Start by marking “Amoureuse d'un cheikh” as Want to Read:
Amoureuse d'un cheikh

Amoureuse d'un cheikh (Hot-Blooded Husbands #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  400 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Ce n'est plus un secret pour personne : Evangeline Delahaye, issue d'une des meilleures familles d'Angleterre et Rashid Al Kadah, prince héritier du trône de Berhan, s'aiment avec passion depuis bientôt 2 ans. Mais si la presse à scandale se délecte des moindres détails de leur liaison, leurs parents respectifs, eux, se montrent nettement moins indulgents. Loin d'accepter ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Collection Azur, 150 pages
Published 2008 by Harlequin (first published May 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Amoureuse d'un cheikh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amoureuse d'un cheikh

KatieV
I'm in the minority on this one it seems.

I think what bothered me was that in this case the pregnancy was SUCH a cop-out. It's a well-used trope in mistress plots. In fact, it usually doesn't bother me because it really makes the H face up to his feelings for the heroine and sometimes realize he's been a huge jerk and loves her.

In this case the two already supposedly professed their love for one another, but the understanding was that as an Arab prince he would one day have to leave the heroine
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Heroine from well-known British family fears that her 2-yr affair with Sheikh's son will end when she makes her confession. And their love for each other gets tested to the hilt against their social/cultural duty.

This Reid book was a surprising hit! Her writing is emotionally involving. With this book, I could feel the tension between main characters' love for each other & duty to family/country. I couldn't put the book down! Both Hero & heroine were strong & behaved with integrity,
Tina
Jacqueline
This one was very different from most HPs. The 2 of them had been lovers for the last two years which neither family liked. However, now she is pregnant and he is being pressured to marry a nice girl from his own culture. So the story involves them deciding to be together anyway and troubles ensue. However, they admit they love each other from the very first which is very different from most HPs and he is never really an ass to her. Anyway an interesting different read. I really enjoyed it.
LuvGirl
Michelle Reid is an excellent writer. She writes such vivid fiery passion between her hero and heroine. They always come to life and jump out at you. This story was a huge cop out though. The relationship between the leads gave me everything I was expecting, but came to an abrupt stall when I realized that I was just going to be reading another hero marries heroine because she was pregnant story-line. I was hoping for a tangible story with the lovers conflict being resolved in a substantial way. ...more
Jenny
Apr 26, 2014 Jenny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heroine-i-hated
I never felt heroine's love for the hero. Hero was smitten with her and did everything in his power to make their relationship work but she never met him halfway. Plus I felt the author was very insulting to the Arabian culture.
shms

Truly excellent. On second reading I've upped 4*'s to 5.

Michelle Reid is an awesome writer and excels at angst, heartbreak and the HEA, and here she achieves the perfect balance between the romance, the conflict, the resolution and HEA, wrapped up in a sexy tale. She does this with insight and depth you do not see in current Mills & Boon/Harlequin books.

This tale has the typical trappings of a Mills & Boon, pure fantasy in its setting. Yet the core of it is a real reflection on the issu
KC
I enjoyed this, but felt Evie loved Raschid slightly more than he loved her. In an ideal world (which is what romance is all about), the hero should always love the heroine more than she loves him. She wouldn't be short-changing him because she'd still love him tons. :)

Anyway, the happy ending came about a little too conveniently. They'd already been together for two years, but Raschid hadn't proposed yet. If this hadn't happened to Evie, (view spoiler), I thin
Leona
Evie and Raschid come from very different worlds. For the past two years they have been conducting a very public affair to the chagrin and consternation of both families. They know that their time together is limited since Raschid will one day become king and must marry a woman from his own country. Evie becomes pregnant and of course, Raschid declares that they will marry for the sake of his heir. He becomes absolutely possessive and will stop at nothing to marry Evie.

What could have been a wo
Oct 09, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG this book. Classic Michelle Reid. Wonderful characters, you could feel how madly in love they were. Her writing moves me as always. Loved.
Pravana
What a book!!!
Have read it many times. any yet each time I cry when ever I read the book. Such a powerful and moving tale.

'I exposed you to mockery, humiliation and danger', he nonetheless continued. 'I stood by and watched your own family shun you at your brother's wedding. I witnessed the whole party freeze in horror when you caught Christina's bridal bouquet. I then watched you stand alone by a moonlit lake and toss those damn flowers into the water as if you were tossing away all hope for yo
Roub
Mar 26, 2014 Roub rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
mind-blowing ! absolutely beautiful one ! it's not like other sheikh stories which is pure fantasy where the english heroine is readily accepted as wife 2 the sheikh. in this one, they had 2 work at it. it broke my heart how evie lost her self-respect, how she suffered humiliation n how low she sunk. she loved rachid too much! she sacrificed so much, everything; her pride, her family's honour, her future n marriage 2 harry while all along rachid knew his duty, clinged 2 it n wud have married ais ...more
Nadia
The character I liked most was Raschid's personal assistant\doctor. The tension between two main heroes was bearable, all negativity from their families seemed not very serious. But their attempts to humiliate Evie seemed very cruel. It's timeless book so IDK how much of a scandal it can be nowadays Evie wasn't royal after all. (view spoiler) ...more
Paola
Mar 27, 2015 Paola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers, day-dreamers, who likes books where the romance is already established
Shelves: heart-stuff
This is not the kind of book I use to read, much less one that I like to.

Another thing is that "sheiks" or arabs for that matter, dont usually attract me. (can't do nothing about it; its called "one's own taste")

BUT:

I really enjoyed this book.

So much that is actually funny.

At first, I was ready to turn away from it. But as I read it further, I couldn't put it down anymore.

There's nothing special about her writting. I'm not saying she is a bad writer, oh no. She is a good writer, but, except fo
Kay
Feb 13, 2012 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
5 Stars! ~ Sheik Raschid Al Kadah and Evie Delahaye entered into their affair with both eyes open; their time will be brief. But two wonderful years later, society was amazed they were still together. With the strain of attending her brother's wedding, Evie holds back a secret from Raschid that will shake both worlds. And shake worlds it does. Evie is pregnant, and when she tells Raschid he is stunned, then tells her they will get married. They both know this is impossible; there is no way an An ...more
Consuela Rossetto
May 24, 2015 Consuela Rossetto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harmony
Dopo due anni di segreti, bugie e clandestinità, per lo sceicco Raschid Al Kadah e la sua fidanzata Evie è arrivata l'ora di coronare il sogno più grande, a dispetto delle rispettive famiglie che tramano per dividerli.
Mentre fervono i preparativi, però, il padre del principe sta programmando tutt'altro matrimonio per il figlio. C'è un modo di salvare il loro amore?
Mandy
Jun 22, 2014 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love love love love this book. unlike most of harlequin romances,
Both h & H declared their love very early on in the book and it was about how they overcame difficulties with their love.

and i am VERY satisfied with a hero who does not falter. he was supportive all the way. No 3rd parties to ruined the book or the relationship.

5 perfect stars for me.
Kelster
Oct 14, 2014 Kelster rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Appreciated that the author didn't utilize any bullshit angst plot devices and instead created a story that felt real and made sense. I liked that both characters were strong and stubborn and that the H wouldn't accept the h's crap. Really good!!
Stephanie Jafta
This story dragged a bit for me and was a bit unclear in some areas. However, I usually always enjoy romance novels with a strong and gorgeous Arab who falls in love outside of his usual type.
Leyns
May 10, 2015 Leyns rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this story, it felt like he was only with her because she became pregnant. And who gets pregnant by accident in this day and age? I hate the pregnancy storyline cop-out.
Francis
Mar 01, 2015 Francis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, adult
It wasnt that bad but towards the end, I was just reading the dialogues to finish it quickly. :( ...more
Li
Old-school M&B romance - a quick read, with the plot not quite rooted in reality.
J
Jan 19, 2015 J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eva and Raschid are a wonderful couple. Loved the romance. The passion between the was great. They fought to stay together in spite of their families. This is one of my favorite books. The strong characters and the emotions they had for each other was evident in the story.

I liked the fact that the Hero wasn't afraid to tell the Heroine he loved her in spite of the obstacles they needed to overcome. I would have liked an epilogue but I loved the entire story.

Old story I bought in e-book format b
Bubblegum
i came across this harlequin book again after so long and couldnt resist reading it. its the third time reading The Mistress Bride, since 2010.
Carmen
I loved this HP. I have been enjoying this series MR has created. Normally the mistress theme leaves me flat as it smacks of parasitic and exploitive behaviors best left out of a love story. Very few authors can handle this theme adroitly but MR, in this case, certainly has. The characters are fiercely honest about their feelings for one another while in, what they consider a very improbable, impossible relationship. They return in a delightful cameo, in A Passionate Marriage.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Uh...well, okay. I don't normally like "sheik" books and this was no exception. Talk about a bunch of people who are TSTL! The characters were a mixture of humble servant, inflexible parent, and passionate lovers. That was its redeeming part-that those characters who are TSTL were so very real they make you ache.
Bridie Coleman
Nov 21, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evie and Raschid are involved in a public affair much to the disgust of their high-ranking families and because of this it is seen as a given that they will eventually break up and marry others in their own circle until the day Evie discovers that she is pregnant and it all changes.
Cady Lorenzana
Feb 12, 2015 Cady Lorenzana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
This story is a very good example of "You and me against the world" theme. I was amazed how the two of them loved each other and how strong they are to fight for their love.
Missy
Dec 30, 2013 Missy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hot passionate read......true love/soul mates = kismet.
Melanie♥
Just did a re-read of this one. I rated it 4 stars a few years ago, but I'm upping it to 5.
Wonderfully angsty and almost no big misunderstandings.
  • The Sicilian's Mistress
  • The Marriage Possession
  • Valentino's Love-Child
  • Saved from Sin
  • Master of Pleasure
  • The Greek Tycoon's Revenge
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • Marriage Meltdown
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some
More about Michelle Reid...

Hot-Blooded Husbands (5 books)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Wife