Start by marking “A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #2)

A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  971 ratings  ·  245 reviews
Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.

One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the fut
Published August 6th 2013 by Entangled Teen

To ask other readers questions about A Tale of Two Centuries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale of Two Centuries

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
316th out of 1,531 books — 10,656 voters
Origin by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInto the Deep by Samantha YoungCrown of Midnight by Sarah J. MaasJust in Case by Elizabeth MarxMeeting With Christ and Other Poems by Deepak Chaswal
Best books of August, 2013
47th out of 94 books — 413 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel Harris
Jun 21, 2012 Rachel Harris rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
As the author, I have to say I adore this book (*grin*)
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
Actual rating: 3.5
"I cautiously take down a pink bikini and hold it against me.
Fear and an intense loathing for the man who created this form of clothing churn in my stomach."
Apparently, this feeling is commonplace to any woman, of any age, from any era.

This book was an unexpectedly pure fun to read. I hate using that word..."unexpected," but the truth is that premise behind this book and its contemporary high school setting is not one that typically appeals to me. This is going to sound like
Nick
Aug 06, 2013 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc

Read more of my reviews at Nick's Book Blog.

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century was quite possibly one of my favorite reads last year. With the way the book ended, I was dying to get back with the adorable characters from the first book. Whenever I step into a sequel, there's always that nagging question somewhere in my mind as to whether the sequel would live up to the brilliance of the previous installment. With this book it seems, I might have been delusional to even have such doubts because Rac
Jenna
Wow. I certainly did not expect that ending... Oh, it wasn't at all a bad cliffhanger! It was more! The ending is something you won't see coming.

I absolutely love everything about A Tale of Two Centuries. It's simple, uncomplicated story unravels every teenager hormone left in my system! I swear I swooned and had lovely chills most of the time. And the fact that the MC from the 1st book, Cat, not only made an appearance here but is also a main character in the book still. And her love story cont
Amber
Swoon! I want more!!
Rachel Harris has done it again! A Tale of Two Centuries was everything I could have hoped for in this second installment.

Living in the Sixteenth Century didn't allow the women to perform on stage, or to court whom they chose or even travel unaccompanied. Groomed since birth to be a suitable wife and partner, Allesandra dreamed of doing more. Acting on a stage and being able to make decisions for herself was only a mere vision until Reyna, the gypsy girl grants what only co
Jasprit
A Tale of Two Centuries for me was a huge step up from Harris’ debut novel; My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century. I thoroughly enjoyed going back to the sixteenth century with Cat and watching her trying to fit in with everyone else. But when it came to Alessandra coming to Cat’s world I was even more excited.

Once again Alessandra found herself having to go through Reyna’s riddles before being able to return back home. But Alessandra never thought that she would actually end up loving where Cat live
Erleen (Books For YA!)
For more of my reviews, visit Books For YA!

*An eARC was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

With awesome characters and fascinating plot, A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris is an amazing time-travelling love story full of adventures, challenges, romance and life lessons. This book is not just a must-read, it's a must-have novel!

In 16th Century, Italy, 2 years have passed since Alessandra saw her time-travelling-cousin-from-the-future, Cat and since then she l
Cindi
I loved the 1st book, but I think I loved this one even more. I got 2 couples to swoon over! Austin's a new book boyfriend for sure. If you're looking for a fun flirty read with cute boys & time travel (and who isn't?) this is the book for you.
Amy Fournier
I totally loved this book!! I loved Alessandra in the first book, so I was so excited she was getting her own book, and in the twenty-first century with Cat!! This one was every bit as magical and enchanting as the first one, and I loved every bit of it! Not only did I love Cat and Alessandra even more, I adored getting to know Austin, and Lucas too. This was a book that was easy to get lost in and imagine what it would be like to have my own gypsy adventure.

Alessandra is from the sixteenth cent
Kayleigh {K-Books}
A Tale of Two Centuries Review on K-Books

"I do see the real you, Alessandra. And I think I'm falling for the girl I see."

Right from the moment I finished the first installment in this series I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. For one who really doesn't like historical novels I adore this series. Rachel Harris really does the impossible in this series and makes a unlikely genre for YA fiction into a must-read series.

Alessandra hasn't been the same since her cousin Cat barged into her
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I read and enjoyed the first book in this duet- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century while back. I knew at that point Rachel Harris was talented, and that I'd better continue to pick up her books as I suspected she'd only get better with time.

Boy, was I right. I was lucky enough to win this copy in a twitter giveaway. A Tale of Two Centuries takes place a bit after the first book-- and what's wonderful about this book (and I'm enjoying this new trend in YA quite a bit) is that it's a companion novel
Jen
Aug 01, 2013 Jen added it
Such a fun book!

Cat's cousin Alessandra completely won my heart in My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century. She's innately sweet and incredibly loyal. A character like that might sound dull, but I found her endearing and charming. In A Tale of Two Centuries, she's also funny -- okay, sometimes unintentionally funny -- as she tries to puzzle out some of the weirder aspects of 21st century life, like our clothing, slang, and popular culture.

When Alessandra enrolls in Cat's Hollywood high school, she mee
Jana (The Book Goddess)
As some of you know from last year the first book My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century was on my Top 3 books of 2012 and that I've read it at least three times already. If that doesn't show how much I love it, then I don't know what will! :P So of course I was dying to read this as it's about Cat's awesome cousin Alessandra and a bad boy! I was bound to love this book. And you know what? I did. I DEVOURED THIS BOOK.

Alessandra is the type of girl I'd be friends with. She's old-fashioned in an adorab
Vendea
No a co, že to asi bylo jedno velké klišé, Less se přizpůsobila moc rychle moderním technologiím a prostě tohle. Pro mě to přišlo v dokonalou chvíli a Less a Austin byli spolu úžasní.

4.5/5*
Eva B.M.
Oct 11, 2012 Eva B.M. marked it as to-read
The first was sweet and it's ending leaved you with many questions. I'm really eager to know the plot of this one :D
Molli Moran
Dec 03, 2014 Molli Moran marked it as ongoing-series
JUNE of 2013? BUT I WANT IT NOWWWWW. *sulks*
♫Julie♪
review to come.
Natalia
3 stars
Much like its predecessor My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, the second installment in this series is a nice and easy time-travel read. It is always the characters that make or break a book for me, and as far as female protagonists go, Alessandra was a good one. A sweet and innocent girl from 16th century, she didn't have Cat's sassiness or sense of humor, but I think I actually enjoyed her more as a MC. But it was funny to watch how she acclimated herself to our modern world and got used
Meredith
Rachel Harris has written a touching and heartwarming love story with this sequel to My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century. It is beautifully written, both vivid and descriptive. Alessandra's voice feels authentic, making the reader feel as if they truly have time-traveled to the sixteenth century.

Alessandra is everything you can possibly want in a main character. She is a proper young lady who yearns for more, but feels trapped in her own time. She wants "passion, equality and freedom," all the thi
Jenna (Bookiemoji)
Full review available on my blog, Jenna Does Books.

A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES by Rachel Harris is the perfect escape novel for fans of time travel, swoon-worthy romance, brilliant plotting… and just about everything else that makes for an amazing story. In this second installment in her Super Sweet series about time traveling teens, Rachel has managed to take everything good about the first book, My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, and with it she has woven an even more romantic and well-fleshed ou
Paula Stokes
I was lucky enough to be approached to blurb this book under my historical pen name, Fiona Paul.

At first I was like, "Are you sure you mean me?" Because clearly book-blurbing is a professional endeavor for serious authors and I spend a lot of time still feeling like a fumbling writer-wannabe, much the same way I've had my own apartment for 15 years but still often feel like my parents went on vacation and left me home alone ;)

She said she meant me. But then she didn't send the file. And I was li
Jessica (Lovin' Los Libros)
Where do I even start? I first saw this book quite some time ago (I think it was when the cover was first revealed) and I instantly fell in love. I loved the cover, but even more- I LOVED the blurb! All of my favorite elements are in this book: Time travel, magic, Italy, romance, and a hot surfer boy just to name a few. This book is absolutely a bunch of preciousness. Seriously I absolutely adored it. I am so proud to be on Rachel's FlirtSquad because I love helping promote her awesomeness. I al ...more
Rachel

This magnificent story leaves me metaphorically with a delighted smile and eyes that are shaped like hearts. These hearts relate my love for this beautiful story.

Less was my favorite character from the first book and remains so. I enjoyed seeing her grow, not just in confidence, but also in knowing what she really wants and becoming fully proud of her identity. I love our connection becoming joyful and separate from the world while acting.

“You will always have me. [ … ] It matters not whether I’
Leigh Collazo

More reviews at Mrs. ReaderPants.

REVIEW: Boy, am I on a roll with my books lately! The last four or five books I've read have been absolutely fantastic, and A Tale of Two Centuries is no exception. I read this one in one sitting! While for me, it isn't as cute as the first one, I appreciate that these are two separate stories and that Alessandra's story is not the same as Cat's.

There are a LOT of funny moments concerning the way Alessandra reacts to the modern world's clothing, noise, transport
Evelin
To bolo strašne milé 8D Na začiatku som cítila, že to je pre mladších, ale od stredu a hlavne koniec bol taký romantický a naivný a sladký, že som sa neustále usmievala a vôbec mi nevadilo, že to je také presladené 8D Bolo to veľmi milé a romantické a aj keď tam cítiť niektoré dialógy ako veľmi jednoduché a pre -násťročné dievčatá, veľmi ľahko sa to číta, má to dobrý dej aj postavy, flirty a humor a páčilo sa mi to viac ako 1. diel. Darmo, Alessandra bola mojou obľúbenkyňou už v 1tke, ale tu mal ...more
Peggy
Waiting is torture!!! Loved Super Sweet!
Ashley Ferguson
When I got this book, I totally missed the part about it being a sequel. I was prepared to be so confused and have to put it aside until I could go read the first book in the series. Luckily though, this wasn't the case! Without knowing any of the characters or the back story, I was still able to figure out the important information and thoroughly enjoy the book.

I loved all of the characters in this book. Everyone was so real, and even though Alessandra seems out of place in the 21st century, I
Paige Bradish
I received an e-ARC of A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris from the publisher, and this is my honest review.

I can’t even begin to tell you how anticipated this sequel was for me. I read the first book My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century and adored it until the end. So you can imagine how excited I was to get this book and start reading! In book two we have the privilege of following Alessandra on her journey to the future (for her) America.

What can I say about this book other that it was pure
Ashley
**I was given an ARC of this book by Entangled Teen in exchange for an honest review.**

Another fabulous Rachel Harris book! I am in love with this series. If you haven't read My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century yet, do it! Then grab a copy of A Tale of Two Centuries and settle in for another exciting, time-traveling ride.

I love Less and Austin, both individually and together! And of course it's fantastic to still be able to see what's going on with Cat and Lucas. :-)

As we know from My Super Sweet S
Nayab
I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! In-depth review to come ;)

EDIT:

Thoughts:

Even though the title implies a light, fun read it is so much more than just that… Whatever I went in to this book expecting, it wasn’t this… This mixture of light-heartedness and intensity, funny yet with sometimes serious undertones…

I’m gonna take a moment to gush over the title of not only this book but the first one too, I love the them! (If you hadn’t already guessed ;])… I’ll let you in on a little secret… Other than the titl
  • Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Definitely, Maybe in Love (Definitely Maybe, #1)
  • Astarte's Wrath (Kythan Guardians)
  • Taste Test
  • Short Stories
  • Visited
  • Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy, #2)
  • Second Chance Ranch (Hope Springs, #1)
  • Invisible (Smith High, #2)
  • Twelve Steps
  • The Last Knight (Pendragon, #1)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Pie Girls
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • Til Death (Fractured Souls, #1)
  • Tributary (River of Time, #3.2)
  • The Twilight Kingdom (Feyland, #3)
New York Times bestselling author Rachel Harris writes humorous love stories about sassy girls next door and the hot guys that make them swoon. Emotion, vibrant settings, and strong relationships are a staple in each of her books...and kissing. Lots of kissing.

An admitted Diet Mountain Dew addict and homeschool mom, she gets through each day by laughing at herself, hugging her kids, and watching
More about Rachel Harris...

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (3 books)
  • My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending, #1) My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1) Taste the Heat (Love and Games, #1) Accidentally Married on Purpose (Love and Games, #3) Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2)

“I am not without fear, but courage is taking action despite the fear. Knowing what you want, what you are meant to do, and proceeding despite any knots in your stomach or rocks stuck in your throat. It is walking boldly into the unknown with your chin held high... even if it quivers.” 0 likes