2015 Stacy Walz rated it really liked it
Great story and happy ending!

Good read. Slow to start but great storyline. Very captivating and good lesson in leaning on Jesus for everything. It is so easy for us to mess up His good plans for us!
Corrine
Aug 18, 2012 Corrine rated it really liked it
This is a good fast read. I was in between books for my book club and thought why not try this book for .99 on Amazon not expecting to much. Boy was I wrong, this book engages you right from the start and I was not able to put it down. I hope to see much more from Jennifer. I really like her writing style it! flows so well. Jennifer keep writing.
Maritza
Oct 21, 2013 Maritza rated it it was amazing
This book has everything! Tragedy, mistakes , romance, regret, thrills, forgiveness and most of all love! Beautiful story of how regardless of our mistakes and bad choices God loves us and always has the best design for our lives...even when we get in the way! Loved it
Michelle °O°
May 09, 2015 Michelle °O° rated it really liked it
What a refreshing read from the other books I had been reading. It starts off with Lilly and Jackson breaking up. Jackson has been through alot and he is the catalyst for what happens in this book. He pushes Lilly away, who then meets sexy bad boy Alex.

I loved both men in this book. (Though I cheated and read the end to see who she ends up with.)

The only things the bothered me was:

(view spoiler)
Suzanne
Apr 20, 2013 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book! Characters were likable and well developed. Loved the ending but I won't spoil it for you.
Cherie
Nov 21, 2012 Cherie rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one. Anytime I see the word "Christian" attached to a book I cringe a little. That's a personal thing because I grew up attending a very strict Baptist church that followed the Bible in a very literal sense. I many times find that when things are labeled Christian it's because the content is generally not relateable to those outside the Christian faith. Not so with Love's Providence.

I think the author really did a fantastic job of writing characters of faith and strong convictions
Cathy
Oct 08, 2012 Cathy rated it really liked it
This book was really quiet the attention grabber. Sure there’s nothing supernatural about it or apocalyptic, but there was so much drama I thought I was watching a really good soap opera, with a Christian base. We meet Jackson and Lily as they are just getting into a disagreement and Jackson just decides that he can’t take it anymore and breaks it off with her. They’ve known each other for the majority of their lives, childhood friends moved to a couple that belonged together, or so they thought ...more
Ruth Hill
Oct 04, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it really liked it
Christian romances are often "a dime a dozen," and I have read so many Christian books this year that I would describe as vapid and sappy. Jennifer Westall has written a book that certainly breaks that mold with its twists and turns and somewhat unconventional resolution. I can definitely say this is a book that kept me guessing almost from the first page.

This can certainly be classified as a clean romance. I would have preferred the author not using "inappropriate" words (not profanity, but wor
Beth Cutwright
Oct 10, 2012 Beth Cutwright rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Love's Providence by Jennifer Westfall. Although I do not read a lot of Christian fiction, I am really impressed by the authors who can portray a character's Christianity and the temptations and frailties the flesh is still forced to contend with. Sometimes when we walk the path of life, one thing after another beats us down and we are left wondering, Is God there and why is he dealing me this hand? He's supposed to love us right? The characters in Jennifer Westfall' ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

This book is labeled as an YA Edgy Christian Romance. It sure wasn't like most Christian novels I've read. Mostly that had to do with the sexual interactions between Alex and Lily. They have some steamy make out sessions before Lily gives in to the pressure of sex, going against her moral values as a Christian. Of course afterwards, she is devastated and full of guilt and remorse.

I think the book did a good job of reflecting Christian values, real world frustrations and heartache, makin
J. Leigh
Oct 24, 2012 J. Leigh rated it really liked it
This author is well on her way and she's created something wonderful in this story. I love how she created characters that are easy to related to, even when you didn't agree with every choice they made. Westall takes her time and doesn't rush to the conclusion. Right to the very end you feel the tension of the situation.

It's labeled "Edgy Christian Fiction" because, I assume, it involves a Christian who makes the mistake of having premarital sex. I'm glad this author took on this subject and wa
Phyllis Stinson
Oct 12, 2015 Phyllis Stinson rated it really liked it
Frustrating Read

So many emotions and mistakes make up this book. I was happy, mad, madder, frustrated, yelling. The choices you make can truly ruin your life. All young girls should read this to help them with their hormones.
Jessica Rutan
Jan 18, 2016 Jessica Rutan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book with a good Christian story line. Towards the end I did feel it drug on a little long but yet I couldn't put it down still.
Mary Dulaney
Aug 29, 2015 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4+ Stars
Nicole Ochart
Nov 16, 2012 Nicole Ochart rated it really liked it
Love's Providence was a wonderful, touching book, about the connection between Jackson and Lily. This story was touching, and I really enjoyed reading it. The phrase 'soul mates' is expressed in each page of this book. This is the kind of love we all want and hope for. All in all, I give this book a 9/10. I look forward to more work by Jennifer H. Westall.

Nicole Ochart
Lindsey
Amazon Freebie 7/19/13
Victoria
Aug 21, 2015 Victoria marked it as own-tbr
Christian romance
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Romance Lovers fo...: August Book of the Month 2 29 Jul 17, 2012 08:40PM
A Must Read! 1 8 Jul 09, 2012 07:46PM
Addicted to YA: New YA Novel- Love's Providence 1 13 Jun 25, 2012 08:28AM
  • Life After the Undead
  • Your Gift to Me
  • Cross the Ocean
  • The Second Son
  • Road to Tomorrow (Look to the Future, #3)
  • Angel's Assassin
  • Captured Sun: The Second Highland Home Novel
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • Heart in Hand (Stitches in Time, #3)
  • Beside Two Rivers (Daughters of the Potomac, #2)
  • The Fate Of A Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls, #1)
  • Rising Sun, Falling Star
  • Chasing Clovers
  • Compromising Miss Tisdale
  • The Christmas Bride (The Burnett Brides #4)
  • The Folly At Falconbridge Hall
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • The Second Daughter
Jennifer Westall dives into Christian characters to explore her own questions of faith. Inspired by the life of her grandmother, Healing Ruby (2014) is the first in the Healing Ruby series, which delves into the mysteries of faith healing. She’s also the author of Love’s Providence (2012), a contemporary Christian romance that navigates the minefield of dating and temptation. She resides in southw ...more
More about Jennifer H. Westall...