Start by marking “Blood of the Zombies (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 2, #17)” as Want to Read:
Blood of the Zombies (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 2, #17)

Blood of the Zombies (Fighting Fantasy Reissues (Series 2) #17)

You are kidnapped and wake up in chains in an underground cell of a castle in a remote part of Romania. You discover the castle is owned by a magalomaniac who is running a secret scientific programme – injecting hundreds of prisoners with zombie blood. You are next in line and don't have much time to escape.
Published August 2nd 2012 by Wizard Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood of the Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of the Zombies

Alexis Hall
H feels I am letting the side down by not having a review for Blood of Zombies.

I therefore transcribe H's comments:

"This is a classic Ian Livingston instadeathaganza. At one point, I became so demoralised that I attempted to cheat and still failed. It's one of those books where you basically auto-lose if you don't find the right obscure item at the right time. You also auto-lose if you don't keep track of the number of zombies you killed, and kill enough zombies. Sort of brilliant, in a ludicrou
David
I'll give the book props for cheesiness ala Army of Darkness and budget zombie flicks. Aside from that, there's not much to recommend. It's supposed to be a special edition gamebook, but there's nothing spectacular about it.

App-wise, it's similar in polish to other Tin Man Games, so there's no complaints there. The game system is different from all other Fighting Fantasy gamebooks and is in a way too simplistic and punishing. One - just one - unlucky roll can kill you or basically makes it impos
Ken
In Blood of the Zombies, you've been kidnapped and sold to a megalomaniac who wants to build an army of zombies to exact revenge of those who mocked him. Now you must find a way to escape from the castle before you too are turned into one of the undeads. The story itself is nothing special, I've read better Fighting Fantasy stories to be honest but it has a certain old school charm about it.

I read/played through this on the Android app. What I like about the app is that you can pick a difficulty
Adele Broadbent
Jun 20, 2015 Adele Broadbent rated it really liked it
From the author of the huge Fight Fantasy series.
This is a brilliant ‘Create your own adventure’ story, oozing with zombies, hidden hallways, rats, spiders cockroaches and other terrifying scenarios, all wrapped up in Goraya Castle owned by insane megalomaniac Gingrich Yurr. Every choice you make can determine whether you live or die at the hands of the screeching zombies… all while the master of the castle is out for your blood.

Excellent
Anna
Jan 17, 2013 Anna rated it liked it
So I got as far as 325, died of Attack Dog attack... Lost all Stamina. First time I've ever played according to the rules though;) With dice and all. I'll give it another go some other time for sure, because I really want to know how the story turns out. Remind me a lot to House of Hell. And I love zombies.
Dayna
Jan 01, 2015 Dayna rated it it was ok
This one was a little different from the fantasy fighting books I used to read, in that it wasn’t your classic swords and sorcery style. Which I think I prefer. So I didn’t like this one as much as the previous one I read, but hey, at least I know that now!

Still, it was engrossing and interesting enough.
La Espada en la Tinta
Jun 24, 2013 La Espada en la Tinta rated it really liked it
Shelves: received
Podéis encontrar la primera reseña en castellano del librojuego en el enlace: http://www.laespadaenlatinta.com/2013...
Alexander Draganov
Jun 09, 2014 Alexander Draganov rated it really liked it
Crazy horror game in the 80s style of the Fighting Fantasy - insanely hard, short episodes, endless battles, but strangely atmospheric.
Nanette
Aug 11, 2015 Nanette rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! It kept me busy for quite a few hours. I'm definitely going to go through the adventure again, and try to get all of Yurr's zombies.
Naomi
Sep 06, 2012 Naomi rated it really liked it
Recommended to Naomi by: Ali
Addictive. It's going to take a while for me to figure out how the hell to get out of Yurr's place whilst still taking out every last zombie...sigh.
Borislav Traykov
Borislav Traykov rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2013
Adrian
Adrian rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Neil Williams
Neil Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Sean Dejucos
Sean Dejucos rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2012
Mjhancock
Mjhancock rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Matt Tarbit
Matt Tarbit rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2015
João Lamas
João Lamas rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Ryan Pascall
Ryan Pascall rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2014
Tazio Bettin
Tazio Bettin rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2015
Sidney Lock
Sidney Lock rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2016
Kiril Ivanov
Kiril Ivanov rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2015
Andy Simmons
Andy Simmons rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Mascud
Mascud rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2013
Richard Cope
Richard Cope rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Ivan Spasov
Ivan Spasov rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2015
Matt Green
Matt Green rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Neil Wager
Neil Wager rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Pete
Pete rated it liked it
May 02, 2014
David Cole
David Cole rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Creature of Havoc (Fighting Fantasy, #24)
  • Talisman of Death (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #24)
  • The Curse of the Cave Creatures (Give Yourself Goosebumps Special Edition, #5)
  • Demons of the Deep (Fighting Fantasy, #19)
  • Zombielicious
  • The Amadeus Net
  • Secret of the Pyramids (Choose Your Own Adventure, #19)
  • Flight from the Dark (Lone Wolf, #1)
  • Supercomputer (Choose Your Own Adventure, #39)
  • Space Patrol (Choose Your Own Adventure, #22)
  • Mountain Of Mirrors (Endless Quest, #2)
  • Lost on the Amazon (Choose Your Own Adventure, #24)
Ian Livingstone has been in the interactive games industry for over 25 years. In the 1970s, he co-founded Games Workshop and launched Dungeons & Dragons in Europe, later editing White Dwarf magazine. In 1982, with Steve Jackson, he wrote the first of the Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks which eventually sold over 15 million copies in 23 languages. In 1995 he led the merger of computer games company ...more
More about Ian Livingstone...

Fighting Fantasy Reissues (Series 2) (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #1)
  • The Citadel of Chaos (Fighting Fantasy, #2)
  • Deathtrap Dungeon (Fighting Fantasy, #6)
  • Stormslayer
  • Creature of Havoc (Fighting Fantasy, #24)
  • City of Thieves (Fighting Fantasy, #5)
  • Bloodbones (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #26)
  • Night of the Necromancer (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 2, #7)
  • House of Hell (Fighting Fantasy, #10)
  • Eye of the Dragon (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #21)