Start by marking “Domestic Relations” as Want to Read:
Domestic Relations

Domestic Relations

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Life has thrown a lot at Riley, most of it bad. But Riley is nothing if not stubborn, and though it left scars, he's managed to overcome the worst parts of his life. Not all of his problems are gone, but life is certainly better than it's ever been. Most of his strength and happiness is due to his boyfriend Josh, the best thing that life has given him, and Riley will do an ...more
Published September 5th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published September 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Domestic Relations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Domestic Relations

Natālija
Domestic Relations is a beautifully written story about love, trust, courage, forgiveness and new beginnings. I admire Ms. Klein's ability to create unforgettable characters and give them real, human flaws. I want to live with characters, I want to share their journey, and that's exactly what this book gave me. I loved it, from beginning to end, and I recommend it highly!
Smith Barney
Now this starts out smokin-hot..with an intriguing courtroom scene involving a very annoyed judge, two cock-sure attorneys pitted in a tense-verbal combat session against one another..culminating to one attorney headed to the slammer for contempt of court..and the other..cues our next scene..to his home indulging in jacking..washing his stress away..while unbeknownst to him..jailbird attorney #1 enters the shower behind him..resulting in sinuously decadent wet sex complimented with witty-passion ...more
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Becky Reviews Domestic Relations by K-lee Klein

REVIEW: Domestic Relations is the story of two gay lawyers who are in a relationship but one of them withholds deep, dark secrets from the other. This is about what happens when trust and courage are one-sided instead of shared.
When Riley has no choice but to either share his past and his secrets with Josh or lose Josh he continues to make the wrong decision until he realizes how much he really has to lose.
The
Lucy
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

Hmmm, difficult to decide what I truly thought of this book, because I liked Josh very much. I thought he was a solid, decent, loving character. He is trying his best, being forgiving (way too forgiving, really) and doing everything he can to stand beside his man. Which is where my issue with it comes in.

Riley has had a terrible childhood due to his father (we don’t really get the whole back story on that) and he is doing things now to stay out of the father’s
Sammy Goode
Sometimes we start down a path and realize that finishing the course of it may very well lose us the very things we set out to save. Riley has a terrible secret and his partner Josh knows that something is causing his lover’s life to unravel but can only hope that somehow Riley will trust him enough to come clean.

While Josh suspects everything from an affair to the possibility of Riley leaving him outright, he tenaciously hangs on and weathers the worst storm of their six year relationship. With
 ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
I love a broken character. It takes a lot of guts to leave a character flawed for the readers to see and mainly not see in a good light. Ms. Klein has done that with Riley James.

Riley has been keeping secrets of his past from his partner Josh. Not telling Josh the whole truth of his life is coming to bite him in the butt when his abusive father returns. In keeping his secrets, Riley has been able to keep his grandmother safe.

Josh has noticed the strain Riley is under. He watches the man he lov
There was not much going on in the plot. All the background stuff was quickly woven in. I feel like it was too fast-paced to make the reader feel any emotion towards or for the MCs. Not a favorite read I felt no real emotion when I read it. Could have been better.
Blue Bayou .
It was a good story. I had some issues though, Riley kept A LOT of sh*t from Josh for 3 years. It wasn't just a bad past or a long ago issue, this was constant real time problems. Two things; one how did he keep it from Josh and why for 3 years and my God I would have been over the moon p*ssed at being kept in the dark for that long! (view spoiler) ...more
Suze
Apr 02, 2014 Suze rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Suze by: Won on SOC Sept 12
A great read for me. Quite an easy story with a non too deep premise. The two mc's are lawyers and we meet them in court and then in the shower - with humourous references to one having been held in contempt earlier in the day. Riley's troubles grow and the his tension buildup is quite good, though I was expecting more out of why he was working for the firm he does. Josh is worried and patient and wants to help Riley but Riley closes in on hmself. The story is about Riley learning to open up and ...more
Pjm12
Man, this is one hot book. For all their insecurities and angst, there is still much lust between this pair. So that was good.

I struggled a bit with the style. It was often repetitive, even using the same words and phrases over. That Riley held all those secrets in for three years was slightly unbelieveable, and I hope he got that ulcer looked at (What? I worry okay?)

Josh's strength and loyalty were great, Bubba was great, and I wished we could have had more Jared & Byron, and David and his
Rie
I don't know why, but I think this book is just not sit with me. Usually I love all the lovey-dovey-possesive character, but I guess Riley is just too much. I mean, yes he had a dark past that he wants to forget and avoid, but shouldn't he told his life partner (for 6 years!) about it? and the whole 'mysterious' thing that Riley keep saying but not revealing it until the end is kinda weird. I thought he is going to do something big and crucially, but it's not like that at all. yeah, so it just 2 ...more
melek
Riley and josh been together for years both lawyers and good at their job, but riley is keeping a secrets its not all bad ones and deep but he just wanted the past to go away. but of course secrets always have a way coming out. But for josh he knows riley keeping things from him, he of course starts thinking the worst. But josh is patience and loves riley, but is it enough.
Patty
I enjoyed this one a lot. I was not familiar with the author, so was not sure what to expect. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise though. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Penny
This was a well written novel that was not for me. Riley's lies/omissions made him an unlikeable character and all I kept thinking was Josh deserved someone better. 2.5 stars.
Nina
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Lucy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Kristin
This was a decent read. It wasn't altogether memorable, but not bad. There was a bit of angst, but the book was short so the story moved pretty fast.
Erticchic378
I enjoyed this one way more than I was expecting. What a very pleasant surprise !!
Bogusia
I have to say K-lee Klein is one of my new favorite authors.
K-lee Klein
Jun 30, 2012 K-lee Klein marked it as wrote-it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Pretty new cover. Thank you Less Than Three. :)
Sherry
Just not working for me for some reason.
Mariana
Curtis
Curtis marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Ashley E
Ashley E marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Zarina
Zarina marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Aisha Thomas
Aisha Thomas marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Less Than Three P...: Domestic Relations 3 26 Sep 05, 2012 08:39PM
  • Saving Liam
  • Private Dicks: Undercovers
  • A Cut Above the Rest
  • A Shadow of a Dream
  • Honour
  • The Fairy Gift
  • Finding the Wolf (The Dragon's Hoard, #1)
  • The Engineered Throne
  • Different Strokes
  • But Not For Me
  • Imperfect
  • His Soul to Take
  • Patient Privilege
  • Island House (Dropping Anchor #1)
  • Chalk Butterfly: The Complete Trilogy
  • Hairy Harry's Car Seat (Lyon Road Vets, #1)
  • Finding King (The Breaker, #1)
~~ K-Lee Klein has lived in one part of Western Canada or another for her entire life. She's a doting mother of three now-grown kids and has had characters and plots running around her head for as long as she can remember. Though she's fairly new at throwing her original fiction out into the web universe, she hopes to substitute her passion for writing beautiful, emotional men for her previous job ...more
More about K-lee Klein...
Lazy Sundays Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1) Lazy Valentines Unbreak My Heart (Unbreak My Heart, #1) Countdown to Daddies