Start by marking “Night of the Cougar” as Want to Read:
Night of the Cougar

Night of the Cougar

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Reporter Jamie Morrison got the scoop of a lifetime when she snagged a meeting with bestselling author Galen Hawke, but their rendezvous didn't end with an interview. Their immediate attraction led to a wicked night together and a plan to meet again—until an accident left Galen changed forever….

Now, one year later, Jamie is sent to interview Galen once more. When a snowsto
Published June 1st 2012 by Harlequin Nocturne Cravings (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Cougar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Cougar

Michelle
A thoroughably enjoyable paranormal romance novella. Rather than the usual short action packed novella this was slower paced and passion filled, a nice change of pace from what I've been reading lately and I needed it.

I had planned to read a chapter or two before going to sleep but I kept going until I was finished despite how tired I was, a mark of a good story! :)

Beautiful cover too but then I LOVE big cat shifters...
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

I really like Ms. Caridad’s short stories. For the length of this short book, she provided just the right amount of romance and hot scenes.

Jamie Morrison, a local news reporter, is assigned to interview a popular, handsome, ex-cop now successful author, Galen Hawke. Instant attraction was obvious between Jamie and Galen. And adults that they are, they had acted on that attraction. A simple interview ended up a one-night stand. Unfortunately, that
Visionary

I am no stranger to Caridad's work, and I won this book in audible (they did NOT have that option on here); however this is my first shifter romance by her.

This is my first foray in audible, and I must admit that it was an odd, strange experience; especially on hearing the sex scenes out loud. It took me a bit to stop giggling like a teen with certain words, amazed how neutral the narrative sounded.

The narrator tried to differentiate between Galen and Jamie. She managed to lower her voice, to
Larena
Jamie Morrison is a reporter that managed to get the story of a lifetime when she managed to get an interview with bestselling author Galen Hawke. What she never expected was the intense attraction between them. After one night together they made plans to get together again. That all changed when Galen was in an accident.

Galen Hawke was changed after his accident to the extent he never made his meeting with Jamie. Now she is back. Locked together in his mountain lodge because of a snowstorm the
Franjessca
Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I was looking for a short, steamy read that could perk me up last week when I was doing college finals. I definitely found it in "Night of the Cougar" by Caridad Pineiro. This book helped me get out of my reading funk thanks to Biology and Math exams.

Reporter Jaime Morrison is sent to interview Galen who is a best selling author. She ends up not only getting an interview, but a night of passion from the sexy author. After a year, of not seeing him, she is sent
Ana
Lisa Annesley
Reporter Jamie and author Galen spend a scorching night together. But Galen is a tormented soul who ends up being attacked by a cougar shifter. A year later Jamie arrives at his mountain retreat to get an interview with him, and becomes snowed in with the animal inside Galen that he can't control. All they want is to be together, but how can they possibly have a happily-ever-after?

I liked Jamie and Galen, Galen was hot, and so was the story. Recommended for a quick, scorching read. You can't go
Rosemary K
I love the characters of Jamie, the hard hitting reporter, and Galen, the successful novelist. 'Night of the Cougar' tells their story. They are destined to be together but Galen is determined to protect Jamie from the fact that he has become a shifter. When an intense blizzard isolates them, they are forced to confront these truths. Even though Galen is now a were-cougar, they find a way to have a life together. My only complaint, the story ended too soon. I wanted more.
Darcy
I thought this one was ok. I wish that there would have been more to the story because it seemed like there was a lot missing, especially considering there is a year from the start of the story to the end of it.
Kelley
A little more story to this one than the previous Nocturne Craving book I read by this author but it is still more sex than story, which I don't particularly care for.
Joyce
This was a good one for the short stories. Not for the faint hearted as it is a HOT read. But well done
Booklover baker
Booklover baker marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Kathi
Kathi marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Apr 01, 2015
Blissfulbernie
Blissfulbernie marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Caridad Pineiro is a Jersey Girl who just wants to write, travel, and spend more time with family and friends. Caridad is the author of nearly 50 novels/novellas and loves romance novels, super heroes, TV and cooking. Caridad writes dark and sexy romantic suspense and paranormal romances for those who live to love on the edge. Her sweet, but still naughty side, Ch ...more
More about Caridad Piñeiro...
Sins of the Flesh (Sin Hunters #1) The Lost (Sin Hunters, #3) Stronger than Sin (Sins Hunters, #2) Darkness Calls (The Calling, #1) Blood Calls (The Calling #6)