Start by marking “Lunch Date (The Morganville Vampires)” as Want to Read:
Lunch Date (The Morganville Vampires)

Lunch Date (The Morganville Vampires: Extras)

Lunch was always an iffy proposition at the Glass House. Some days all of Claire’s house mates were all in, most days nobody was; some days there was food in the fridge. Most days, not. Claire had made a fine art out of scrounging up crackers and cans of soup. Her favorite was cream of tomato. Yum.

Follow the link to read full short.

To ask other readers questions about Lunch Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunch Date

Siobhan
May 22, 2015 Siobhan rated it it was ok
Can I get a hooray for finally having the story behind Shane working at the city dump?

Not that it is much of a story. It is nothing more than Claire finding him getting changed when he was supposed to be at work. I’m simply glad we have something other than the constant references.
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Kristen
Jan 06, 2013 Kristen rated it it was amazing
I won't start this review with a synopsis, since that is available under the book description.

Cute little short about Claire & Shane. Can't get enough of those two.
Pamela Saylor
Feb 03, 2013 Pamela Saylor rated it it was amazing
Cute
Lindsey Greer-Smith
Love Shane and Claire...
Sonia Hardy
Mar 30, 2014 Sonia Hardy rated it it was amazing
Just a simple little short story about Shane and Claire's budding romance.
Jo
Dec 05, 2015 Jo rated it it was amazing
As usual I love all Morganville books.

This one didn't make too much sense - as in it didn't go anywhere as such but I still loved it!
Tina Allen Mitchem
Oct 01, 2012 Tina Allen Mitchem rated it it was amazing
I Love Shane and Claire. He is such a smartass. LOL
Jul 12, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
Read for free here - http://morganvilletexas.com/index/lun...

This was a waste of time, and Claire, How the heck do you know what old diapers taste like? yuck!
Monique
Nov 29, 2013 Monique rated it it was amazing
funny
Annika
Jun 16, 2013 Annika rated it it was amazing
Too short for my liking but still really good.
Adelaide Melissa
Jul 31, 2013 Adelaide Melissa rated it it was amazing
Good Novel
Xyra
Apr 18, 2013 Xyra rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Morganville Vampire Fans
So much potential...then so much let down. LOL
This is a snippet. It did get my heart beating a few times, so my emotional response to this snippet was strong. In that way I really liked it. However, it stopped so abruptly that I had to take a star away.
Not much here but a glimpse at Glass House life. Well, and a glimpse at a possible romantic interlude.
Yolanda Sfetsos
Sep 14, 2014 Yolanda Sfetsos rated it really liked it
This was a quick and cute story about Claire and Shane. Claire comes home from lunch and never knows what to expect in the Glass house. When she hears a noise upstairs she fears the worst, but instead finds a stinky situation.

I liked this! Short, precise, and another cool interaction between this cute couple.
Resident Optimist
Aug 05, 2012 Resident Optimist rated it liked it
Quite a short read compared to the other segments of the story available on Rachel Caine's website but I think this is among one of the better ones. It's not drawn out and it's not TOO short, it's almost like having a random flashback of a moment that you'd forgotten. Can't fault the writing :)
Myndi
Apr 17, 2016 Myndi rated it liked it
This was a cute novella for what it was, but it was way too short for me and not really much drama. It was cute if you're a fan of Shane and Claire though, and any new little bit to read about Morganville is ok in my book!
Kai
Nov 04, 2013 Kai rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
A very short story about lunch with Claire and Shane. Though it is not much of a story. It is really just Claire finding him getting changed when he was supposed to be at work. I think the story needed something more, it could havebeenlonger and had more to the story.
Lujain AlBattah
It was a fast read, but nothing that I haven't read or discovered in the books. It was a nice reminder of how things were easier in the past (I'm reaching the end of the series, so I'm turning gloomy, mind you). Sigh. I'm going to miss this so much.
Taภya
Apr 04, 2013 Taภya rated it really liked it
I Love Shane and Claire.Story was really short,
But it was a great read..
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Cute moment between Shane and Claire.
Penelope
Nov 20, 2014 Penelope rated it liked it
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Dec 17, 2012 ♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡ rated it really liked it
Shelves: online
Love love Shane and Claire. This was cute, but it could have been longer. :D Need to continue to read the series... like now.
Jean
Oct 15, 2014 Jean rated it really liked it
Wish the story was longer.
Kelsie Linehan
this is soo amazing
Joanne
Nov 01, 2012 Joanne added it
Actually read in 2012, but don't want it to count towards my Goodreads Reading Challenge.
Nancy The book junkie
Aug 26, 2012 Nancy The book junkie rated it liked it
Shelves: online
Cute little short about Claire & Shane. Too short for my taste but for me when it's them it's always too short!
Brandee Terry
Aug 21, 2014 Brandee Terry rated it liked it
There wasn't anything exciting or worth reading in this short story.
Jessie
Jun 10, 2014 Jessie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: usa
Lunch Date is a very skippable short. There is nothing about it that enhances the plot or reveals secrets. It is a brief scene between Shane and Clair.
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
The Not-So Austen...: Lunch Date ~ A Claire & Shane Tale 1 2 Aug 13, 2013 06:21AM
  • Miles in the Dark (Fallen Shorts, #3.2)
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • Heavenly Killers (Roseville Vampires, #1)
  • A Tough Man To Tame (Sedikhan, #18; Clanad, #6)
  • The Awakening (Daray Hall, #1)
  • Fire & Frost (Iron Seas, #3.4; Code of Shadows, #0.5; Midnight Liaisons #2.3)
  • Thirteen (Dark Carousel, #0.5)
  • Caged View: A Collection of Urban Fantasy Short Stories (Santeria Habitat, #0.5)
  • In Vino Veritas (Dorina Basarab, #2.1)
  • Slave to Passion (A Tale of Shar, #1)

The Morganville Vampires: Extras (1 books)
  • Nothing Like an Angel (Morganville Vampires #0.02)