Start by marking “Text Appeal” as Want to Read:
Text Appeal

Text Appeal

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,169 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
Charlie ‘the Devil’ Singleton is the face of professional poker. Notorious for playing cards and women, he knows when to hold ’em, when to walk away, and when to run—and he’s got skills at the poker table too. But Charlie’s ready to change his ways, and the surprisingly sexy texts he’s getting from Riley are making him want to bet everything…on her.

Riley Carter is nothing
Published June 7th 2012 by Lexi Ryan

To ask other readers questions about Text Appeal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Text Appeal

Guilty Pleasures
Jan 17, 2013 Guilty Pleasures rated it it was amazing
Alyn's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

If you have not had the pleasure of trying on a corset simply for the pleasure of feeling sexy, it is an indulgence you must try. I still remember the first time I felt that snug embrace and how sexy it made me feel. It is that very feeling that I was reminded of the moment I began reading “Text Appeal” by Lexi Ryan. Riley Carter, is a lingerie addict who has a passion for flirty fantasies that make her feel sexy.

On a first name basis w
Patty  (BookishWanderlove)
I read an excerpt for this book last year and if I remember correctly it was at the end of Just One Night (Decadence Creek, #1) by Lexi Ryan. I did enjoy reading this book, in fact I read it in one sitting. The Characters that are introduced seem to all fit well, hot and steamy scenes between Riley and Charlie, and it’s even a little funny at times.

So we have Riley, father’s golden girl. Sadly she lives her life to please her father, dates Chaz; someone she knows her father will approve of. Work
Nicole ~ Books and Starlight
To be honest, I don't really remember this book. I read it a couple weeks ago and I have a hard time recollecting moments. I remember that there is sex in it, and a lot of teasing and confusion because the main guys have the same name. It is actually kind of a love-triangle with a touch of insta-love.

What I liked:
The story is half interesting and the premise is really good. Also I like Riley's character arc, even though most of it happens in the end of the book. I expected something else though,
Kellie G.
Aug 18, 2013 Kellie G. rated it liked it
A light, quick, sexy read.
Elisabeth Naughton
Sep 18, 2012 Elisabeth Naughton rated it it was amazing
(Originally posted at the B&N LOVE ROCKS Indie Review Column: http://bnreview.barnesandnoble.com/t5...)

Bad Beat.

Flop.

Pocket Rockets.

River.

If you know what all these words have in common, you get a gold star! One of them I had to look up. (Yeah, yeah, I know this is my column but I'm a romance author. Pocket Rockets takes on a whole new meaning when you write romance.) For those of you who are scratching your heads, I'll fill you in on the secret: the common theme here is poker. Anyone who's
Michelle [Helen Geek]
06/08/2013 --

Overall Rating = 3.5
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 4 = 3.5 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3.5 Stars
Character Development = 4 Stars
Story Appreciation = 4 Stars
Worth the Chili = 4 Stars [$2.99 on Amazon]

How have I not stumbled across this author before? This is the second book I've read by her in two days. I love what she does with her characters. Reading this second one, I can tell she has a format she uses, but it works for me. I was stuck in an airport and just hated, absolutely HATED that I
Missy
Dec 31, 2014 Missy rated it really liked it
A good fun read.
The passion between Charlie and Riley has always been there but denied so once they give into it, it takes on a life of it's own that quickly leads to love.
The interplay between Charlie and Riley is just so cute and flirty.....and oh so sexy! Once they become involved it is so easy to see that they were made for each other. I loved how Charlie stepped up to the plate when his past comes calling but still wish he would have had it verified first. He has fear that he will not be go
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 16, 2013 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it liked it
Review to come.

I have wanted to read this one for a very long time and was just a little let down. It did not go the way that I thought it would and know that sometimes, the blurb leads us one way and the actual book leads another. I did enjoy it though and it was hot, hot, hot :) I love text messages in a book.
Bridgett
Aug 17, 2015 Bridgett rated it really liked it
I listened to this as an audiobook and thought it was really great! The narrator was a good fit for the characters and the story.

I love the way this author writes! This is the 4th book of hers that I have read and loved. This one is a fun, flirty read about Riley, the good girl of Las Vegas and Charlie “the Devil” Singleton, the bad boy poker player her Dad would never approve of. However, once Charlie sets his sights on Riley, it’s game-on and he goes after what he wants. Charlie teaches Riley
Rebecca
Mar 29, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Audible Review Post:

"Appealing to the Inner Naught Girl"

I loved Text Appeal, and Piper Goodeve is a great narrator. Even though readers get varying perspectives, Piper makes it easy for readers to follow the storyline and understand the internal musings of the characters. Riley Carter is a female heroine who many readers will be able to identify with because she clearly is a "good girl," but there's a naughty girl inside ready to breakout; it just takes the right man to do it, and Charlie Singl
Heather Carver
Jan 09, 2015 Heather Carver rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This book was a quick, fun read. Not a lot of drama which is good. I don't always need a lot of drama in my books. I like fun, flirty books every now and then!

Riley is a workaholic. She wants to prove to her dad that she is the right person for the GM position. She knows it's a long shot, but she really thinks her dad will see what a hard worker she is and give her the position. But can she be content with her personal life. She has been dating Chaz for two years, but there is no chemis
MsRomanticReads
This review is also posted on my blog.

A sweet and sensual romance amidst the glitz and glamor, the strip clubs and high-stakes poker tournaments in Las Vegas. Twenty-six year old Riley Carter lives her carefully structured life as the heiress to a hotel empire. She's daddy's good girl and has worked her butt off to make him proud enough to hopefully earn the chance of taking over for him when he retires. She's dating Chaz Spencer, the "golden boy" of the business, and better yet, daddy approves.
Diana
Dec 10, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
3.5 hearts!

Riley Carter is a good girl working for her father in Las Vegas. She has as perfect boyfriend and soon hopes to have the perfect job, making her life just...perfect. She has a hidden naughty side, though, one that loves sexy lingerie and bad boys. Bad boys like her roommates brother Charlie Singleton. Charlie is a professional poker player with a bad boy reputation and dwindling sponsors. A chance meeting with Riley in sexy underwear store opens both of their eyes to the possibilities
Kathleen
Dec 10, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Only in Sin City can steamy text messaging by a notorious bad boy professional poker player nicknamed "The Devil" tempt a good girl hotel heiress with a secret obsession for sexy lingerie to go all in and risk her straight-laced reputation and future!

Riley Carter is the daughter of a wealthy Vegas hotelier who works for her father and is determined to one day run the hotel empire when he retires. So she leads a straight-laced professional life and dates her father's right-hand man, Chaz, aka Mr.
Tina
Mar 15, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it
Charlie 'The Devil' Singleton is the face of professional poker. Notorious for playing cards and women, Charlie's ready to change his ways. He's had his eye on hotel heiress Riley Carter, his sister's best friend, for awhile, but his reputation as a "bad boy" and her reputation as "a good daughter" stand in his way. However, A mix up in Riley's contact list makes all thoughts of being good go out the window for Riley. The hot, hot texts she is getting are coming from her boring boyfriend, and wh ...more
Beth Cutwright
Dec 11, 2012 Beth Cutwright rated it really liked it
This was definitely an adult romance read with fairly explicit sex scenes and lots of surprises for the characters involved. I enjoyed this book far more than I expected to. It was fresh and interesting with characters very real to life, each of whom had pre-conceived ideas about who they were dealing with.

Riley had grown up wanting to please her father and gain his approval, overlooking what she may have wanted or needed for herself. She appeared very straight laced and "perfect". That in turn
Musing
Feb 01, 2013 Musing rated it really liked it
Text Appeal by Lexi Ryan was a deliciously fun book with loads of witty repartee, naughty, sexy scenes and wonderful characters to enjoy!

What started out as a joke by Riley Carter's BFF, Lacey Singleton, to help her escape her mundane, censured life, turned into a spicy, dangerous 'sexting' encounter with mutually stimulating results. It also revealed some well kept hidden lust and some not so well hidden secret liaison. Lacey was determined to help Riley blossom into the warm, sensual woman
Jody
Dec 15, 2012 Jody rated it really liked it
This was a sexy story with an immensely likable hero and a heroine that annoyed me only once or twice. They seemed to bring out the best in each other where she finally started living for herself as opposed to other's desires and he endeavored to become a better man. Their relationship started out in a clever way that allowed the sexual tension to build to a steamy and sweat-inducing conclusion. Their sexual interludes were nicely paced allowing real emotions to come through helping them achieve ...more
Kasia
Jun 24, 2013 Kasia rated it liked it
Initially, there were two things about this book that I found alluring: the title and the premise of the story. However, after finishing it, I didn’t feel fully satisfied. There were some “nuts and bolts” that could have been “screwed tighter” to make this story truly exceptional. Some of the scenes were simply confusing and left me wondering why they are there and how they enrich the story. I felt that the main male character, Charlie, was not developed to its full potential. Charlie’s “bad boy ...more
Connie
Sep 12, 2015 Connie rated it liked it
Short sexy read! Riley has experienced some very deep pain and heartache in her life. She meets and moves in with her Dad on the day her mom dies. Riley never really connects with the people she needs the most. Her boyfriend, Chaz, is a selfish, lying, cheating creep who Riley has wasted too many years with. Then she meets Charles, a professional poker player, who has some serious secrets of his own. Should Riley take a chance and go "all in" or "fold" and walk away while she still can?
Becky Rendon
Aug 18, 2015 Becky Rendon rated it really liked it
Text me anytime....

Riley is daddy's little goody two shoes. She tries too hard to be everything she thinks he wants.
Charlie is poker's bad boy with a reputation that would make some blush. His nickname is the Devil.
Riley is with the wrong guy thinking she'll be happy as long as her dad is.
Charlie wants a real life, not the loveless nomad he's been.
Can the good girl and the bad boy really be together?

All it takes is some naughty text messages to open the door.
Morgan Wyatt
Mar 14, 2014 Morgan Wyatt rated it it was amazing
I recently discovered author Lexi Ryan via her book Text Appeal. This contemporary romance details what happens when Vegas’ good girl heiress thinks she’s texting her practical boyfriend, but she’s really texting a sexy poker professional.
This short story has many unexpected twists and depth. If you’re looking for a story with steam appeal, it brings that too. I am very impressed with Ms. Ryan. I am looking forward to reading her more recent books.
Dotti Elrick
Aug 08, 2015 Dotti Elrick rated it liked it
This was a cute, quick read.
A very good example of how the current state of social media can have huge impacts on our lives. And why you should never let your best friend program your new cell phone. Even if she is well meaning and trying to save you from a mistake of a relationship and set you up with her brother. Her very hot, sexy poker playing brother.
This was a very easy, very predictable read. But it was cute, and well written.
Rosanna Ingram
Aug 12, 2015 Rosanna Ingram rated it really liked it
Read this book in one sitting. It was a quick, fun read that had me laughing and kept my attention. The text conversations were hot!! Riley stepping out of her comfort zone and living life like a woman in her twenties was humorous and inspiring. It's a reminder that it's never too late to let go a little and live your life! Charlie was sweet, while Chaz was a prick! At the end of the day, I think everyone got what they deserved!!
Anna Laura
Aug 31, 2015 Anna Laura rated it liked it
A quick sexy read for inbetween. 3,5 stars.

At first I was a bit sceptical about the book, especially with the constant mentioning of her ING doing this or that. It was a bit annoying throughout the first chapters, to be honest.

In the end I liked the book and I'll probably read it again at some point, but I just didn't love it as I think the author could have done more with the storyline.
Katie Edmonds
Aug 09, 2015 Katie Edmonds rated it it was ok
Meh. I found myself skimming which is probably more of a reflection on my attention span at the moment than the book. It wasn't bad but there were quite a few things that just didn't work for me. And the ending? It really didn't seem all that happy and it had a few loose ends, including the career direction for the heroine which drove me nuts.
Christine
Apr 07, 2015 Christine rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio-book
DNF at 25%. I just could not connect and plus the whole issue with the hero...(view spoiler)

I have enjoyed Lexi Ryan's other books so I know I will read others. Just the issues in this book were not for me.
Chantal Sisco
Apr 25, 2014 Chantal Sisco rated it it was amazing
Let's just face it. This woman can write. These are escapes from our everyday lives if for those brief moments they make you squirm smile laugh or cry then it has all been worth it! I enjoy All of her books and read them to enjoy them not to criticize or analyze!! Thank you once again for the escape~
Dar
Oct 11, 2013 Dar rated it liked it
That was cute, some hot scenes, but sweet abduction utterly predictable. I had skip quickly through the non-texts scenes because of Riley's naivete, but right after she wised up, the book got awesome, then it flipped and I didn't need to read each scene to know what was going to happen next. The worse crime though was that Charlie and Riley never actually discussed anything. Charlie got upset when Riley assumed they were just about sex when that was all it was about. He plans an evening that was ...more
  • Keeping You (Always a Bridesmaid, #2)
  • Indulgent Pleasures
  • With Every Heartbeat (Cities of Love, #1)
  • Long Shots: Books 1-3
  • Breath on Embers
  • Epic Love
  • Stranded Temptation
  • Texas Curves
  • Saving Jenna (Night Creatures, #1)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Instructing an Heiress  (Cinderella Heiresses, #2)
  • The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn
  • Sneaking a Peek
  • Seven Sexy Sins (Love in Reverse, #1)
  • Watch And Learn (Sex for Beginners, #1)
  • Inspire
  • Marooned with the Millionaire
  • Fragile Crystal: Rubies and Rivalries (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.
More about Lexi Ryan...