Start by marking “The Reckoning (The Marenon Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Reckoning (The Marenon Chronicles, #3)

The Reckoning (The Marenon Chronicles #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Held in a dark cell in the heart of Mudavé, Silas Ainsley, the Deliverer of Marenon, meets a new enemy: the Possessor. Silas knows it won't be long before the Stühocs try to kill him, or worse, turn him into an enemy against the very people he is meant to help.
Julian Hobbes has left the throne in Farlaweer in search of the last two medallions of power, knowing that once he
Published June 18th 2012 by Smashwords (first published June 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reckoning

Sheila
Classic quest, betrayal and redemption themes make the finale to Jason D. Morrow’s Marenon Chronicles truly enjoyable. Slow and occasionally repetitious writing, with occasional typos and missed edits, make the tale less than perfect, but the story moves well, plot and counter-plot are well-imagined, and the various loves and mistakes of earlier books round out to build more convincing characters, human flaws and all. Readers and characters learn together that actions have consequences, moral fa ...more
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Last book of Marenon Chronicles and the my favorite one too.

Jason Morrow continued his easy writing to the 3rd book, and this one goes even faster. Full of excitement, it keeps you at the end of your sit waiting to see how will it end. Full of surprises and a wonderful ending too. I said it before and i will say it again, the all happy ending, everyone is happy is not necessarily the right ending for a story, and i'm really happy the author knows that. I mean it's a freaking war, not everyone c
Tammy K.
The Reckoning is the third book of the Marenon Chronicles.
The book follows the continued progress of Silas, Julian, Kaden, Alric, and more as they fight to defeat the Stühoc army and their evil leader Anithistor.
The book begins in a flash back in time to give you a little extra knowledge but then jumps back to where the second book in the series left off.
The story continues on being written in multiple points of view, transitioning from one groups adventure to the next.
The book is full of exci
Eric Dunn
This was the final book of the trilogy and I always have high hopes for the ending book and Jason did not disappoint. Not only was this book a fantastic read, but it was very very easy to ready. It flew by. I have been in a reading slump for the last few months and this book tore me right out of it.

Jason continued with his wonderful characters and rich worlds. I have loved the plot of this book from the beginning and it only got better with the third installment. Silas and his friends have fina
Maegan Morin
Finishing a good trilogy is so bittersweet for me. The Reckoning by Jason D. Morrow is the third and final book in the Marenon Chronicles and what an ending it was! Jason D. Morrow is a gifted fantasy author and the conclusion to this brilliant fantasy series only confirmed it.

The character growth was great I liked that Silas has flaws and that he’s not a perfect or indestructible savior. I also like Julian, he is definitely one of my favorite characters. I like how you know his intentions are h
Larissa
Actually 3.5

The Reckoning is a fast paced, fulfilling ending to the Marenon Chronicles.

Coming to the end of a series can sometimes feel choppy to me, with the author trying to tie all the loose ends together, but I thought that Jason Morrow did a very good job. I felt very satisfied when I turned the last page (or clicked, as the case may be). This book kept me on the edge of my seat; there was never a dull moment.

One thing that bugged me about this book though, that hadn’t in the previous books
Adelina
Aug 02, 2012 Adelina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
When Book 3 arrived on my doorstep, I couldn't wait to dive right in. I wanted to be back in Marenon, with the Dunarians, Erellens, and Stuhocs. I'm going to try and not give any spoilers here, because you just need to go read it yourself. I think what I really loved about Book 3 was that we got more backstory on the sleepers, Judoc, and the Stuhocs. Finding out where they came from really helped in bringing the whole story together. The ending though, completely took me by surprise! I didn't ex ...more
Greg
This was an epic end to a great series. This is one of those books or series that you simply never want to end. However the end to this book is extremely satisfying and I would read the entire series again.
Patricia Hodge
I enjoyed the way the series was all wrapped up in this final book. It wasn't cheesy or formulaic. There was plenty of action still going on and nothing sappy.
Jenni
Fantastic culmination to the trilogy. Questions answered, sadly some deaths and failed romances. Great story and will look out for more of this authors writing.
Stephen
Allison
Great books but it both leave you with closure and wanting more and hinting that there might be more to come
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 2/12/13
Jennifer Romans
Jennifer Romans marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Karl
Karl marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Marjie
Marjie marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Spencer Evens
Spencer Evens marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Vonnie Hudson
Vonnie Hudson marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Vicki Minx
Vicki Minx marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Red
Red added it
Oct 27, 2014
Tippy
Tippy marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Thomas Ehardt
Thomas Ehardt marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Imtheniceone
Imtheniceone marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Joanne Partlow
Joanne Partlow marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
  • Raven and the Wolf (Eyrder Saga, #1)
  • Divided against Yourselves
  • Touch of Fate
  • Sword Bearer (Return of the Dragons, #1)
  • The League of Delphi (The Delphi Trilogy #1)
  • The Dark Citadel (The Dark Citadel, #1)
  • The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black (The Young Inventors Guild, #1)
  • Demon Inhibitions
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Collectors Edition (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-3)
  • Sela (Leland Dragon #2)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy
  • Read Me Dead
  • The Fall (The God Slayers Quartet #1)
  • Inherited Danger (The Dawning of Power, #2)
  • The Trials of Caste (Paladin of a Hidden God, #1)
  • The Keepers
  • The Eye of Divinity (Knights, #1)
  • Shaman, Healer, Heretic (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #1)
My name is Jason D. Morrow and I am a writer. Whether a journalist at a newspaper, or writing fiction novels, writing has always been my passion.
The past few years have been a wild ride. Going to college, it took me a better part of two years to figure out what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to be a novelist since I was a child, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish a manuscript. I starte
More about Jason D. Morrow...
Out of Darkness (The Starborn Saga, #1) Anywhere But Here (The Starborn Ascension #1) The Deliverer (The Marenon Chronicles #1) If it Kills Me (The Starborn Saga, #2) Even in Death (The Starborn Saga, #3)