Start by marking “The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)

The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass 0.4)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  12,552 Ratings  ·  764 Reviews
When the King of the Assassins gives Celaena Sardothien a special assignment that will help fight slavery in the kingdom, she jumps at the chance to strike a blow against an evil practice. The mission is a dark and deadly affair which takes Celaena from the rooftops of the city to the bottom of the sewer--and she doesn't like what she finds there.
Published May 1st 2012 by Bloomsbury

Booknut
Oct 19, 2012 Booknut rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Sam...is such...a CUTIE!! I'm officially in love *swoon* B-but when I remember that he's not in Throne of Glass:

Pearl Angeli
Sep 19, 2015 Pearl Angeli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
I just can’t stop admiring Sarah J. Maas. The series of novella in The Assassin’s Blade keeps getting better and better. More action, more intrigue– The Assassin and the Underworld made me speechless! Sarah J. Maas made such a raw and powerful job in this novella.

I felt so many emotions while reading this. I felt sad, thrilled, excited, anxious, angry, swooning– everything. I’ve never felt these mixed emotions in a long while but in this novella, I experienced such a ride. I didn’t expect to hat
Veronica
Apr 25, 2014 Veronica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* I don't care if these are just novellas, these are just as great as the actual novels and if you at all felt any inkling of love towards the Throne of Glass series, then by Gods, what are you waiting for!? *

I've gone and done it guys. I've gone and done the stupidest thing of all things stupid. I've fallen for Sam.

I should know better, I really should....

Why did I fall in love with Sam's character when I know their story arc is doomed...

WHY!?!?!?

As a general rule, I don't usually give novell
Nicole
Dorian?
Chaol?
PFFTTT SCREW YOU
SAM KICKED YOU ASSES.
They'll never reach him.
He's so adorable and cute and lovely and...
Can't believe his destiny!!!!!

And Celaena, come on!! I liked you because one don't have to shout look behind you all the time!
I thought you were smarter than that, we all saw it coming.
Well, except for you.
Cait • A Page With A View
I am not emotionally prepared for what's coming. Can't it just end here with the happiness with Sam?!?!

Ughh at this point it's honestly shocking Celaena isn't even more hell-bent on revenge in future books. :(
Dec 08, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, novella, 2014
Shit shit shit. I hate Arobynn. I HATE him. He needs to die. Oh god, I hope Celaena gets to kill him in book 4. Please please pleaaase.

I don't think I can read the last story. I really don't want to go through that. I'm sure it'll be even worse than I expect it to be because.. god knows what horrible revenge Arobynn has planned for them. Ughhh.
Chantal
Mar 30, 2016 Chantal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"So, we're free"
E Chantal piange.
Suzan
Mar 22, 2016 Suzan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just have one thing to say, Sam is AMAZING :D
Grace (LovingDemBooks)
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I AM NO LONGER TEAM DORIAN OR CHAOL. I AM TEAM SAM AND WILL ALWAYS BE. TOO BAD HE'S DEAD.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating i
Carolina Carriço
Apr 07, 2016 Carolina Carriço rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
Sam Cortland I'm not ready to say goodbye. Not now. It's too soon. Give me more. Please.
Rache
yes yes yes yes yes yes. I may be shipping this more than Dorian and Celaena. NO REGRETS
Marga
"In the silence of her bedroom, she swore an oath to the moonlight that if Sam were hurt, no force in the world would her back from slaughtering everyone responsible."

I think this is the best novella so far. I still have to read the last one but this.. This made me love Sam a whole lot. I can't convey enough how much my heart hurts now..

"The moment I woke up after he beat me, I realized I have to leave. Because I was going to kill him if I didn't. But I couldn't." He studied her face. "Not
Tiffany
Nov 18, 2015 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Knowing what happens to Celaena, and what happens to Sam, it is getting increasingly harder for me to read on. I'm just getting more and more sad over what Arobynn does, and more and more sad that I like Sam so much.

This novella was very dramatic. The way that Arobynn attempts to make it up to Celaena, hearing about what had happened with Sam's punishment, and the betrayals and close calls with death...

Sam swore violently and began yanking on the grate cover again. "Come on," he whispered, mor
Claudia
Oct 31, 2015 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
5 cuoricini

Niente stelline, cuoricini!
Cuoricini per il mio Sam *.*
Perché lui è puccio e bello e forte e valoroso e ancora puccio!
E io lo amo.

Ora però dovreste darmi un valido motivo per leggere l'ultimissimo racconto e rovinare così il mio stato di beatitudine.
Non lo voglio il libro, non lo voglio! Non voglio dovermi innamorare di nuovi personaggi...io voglio SAAAAM!

"Cerca di non macchiarle di lacrime mentre suoni. Non sai quanta gente ho dovute corrompere per averle."
Si lasciò cadere
Reddish
Jul 28, 2014 Reddish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“—¿Cómo os llamáis? —le preguntó él por encima del estrépito de la música.
Celaena se acercó al joven.
—Me llamo viento —susurró—. Y lluvia. Y huesos y polvo. Me llamo fragmento de una canción medio olvidada.“
•Anna•
Sep 18, 2013 •Anna• rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scuotere ripetutamente Celaena e urlarle, quasi con rabbia, di amarla.
Non c'è storia!

La migliore dichiarazione del mondo.
Karina
Aug 18, 2015 Karina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella was what made me hate Arobynn the way that I do.
I cannot wait to see how Celaena ruins him.
Veronica
Mar 11, 2016 Veronica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Arobynn Hamel, son of a bitch!
✔Jasmine✔
Sep 28, 2015 ✔Jasmine✔ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love Sam Cortland.
I'm debating over whether I should give this book 4/5 stars or 3.5 instead for the following reasons.

Overall, I think the whole Underworld story was a con game. It was completely a trap for both Sam/Celaena and me! I HATE AROBYNN HAMEL SO MUCH THAT I THINK I'M GOING TO LOATHE HIS PRESENCE IF I SEE HIM IN THE SEQUELS. Ahh...I've never thought he disgusted me so badly like this. He was the most deceitful, dishonest, and snobbish person I've ever seen. What's worse, he had been torturing Sam by bea
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
4.5 STARS

The relationship between Celaena and Sam that develops here just warms my fangirl heart. So of course I’m on high alert for something terrible to happen.

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/ as part of my full review for Assassin's Blade
Christina (Christina's Book Corner)
Evey
For an unknown reason, I don't really care about Celaena anymore. In fact, I wouldn't mind if someone killed her. We're constantly reminded about how kickass she is, and how smart, but she doesn't show it off. More like the contrary. Still, Sam saves the day. Or the novella, in this case.
Alex
Dec 09, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fino ad ora il mio racconto preferito.
Sam che si dichiara con rabbia ed amore... É la dolcezza in persona!
Celaena in questo racconto é perfetta: determinata, spietata, fragile e intensa.
Arobynn sei un bastardo della peggior specie ~.~
La Maas scrive divinamente ;)
Alessandra
Sam = l'amore.
Anche se questo lieto fine.... mi sembra mooolto strano.... aspetto la fregatura nell'ultima novella... Ti aspetto al varco Sarah. u_u
ajia
Nov 04, 2012 ajia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love Sam and Celaena so much! they are so cute together <3
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
The Assassin and the Underworld follows Celaena on one of her assignments.

After returning from the Red Desert, our girl (see? I like her so much that she's our girl now) is showered with gifts by Arobynn Hamel, the King of the Assassins. He even gives her a job where she has to take out two targets who deal with slavery. So far so good. Just that things are rarely that simple.

description
Why, Arobynn? He makes my skin crawl. I despise him completely. And what I hate even more, Sarah J. Maas, is that I don
Krispy
Jun 19, 2012 Krispy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, novella, fantasy
I was disappointed with this one, and it was my least favorite of the novellas, because it left me feeling very unsatisfied. I understand that the ending is meant to be a hard lesson learned by our heroine, but it just really felt like she lost out on this one - and a lot of it was her own fault. The way things went, it turned every advantage, every offensive action, that she finally had upon returning to Rifthold into something she had to use defensively. Non-spoilery analogy: it's like if you ...more
Alz
May 07, 2012 Alz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-mg, fantasy
The previous two novells I rated 2 stars because they were okay, ultimately marred by the fact that Celaena is annoyingly bratty and constantly prating about how she's Adarlan's Assassin and the best of the best, claims that are never really supported by what happens in the story--i.e., she seems like an okay-ish assassin, but hardly the Super Amazing Badass Assassin of Doom of her reputation. Another problem is that the plots are (even for novellas) extremely straightforward and predictable to ...more
Elisabeth Wheatley
Awesome! I didn't get a lot of work done yesterday because I was sucked into this story. (Good thing I'd already got my school projects done ; ) I read the snippet for Throne of Glass, so I was worried sick that something would happen to Sam.

The worst thing about this book was how it ended. I am now neurotic because this book doesn't explain how Celaena ended up in the salt mines. Her being there means that some Horrible Event happened. Well, the Horrible Event that I was bracing myself for didn
Sara
Jul 28, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars.

In this novella more room is given to teen romance, but Sam and Celaena are both idiot and cute at the same time. So, there were just a few roll-eyes moments.
Actually, what has lowered my rating is the predictability of the plot. I was sure of how it would end from chapter 1. But overall, I still enjoyed the story.
Cameo 12 59 Dec 10, 2014 08:40PM
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • The Witch's Betrayal (The Assassin's Curse, 0.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Assassin Study (Study, #1.5)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too
More about Sarah J. Maas...

Throne of Glass (6 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Untitled (Throne of Glass, #6)

“Please don't go."
He let out an uneven breath. "You'll be fine without me. You always have been."
Maybe once, but not now. "How can I convince you to stay?"
"You can't."
She threw down the torch. "Do you want me to beg, is that it?"
"No-never."
"Then tell me-"
"What more can I say?" he exploded, his whisper rough and harsh "I’ve already told you everything—I’ve already told you that if I stay here, if I have to live with Arobynn, I'll snap his damned neck.”
“But why? Why can’t you let it go?”
He grabbed her shoulders and shook her. “Because I love you!”
Her mouth fell open.
“I love you,” he repeated, shaking her again. “I have for years. And he hurt you and made me watch because he’s always known how I felt, too. But if I asked you to pick, you’d choose Arobynn, and I. Can’t. Take. It.”
The only sounds were their breathing, an uneven beat against the rushing of the sewer river.
“You’re a damned idiot,” she breathed, grabbing the front of his tunic. “You’re a moron and an ass and a damned idiot.” He looked like she had hit him. But she went on, and grasped both sides of his face, "Because I'd pick you."
And then she kissed him.”
196 likes
“What's your name?" he asked above the roar of the music.

She leaned close. "My name is Wind," she whispered. "And Rain. And Bone and Dust. My name is a snippet of a half-remembered song."

He chuckled a low, delightful sound. She was drunk and silly, and so full of the glory of being young and alive and in the capital of the world that she could hardly contain herself.

"I have no name," she purred. "I am whoever the keepers of my fate tell me to be."

He grasped her by her wrist, running a thumb along the sensitive sknin underneath. "Then let me call you Mine for a dance or two.”
180 likes