Start by marking “Resurrected (The Vampire Journals, #9)” as Want to Read:
Resurrected (The Vampire Journals, #9)

Resurrected (The Vampire Journals #9)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  790 ratings  ·  50 reviews
16 year old Scarlet Paine finds herself changing in mysterious ways. She is becoming sensitive to light, able to read peoples’ thoughts, and is faster and stronger than she’s ever been. She doesn’t understand what’s happening to her, and tries to ignore it. But she can only dismiss it for so long.

Caitlin Paine, her mom, knows too well what’s happening to her daughter. She
Published December 29th 2013 by Morgan Rice (first published June 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Resurrected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurrected

Lucinda
*Spoilers*

Dramatic, exciting and fueled by electric tension you will be swept away by this spectacular Vampire novel!

I am so impressed by Morgan Rice’s Vampire novel, which was such a remarkable read it truly took my breath away. This is a book to certainly rival ‘Twilight’ and ‘The Vampire Diaries’ with being so fast-paced and action packed as to keep you on your toes, thinking ahead. The mixture of adventure and love is a perfect concoction amidst the supernatural genre, as I ended up readin
Pam Greving
First off let me say that if you haven't read the Vampire Journals series by Morgan Rice, you might want to before you start the Vampire Legacy series. Resurrected begins the spin-off series Vampire Legacy that came from Vampire Journals. However, Morgan Rice does a wonderful job at giving you the need-to-know information throughout Resurrected, if you choose not to read the Vampire Journals series first.

In Resurrected Morgan Rice starts out the book with it being Scarlet's 16th birthday. Her p
Sheyla ✎
Resurrected is the first book in the Vampire Legacy.

We meet a happy family. Mom is Caitlin, Dad is Caleb (nice name) and perfect daughter is Scarlet.
Everything is happy in this perfect family. They are all excited about Scarlet's sixteenth birthday. Caitlin has bought her daughter's favorite cake and will give her her grandmother's necklace as a gift. Scarlet surprises them by bringing Blake, her friend to their home. Everyone accepts this including her dad after a few comments. This will be the
Dirty Dayna
SERIOUSLY photo: Seriously Seriously.jpg
WHAT IN THE ...

Vampires = love
love=love
mystery=love

this = hate

i read some reviews that recommend i read the journals first so I will give them a try. it was a crazy quick read took about one hour to read cover to cover...it had great buildup but the end was just like ...thrown in there and left me going WHATTT too much
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I typically like these books, what with the errors being overlooked. But here I am going wtf was the point of this one? To learn that Scarlet is turning into a vampire again, to understand their new life? I don't think we needed to spend as much time on what they believed and what we, the audience, already knew. To see the change in Scarlett from this series vs the previous series it's sad to see that she is acting just like every other teen. And wtf we have immortals? Where did they come from? ...more
Eric
Jul 22, 2012 Eric rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young teens just getting into reading
Shelves: ebook, modern-fantasy
This book was not very impressive.

The writing is extremely simplistic, better for a twelve year old who hasn't read much in their life. There are numerous and frequent grammatical errors (overuse of hyphens, far too many uses of 'OMG' as a word, I could go on a while) that detract from what seems a very interesting story.

The book centers around a mother's worry and concern about her daughter transforming into a vampire. It is an interesting idea, but just when the story gets to the 'meat' of the
Cheryl
This book is a little odd and for MANY reasons...definitely not one of the greatest. I wouldn't say I disliked it but ok is giving too much credit. The father refers to the daughter as "her" (the mother)daughter rather than theirs, the mother even refered to the kid as "her" daughter rather than mine or my daughter, so now I begin to wonder who her is since the mother and father both refer to the kid as "her" daughter. When the kid shows up missing, Caitlin, the mother is in her own home, her fr ...more
Chrystal
UGH. SO NOT IMPRESSED. The only reason I'm giving this book two stars is because the mythology behind this series is intriguing. Otherwise, it's a bunch of crap. The main adult character has the personality of a teenager (if you can call limited character development and uninteresting personal bullshit "personality"). The main teen character is annoying. The story is short and unresolved. Cliff hangers only make sense when there is a slight sense of resolution by the end of the novel, people! Ot ...more
Theresa
This seems written for a slightly younger audience: high school. The grammer style is simpler. It's still an interesting story if you like teen angst and peer pressure. But not comparable to the parent series (no pun intended).

With Caitlin, Caleb and Scarlet unable to remember their past, the first order of business is to return it to them. Caitlin goes first with the aid of her diary which explains the purpose of the thing in the previous books.

Caleb starts as the perfect husband, then goes
Mounika Lakkakula
The book started as a better story,but it turned out to be a bit boring i between.Given to the fact that I loved Caleb in the past 8 books,watching the character turn into the kind i wouldn't like was a bit hard.But still it was a wonderful one as the cute little Scarlet turns to become a young girl and her potrayl is great....Getting to vampirism,it looked as if it was just the same repetition of first part...Then Blake and Sage...WOW!!SImply Wow...Nice narration and loved the introduction of S ...more
william  Goodrow
Resurrected

Resurrected

I enjoyed reading this next installment of the Vampire Journals. Again Morgan Rice has done it,kept me entranced with her writing.
Ariadne Elle
I stumbled across this due to the fact I found the second book first. Yes, it's a young adult series, highly compared to twilight. After reading it, the only comparison is the fact it's young adult and has a vampire in it.

The story involves an impossibly happy family that dissolves into the mystery of time travel, vampires, immortals and all the high school drama that exists. The author writes a good story. Her style is easy to read and follow along. She captures your attention and winds her ta
Claudia Benitez
another good book to a phenomenal series. Can't see what happens next.
Margarita
I've read it in about 60%, but I'm so done with this book! =(
Stacey
Maybe it didn't light my fire because I haven't read the Vampire Journals. (I didn't even know there were in existence until I read some of the other ratings on this page.) However, I found the writing to be a little murky. So may "don't know why's" and "didn't make sense's" in the first chapter alone that I wanted to bang my head against the desk. Just couldn't read it all. I always feel bad when I come along a book like that. It is like I feel guilty for not finishing it. Maybe I'll read the J ...more
Emily
Dec 05, 2014 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ya vamp fans
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Pretty good ya vamp romance.
Carly Krewitsky
Scarlet's mother was a vampire when she was younger, and managed to wipe out vampirism. She doesn't remember being a vampire. When she discovers an ancient book, she goes to her former professor, who explains that her daughter Scarlet is the last of the vampires. Scarlet's mother must kill her daughter to save mankind. However, she loves her daughter. When she tells people that Scarlet is a vampire, she's considered crazy by her husband, the police, and the doctor at the hospital.
Charlene
This was a quick read, however, I felt the story went nowhere. A great deal of the book was set up, or wasted rephrasing concepts in a slightly different manner. I wasn't able to get a handle on the characters or develop any kind of attachment to them. Though I read the book in it's entirety, I do not know why each character is important, what they are up against, or how the glazed over mythology applies to them. I do not plan to continue the series.
A'Sian Dotson
This was a good short book. I got it for free on my Kindle Fire. This book started out really good and had me wanting more. I haven't read any more in the series because I wish the arthurs of these novella would just make one big book instead of dragging it on forever at. 99 cents a pop. Pretty tired of that trend. I love the paranormal vampire romance novels just wish the books would be longer like the Twilight Saga.
Tiffany Zimmerman
I usually let a book speak for itself. Everyone likes their own thing, right? But this book was awful. Bloody awful! The writing was simplistic and boring, the errors glaring and the characters were unbelievable. Who in their right mind would tell anybody listening that their kid was a vampire? That's right....no one. I rarely tell people not to bother with a book but really....don't. It has no redeeming qualities.
Amy Softa
Ehh...It was okay for a short story intro to a series. Not really my cup of tea so I probably wont be reading the rest. Took a bit for me to get into and I really do prefer my vamps as the good guys, not monsters that need to be eradicated from the world (the only exception to that being Justin Cronin's series). Well written, but just never felt like I got to know the characters or cared about them.
Sandra Gonzalez
I recommend you wait for more of the series to come out before starting this. It ends abruptly with a cliffhanger as if this was only an episode in a tv series. I suspected as much when I saw how short it was. Oh, and it is a shoot-off of another series, so you may want to read Vampire Journals first. The beginning is full of spoilers. Skipping the prologue won't be enough to avoid them.
Jayme Short

I agree with everything Samantha said. I felt as if I were reading a book specifically written for a "tweenie". Of course, it probably was, however, in this day and age everyone of every age group loves a vampire story. I only started to enjoy it when the author switched to Scarlet's point of view. Caitlin seemed to be boring and overbearing. I hope CRAVED is a better read.
Martha
Nope. I didn't like it. I mean she starts changing randomly. Never noticed anything weird about her family AT ALL to be able to sense that something strange was afoot!? Scarlett must be THE worst observational character I've ever come across! Very Incredible that I didn't like this book. I usually at least like every vampire book I read but with this one *shrugs* guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Eya
A painful, convoluted, poorly-written mess. and the biggest problem is that it's an interesting idea; it's the execution that sucks just enough to make it barely readable. Read at your own peril and all.
I read this book because 1 it was available on ebooks from my library and 2 there was a lot of hype regarding this series. Boy oh boy was I unimpressed. Usually I'm not against a short book, but this one was too short. What happened in the book? Oh nothing. This was like a complete background of everything. I only give it two stars because it was an easy read.
Ramie
Didn't hate it, didn't love it. Parts of it could be really cool just not sure I want to wait for the library to get all of them or pay for what are really partial books. Not sure the could be good parts will pay off that much. Too many other books. Maybe when I am really bored and in need of a fast read I'll try the second and decide from there.
Hillary
Jul 29, 2013 Hillary marked it as to-read
So I went to Amazon.com and read the first few pages of this book. Is Morgan Rice 10 years old? Because that's the quality of the writing. I've read fanfiction by 16 year olds better than this. I swear to god, even *I* could write better. -.- Fuck, STEPHENIE MEYER writes better than this shit.
Gemma Mcvitie-birch
This was quite good in the beginning the same stuff was repeated about how grateful she was etc which was little dull i thought the concept itself was good ab can see a good story coming from it! There were a few typos that need to be fixed. will look to read the next one
Denise
I liked this book however I felt there was more background then real story. IF you are new to the story that is great however having read the Vampire Journls first I had alot of moments where I almost just left the book and skipped to the second one.
  • Touched (The Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • Sworn (Vampire Legends, #1)
  • Huntress (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.5)
  • Beautiful Sins: The Sacrifice (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #3)
  • Risen (The Witches of Santa Anna, #18)
  • The Vampire from Hell: The Beginning (The Vampire from Hell, #1)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow, #1)
  • Vampire in Distress (Family Blood Ties, #2)
  • Charmeine (The Light-Bearer, #1)
  • Fate (Timeless Trilogy #1)
  • Eternity
  • Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar, #1)
  • Silver (The Silver, #1)
  • Smoke and Magic (Hayle Coven Histories, #1)
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2)
  • Witchblood (Witchblood, #1)
Morgan is author of the #1 Bestselling THE SORCERER'S RING, a new epic fantasy series, currently comprising four books and counting, which has been translated into five languages.

Morgan Rice is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, a young adult series comprising eight books, which has been translated into six languages.

Morgan is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE LEGA
More about Morgan Rice...

The Vampire Journals (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)
  • Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)
  • Betrayed (The Vampire Journals, #3)
  • Destined (The Vampire Journals, #4)
  • Desired (The Vampire Journals #5)
  • Betrothed (The Vampire Journals, #6)
  • Vowed (The Vampire Journals, #7)
  • Found (The Vampire Journals, #8)
  • Craved (The Vampire Journals #10)
  • Fated (The Vampire Journals, #11)
A Quest of Heroes (The Sorcerer's Ring, #1) Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1) A Feast of Dragons (The Sorcerer's Ring, #3) Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2) A March of Kings (The Sorcerer's Ring, #2)