Start by marking “The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)

The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse #2)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,942 Ratings  ·  972 Reviews
After setting out to break the curse that binds them together, the pirate Ananna and the assassin Naji find themselves stranded on an enchanted island in the north with nothing but a sword, their wits, and the secret to breaking the curse: complete three impossible tasks. With the help of their friend Marjani and a rather unusual ally, Ananna and Naji make their way south ...more
Published June 18th 2013 by Strange Chemistry

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate's Wish, please sign up.

Venus Heidari "She had dark brown skin and wore her hair in locks that she tied back with a piece of silk ribbon."
The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose ClarkeThe Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose ClarkeStolen Songbird by Danielle L. JensenThe Holders by Julianna ScottPantomime by Laura Lam
Strange Chemistry Titles
2nd out of 37 books — 161 voters
Unravel Me by Tahereh MafiThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiScarlet by Marissa MeyerProdigy by Marie LuEverbound by Brodi Ashton
2013 YA/MG Sequels
30th out of 111 books — 822 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel E. Carter
May 13, 2015 Rachel E. Carter rated it it was amazing
It’s a love story. It’s not a love story. It’s… oh, who cares what it is, it was beautiful.

Thank you Cassandra Clarke.

Now. Let me praise you for taking this creepy beastling (thank you Merlin on BBC for this nightmare):

description

And turning her into this:

description

The manticore is now my favorite fantasy sidekick of all time, second only to Lord Rikash the Stormwing (from Tamora Pierce’s Wild Magic series).
There was even more action, adventure, and general awesomeness. And I fell for Naji after all. Even though I s
Catie
Above all else, this is a pretty satisfying conclusion to a story that began not so long ago with one runaway pirate bride on a camel. I thought I would have to wait a whole year to find out how the dreaded Assassin’s Curse was dealt with, but lo – the internet is generous to me. I read this book in about four noncontiguous hours of metro riding and would have happily holed up with it somewhere if I’d had the chance. It was a quick, enjoyable read. However, this second installment was not as enj ...more
Maureen
Mar 25, 2015 Maureen rated it really liked it
3.75/5 stars
I really really enjoyed this Duology. It's not without its problems and issues, but overall it was wonderful!
Navessa
Apr 26, 2013 Navessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fun, fantasy, arc
I enjoyed this book. I enjoyed this book IMMENSELY.

You know a book is good when you try to think of how to do it justice in a review and all you can come up with is something like this:

Since I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review I’ll try to abstain from that and use actual words to describe its epicness.

The first book, The Assassin's Curse, ends with our main character, Ananna, stranded on the spooky, mist shrouded Isles of the Sky with Naji, the perma-grumpy assassin forced to p
Giulia (Jun)
You people! Yes, I am back.

description

It is finally time for me to review The Pirate's Wish. I cannot hide that I was a teeny tiny bit disappointed in this book: while it was still highly enjoyable, it lacked that extra something that made me love The Assassin's Curse so much. And yet, this duology is definitely what I would recommend for an entertaining and engaging read, and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Clarke's work.
This series reminded me slightly of the Ruby Red trilogy, probably because of
Kaya
Feb 05, 2016 Kaya rated it it was ok
So disappointing. I was convinced that after the Assassin's Curse, which had so much potential, the story would only go upwards. I was painfully wrong. The plot was resolved ridiculously easy and the relationship was absurdly forced. And why is no one talking about the mental abuse Naji had suffered from Ananna?

There are boons/wishes granted, few pirate fights, manticore royalty, gay queens, a lot of unnecessary teenage angst, whining, oh and also they're trying to break three curses but it does
Katie
May 08, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
The Assassin's Curse was one of my favorite books I read last year. It blew me away with its originality and creativity, and it had me wishing there were pirates and assassins in every YA high fantasy. So when Strange Chemistry emailed me about digital copies of The Pirate's Wish on NetGalley, I freaked out. I NEEDED this book to be good. And it so was!

Cassandra Rose Clarke has written two books that are crazy original. A lot of high fantasy (specifically in YA) is really similar - medieval-esqu
Keertana
Apr 05, 2013 Keertana rated it liked it
Rating: 2.5 Stars

It seems to be a trend this year that every series finale disappoints me, in one way or another. As such, it was probably foolish of me to expect any better from The Pirate's Wish, but I did. I had high expectations for this novel - very high expectations - and while I certainly enjoyed the quick read it provided, it isn't the memorable novel that its predecessor was. And, frankly, I think this conclusion could have been better - a lot better - but I suspect that those thoughts
Norah Una Sumner
4,5 stars

Who would've guessed that I'm going to love this book so much? Yes,it had many flaws but I don't know...I just really felt the pain the characters where in and the story was really interesting.I kind of got really attached to Ananna,even though I didn't like her that much in the first part of this duology.Marjani and the Manticore were fantastic supporting characters and I loved Ananna's parents too.I love the way Naji is portrayed - he still wants to be accepted and to have someone who
Jasprit
Cover update! Isn't it gorgeous?

Mel
I forgot to review this so I will do it while this is still fresh in my mind.

I am so in love with this duology. I just adored it dearly. The writing in this one felt easier and better than in the first book but man oh man I love this series!!
I just have nothing more to say honestly it's such a fun action packed series about a pirate and an assassin.

4 stars only though because I don't like how convenient the resolution to this story was. (view spoiler)
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
While I wasn’t the biggest fan of The Assassin’s Curse, not even close, I was still very much looking forward to The Pirate’s Wish. If there’s one thing I admire about Clarke, it’s that you never know what to expect with one of her books. She takes risks and they usually pay off.

Compared to The Assassin’s Curse, The Pirate’s Wish showed significant improvement in narrative structure. While the first book started had a promising start, only to flatline after the first few scenes, The Assassin’s
Ava Oceana
Jan 23, 2013 Ava Oceana marked it as to-read
Together, Naji and Ananna must break the curse, escape their enemies — and come to terms with their growing romantic attraction.

EXCUSE ME.

What 'romantic tension' are you talking about?

Ananna and Naji never even had any in the first place. I have more sexual tension with my fish.

I still want to read this, though.
Cee (The Mistress Case)
Assassins aren't scared of gifsa review for pure fun by Cee

Ananna played by Rachel Weisz

- I thought about The Mummy a lot because of the desert in The Assassin's Curse. The Pirate's Wish is more about the ships and sea. Real pirate stuff.

- The difference between Eve and Ananna is that Eve is totally badass.

Naji played by Sebastain Stan

- I kept picturing the Winter Soldier as Naji haha

- THE MASK. THE MASK.

Even though there is more of this . . .

. . . there is also more of this.

My favorite chara
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Jan 24, 2015 Catriona (LittleBookOwl) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I plan on doing a series review! AHHHHH it was so good!
Stuti (Turmeric isn't your friend. It will fly your ship
Warning: Many teasers in the review.

I have some very conflicting feelings about this book. The rational side of my mind says,"That is so expended" but the reader in me snarls back in contempt,"That's what makes it so awesomesauce. Using so many cliches and still managing to produce a very, very fine book is the mark of some fairly clever author skills."

And my final verdict is to kick out the annoying rational side. I did have problems with this book but nothing that thirteen hours deep sleep an
Maxi  ♥
Feb 12, 2016 Maxi ♥ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fan of action & pirates
Shelves: own-and-read, 2015
*3.5 stars*

Ugh, I wanted more. This book had the same problems of the first one (don't want to repeat myself, here's the review) but I ended up enjoying the story a little bit more.
The ending wasn't totally satisfying (let's say the whole book wasn't totally satisfying), I wanted an epilogue or something like that. Like "10 years later...". I wanted MORE.
More Ananna. More Naji. More adventures.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Experiment BL626
CAUTION: spoilers

Book 2 wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be after reading a negative review. Make no mistake. The book was bad, but it was not insufferably bad. I credit my endurance to my love of manga.

+ the characters

Ananna was a complete brat. I went from liking her in book 1 to hating her in book 2 in one second. She showed no appreciation for the food Naji brought to her, the concern he showed for her, or protection he provided for her. She whined about everything. She threw a tantrum vi
Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri}
I should have expected this book to be bad. It's not like I ever love sequels or the final book in a series as much as I love the first book. They're often not worth the wait in any shape or fashion. But for some crazy and illogical reason, I did expect THE PIRATE'S WISH to be as enjoyable as THE ASSASSIN'S CURSE, if not even better. Instead, it failed me in many aspects.

The story takes place only a few days after the events of THE PIRATE'S CURSE leaving our favorite heroes on the island, trying
Elena
Nov 30, 2014 Elena rated it really liked it
Quick thoughts:

Ahhhh I didn't want this to end! :(
Having read so many raving reviews about this book I had reasonably high expectations and they were DEFINITELY met!
This second and sadly (but at the same time fortunately!) last installment was fantastic!
The characters were, again, hilarious and their story was downright entertaining.
I couldn't put this book down!
Denisse
Aug 05, 2015 Denisse rated it really liked it
So fun. Loved the ending. ;)

No tengo mucho que decir salvo que me gusto. No perdió el sentido de aventura del primero y la interacción Ananna-Naji fue mucho mejor!

El final fue muy bonito aunque algo extraño.Y se lee muy rápido y la historia fluye correctamente.

Recomendada la duologia para quienes quieren leer algo ligero pero bueno y con un toque mágico.
Eunice Moral
Jan 17, 2016 Eunice Moral rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
It’s like eating a stuffed-crust pizza, every bit of it is soooooo good.

I started reading The Pirate’s Wish with the smallest of expectation. The first book the Assassin’s Curse left me welling up with too much frustration over the male protagonist – Naji. I could very well remember how my eyes rolled so much. He needs to redeem himself on book 2 or else I will definitely lose it. So I approached this second book with trepidation, cautious enough to not let the actions of Naji affect me. Surp
Jessie

Actual rating: 2.5 stars

Spoilers below.

Ananna:
Unfortunately, she was pretty annoying in this book. What happened to her? All she thinks about is Naji, and I'm freaking tired of it. What's up with the sudden "I love you"s? I thought she only *liked* him in TAC. Ugh. Despite that, she kept on whining about loads of stuff, for example, Naji doesn't love me back, Marjani should be asking about the starstones, Naji doesn't want me, Naji this, Naji that, it's getting old. I really really couldn't st
Dec 09, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much better than the first in the series! Things I loved:
-lesbian couple
-discussion of women's ability to please herself with out a man (sexually, but also just in general)
-more romance/chemistry between the two main characters
-more excitement/action

The ending was a little bitter sweet but completely plausible and just generally a nice closing to the story. If you read The Assassin's Curse and thought "meh", I urge you to continue with the one!
inga
The Pirate's Wish was one of my most anticipated reads of 2013. And I'm thrilled to say, it did not disappoint and was everything and more than I had hoped it would be.

A novel can pretty much rise and fall for me depending on my relationship with the main characters. Do I like them? Can I sympathize with them? Do I relate to them? Do they get to me?
Considering Ananna is a pirate, and I love pirates (in fiction) to death, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. To be honest, I was a little unde
Julia Graf
Jul 30, 2013 Julia Graf rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad this was only 2 books, I somehow thought it would be a trilogy! I didn't want it to end. I fell in love with both the characters, and the really imaginative story, full of fantasy and unique worlds and ideas. It was anything but cliché. The ending was both sad, but also fitting - I liked how it ended! Just wish there was more now.
Irini Pavlou
Mar 28, 2016 Irini Pavlou rated it really liked it
4/5

The second book of The Assassin's Curse was so much better in my opinion. Unrequited love, weird enormous cats, female pirate in love with a princess, impossible tasks!!!
YES, sign me up because it is a pirate adventure I'm going to!
Lainey
Feb 26, 2016 Lainey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed the first one. This one was even better than the first. I really wished it wasn't a duology because even if this is a complete story, you can totally see this world/story/characters continuing on into a bigger series. It's so great.
Allison
The Pirate’s Wish was definitely an improvement on the first book. I discovered at the end that this was actually written as one book and split in two for publishing. I believe it would have helped me to know that at the beginning, and this duology should really be read as one book because not much effort was made to bring closure to the first part.

Overall, I ended up liking the story even though I was frustrated with much of the first book. The second part had a lot more action and real advent
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
This duology is definitely different then anything I've ever read, and I say that in a good way!! I wish it wasn't over though, I want more from this world!

Rating And Revuew To COme...
  • Control (Shift, #2)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Deadly Games (The Emperor's Edge, #3)
  • Vessel
  • Shadowplay (Micah Grey, #2)
  • The Woken Gods
  • The Cadet of Tildor
  • Zenn Scarlett (Zenn Scarlett, #1)
  • Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Raven Flight (Shadowfell, #2)
  • The Deepest Night (The Sweetest Dark, #2)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • Between Two Thorns (The Split Worlds, #1)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • Poison
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Emilie and the Hollow World (Emilie, #1)
5331983
Cassandra Rose Clarke is a speculative fiction writer living amongst the beige stucco and overgrown pecan trees of Houston, Texas. She graduated in 2006 from The University of St. Thomas with a bachelor’s degree in English, and in 2008 she completed her master’s degree in creative writing at The University of Texas at Austin. Both of these degrees have served her surprisingly well.

During the summe
More about Cassandra Rose Clarke...

The Assassin's Curse (2 books)
  • The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse, #1)

“For the first time, I understood the difference between leaving and not staying. It was the difference between a snarl and a smile.” 15 likes
“That don't make sense."
"Of course not," he said. "It's magic.”
12 likes