Start by marking “Bet On Love” as Want to Read:
Bet On Love

Bet On Love

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  145 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...until she meets the family.

Broken-hearted sports agent, Shelby Greene, heads to the bright lights of Las Vegas to attend the wedding of a college roommate hoping to ease the pain left behind by a cheating ex-fiancé. The myth of catching the bridal bouquet takes on a whole new meaning when Shelby wakes up in bed with her old school ob
Published March 14th 2012 by The Story Vault

To ask other readers questions about Bet On Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bet On Love

Lori McD
Cute, funny, predictable... at times, I wanted to pull my hair out with all the vacillating the H/H did. I suppose this is what we're like in real life: always afraid to venture our hearts and tell the other how we really feel, because we aren't sure of the other person.

Shelby Greene is in Vegas to attend a friend's wedding. She's staying in a suite at the Venetian that her ex-boyfriend and all-around-scum, Grant, has access to when he's in Vegas, gambling away Shelby's hard-earned money. At the
Bloggeretterized
Nice short read.
Once again a too perfect love story for my taste, ending is too predictable but it's an enjoyable read.

*spoiler alert* Plotwise, I would've made it longer by letting them go on with the annulment and letting Shelby have the real nice wedding she deserved....just a little humble opinion.

On a personal note, for some reason, I love this line:
"I stepped outside to inhale the warm, dry, summer air and say a little prayer for some guidance on how to handle this next adventure called my
Barbara Blanc
Feb 16, 2014 Barbara Blanc rated it it was amazing
Loved the family values in this book. The live story was very touching. The hero was my kind of man. A great short story.
Rabid Readers Reviews
I disliked the main character in this book intensely when we first met her but kept reading and am glad that I did. This was a solid romance between two characters with some history and some impulse control problems. There were a few points in the storyline that didn't make sense to me as a reader but overall the result was a delightful story with characters who turned out to be compelling.
A. Gorman
Feb 01, 2013 A. Gorman rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-reads
I love the characters in this story!! Shelby and Cole have basically loved each forever but neither of them told each other how they felt. Fast forward to mutual friends wedding in Vegas and they end up married. We are introduced to his family and his daughter, Abbey, whom I absolutely adore! It's a very well written short story. It left me wanting to know more. :)
Julianna
Jul 11, 2012 Julianna rated it liked it
It was an ok short read, kind of glad I got it for free. I might look into some of this authors other work but this one did not make me want to rush out and buy some more.
Kristine
Jul 02, 2012 Kristine rated it liked it
Loveable characters. I especially loved his daughter. However, the short length of the story left a lot of development undeveloped.
Mickolus Sundquist
Jul 03, 2012 Mickolus Sundquist rated it liked it
Short Short Short! This book is another chick flick kinda deal. It was free on the kindle. Very light read.
Madhuri
Aug 22, 2012 Madhuri rated it liked it
A cute light book that makes you believe in childhood love, second chances and always betting on your heart!
Hannah
Sep 06, 2012 Hannah rated it really liked it
While this was short and very predictable, I enjoyed it anyway.
Kathy Neff
Feb 23, 2013 Kathy Neff rated it really liked it
Just a sweet story. I enjoyed it.
Stacie Marquart
Lindsay
Jul 24, 2012 Lindsay rated it liked it
very quick read!
Amela
Amela marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Icel
Icel added it
May 13, 2016
Chipy02yahoo.com
Chipy02yahoo.com rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Annie Lucille Melton
Annie Lucille Melton marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Becky
Becky rated it did not like it
Feb 08, 2016
Marcie
Marcie added it
Feb 06, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
  • Stuck On You
  • Falling For Rain
  • Secret Vow
  • Chocolate Aftertaste
  • At Long Odds (Caspian Chronicles, #1)
Barbara Witek lives in New York with her husband, three children and a loveable labrador who thinks he's the fourth child! There is never a dull moment in their busy household. Being surrounded by love and family is all Barbara needs to produce her touching, emotional and heartfelt romances. She is a firm believer in love at first sight and finding lost loves.

Barbara will never turn away from a gl
More about Barbara Witek...