Start by marking “The Reckoning (The Marenon Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Reckoning (The Marenon Chronicles, #3)

The Reckoning (The Marenon Chronicles #3)

Held in a dark cell in the heart of Mudavé, Silas Ainsley, the Deliverer of Marenon, meets a new enemy: the Possessor. Silas knows it won't be long before the Stühocs try to kill him, or worse, turn him into an enemy against the very people he is meant to help.
Julian Hobbes has left the throne in Farlaweer in search of the last two medallions of power, knowing that once he
Published June 18th 2012 by Smashwords (first published June 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reckoning

Tammy K.
The Reckoning is the third book of the Marenon Chronicles.
The book follows the continued progress of Silas, Julian, Kaden, Alric, and more as they fight to defeat the Stühoc army and their evil leader Anithistor.
The book begins in a flash back in time to give you a little extra knowledge but then jumps back to where the second book in the series left off.
The story continues on being written in multiple points of view, transitioning from one groups adventure to the next.
The book is full of exci
Jun 27, 2012 Greg rated it it was amazing
This was an epic end to a great series. This is one of those books or series that you simply never want to end. However the end to this book is extremely satisfying and I would read the entire series again.
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Jul 07, 2012 Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota* rated it really liked it
Last book of Marenon Chronicles and the my favorite one too.

Jason Morrow continued his easy writing to the 3rd book, and this one goes even faster. Full of excitement, it keeps you at the end of your sit waiting to see how will it end. Full of surprises and a wonderful ending too. I said it before and i will say it again, the all happy ending, everyone is happy is not necessarily the right ending for a story, and i'm really happy the author knows that. I mean it's a freaking war, not everyone c
Nov 29, 2012 Stephen rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2012 Adelina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
When Book 3 arrived on my doorstep, I couldn't wait to dive right in. I wanted to be back in Marenon, with the Dunarians, Erellens, and Stuhocs. I'm going to try and not give any spoilers here, because you just need to go read it yourself. I think what I really loved about Book 3 was that we got more backstory on the sleepers, Judoc, and the Stuhocs. Finding out where they came from really helped in bringing the whole story together. The ending though, completely took me by surprise! I didn't ex ...more
Maegan Morin
Aug 12, 2012 Maegan Morin rated it it was amazing
Finishing a good trilogy is so bittersweet for me. The Reckoning by Jason D. Morrow is the third and final book in the Marenon Chronicles and what an ending it was! Jason D. Morrow is a gifted fantasy author and the conclusion to this brilliant fantasy series only confirmed it.

The character growth was great I liked that Silas has flaws and that he’s not a perfect or indestructible savior. I also like Julian, he is definitely one of my favorite characters. I like how you know his intentions are h
Dec 08, 2012 Larissa rated it liked it
Actually 3.5

The Reckoning is a fast paced, fulfilling ending to the Marenon Chronicles.

Coming to the end of a series can sometimes feel choppy to me, with the author trying to tie all the loose ends together, but I thought that Jason Morrow did a very good job. I felt very satisfied when I turned the last page (or clicked, as the case may be). This book kept me on the edge of my seat; there was never a dull moment.

One thing that bugged me about this book though, that hadn’t in the previous books
Classic quest, betrayal and redemption themes make the finale to Jason D. Morrow’s Marenon Chronicles truly enjoyable. Slow and occasionally repetitious writing, with occasional typos and missed edits, make the tale less than perfect, but the story moves well, plot and counter-plot are well-imagined, and the various loves and mistakes of earlier books round out to build more convincing characters, human flaws and all. Readers and characters learn together that actions have consequences, moral fa ...more
Apr 01, 2013 Jenni rated it really liked it
Fantastic culmination to the trilogy. Questions answered, sadly some deaths and failed romances. Great story and will look out for more of this authors writing.
Patricia Hodge
Apr 03, 2013 Patricia Hodge rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the way the series was all wrapped up in this final book. It wasn't cheesy or formulaic. There was plenty of action still going on and nothing sappy.
Jdjade rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Oezay rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Chloe40 rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Tristin rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Eric Dunn
Aug 05, 2013 Eric Dunn rated it it was amazing
This was the final book of the trilogy and I always have high hopes for the ending book and Jason did not disappoint. Not only was this book a fantastic read, but it was very very easy to ready. It flew by. I have been in a reading slump for the last few months and this book tore me right out of it.

Jason continued with his wonderful characters and rich worlds. I have loved the plot of this book from the beginning and it only got better with the third installment. Silas and his friends have fina
Great books but it both leave you with closure and wanting more and hinting that there might be more to come
Momo2025 rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
Nomar rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Jacob Townsend
Jacob Townsend rated it did not like it
May 19, 2014
Allen rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Mike Massa
Mike Massa rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Scotty Jinks
Scotty Jinks rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Pieter Kruger
May 31, 2015 Pieter Kruger rated it liked it
Definitely the best of the three books in the Marenon Chronicles. Its not a bad read. Its not great.

Its a really good story. But it could have been easier and more pleasant to read. The writing style did not work for me.
Keith Trullinger
Keith Trullinger rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Jed Clifford
Jed Clifford rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Ian Doward
Ian Doward rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Cathryn Kiana-McGowan
Cathryn Kiana-McGowan rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2015
Rabxi rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2015
John rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Chad Thornton
Chad Thornton rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Raven and the Wolf (Eyrder Saga, #1)
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • OMG (Oh My God) (CUL8R Time Travel Mystery, #1)
  • Divided against Yourselves
  • Flury: Journey of a Snowman (Claus, #3)
  • Born to Magic (Tales of Nevaeh, #1)
  • Staying Human
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
  • The Alhambra Decree (Flower from Castile Trilogy, #1)
  • Silver Knight
  • At Odds with Destiny
  • Whatever Happened to Mourning Free? Book 3 of the Olivia series
  • Year 50
  • Rys Rising (Rys Rising, #1)
  • The League of Delphi (The Delphi Trilogy #1)
  • Demon Inhibitions (Caitlin Diggs #3)
  • Hallsfoot's Battle (Gathandrian Fantasy Trilogy #2)
Jason D. Morrow is the author of the Prototype D series, The Starborn Ascension, The Starborn Uprising, and The Marenon Chronicles. He enjoys playing guitar, shooting videos, and spending time with his lovely wife, Emily. He also writes under the pen name Asher Elliot, author of the Fantasy/Western series, Keeper of the Books.

Currently writing: The Starborn Redemption
More about Jason D. Morrow...

The Marenon Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Deliverer (The Marenon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Gatekeeper (The Marenon Chronicles, #2)