Start by marking “All Windows Open : And Other Stories” as Want to Read:
All Windows Open : And Other Stories

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

All Windows Open : And Other Stories

Chrissie Triantafillou is your average Greek girl growing up in Melbourne in the 1980s. Dark hair, art student, bit of a princess. Other distinguishing features: she has no sense of smell, has been cursed by her mother, and is passionately in love with her cousin George.
To further complicate things Chrissie has a boyfriend, with whom she is about to move in, and George has
ebook
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about All Windows Open , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Windows Open

Debbie Robson
Mar 29, 2015 Debbie Robson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grew up in the sixties and seventies on the Northern Beaches of Sydney where Italian and Greek families ran the local greengrocer shop, fish and chip shop and takeaway milkbar. My best friend in primary school was Suzi Lentini and one day her parents visited the school and she had to translate for them. I thought she was the smartest girl in the world. And when a Greek man sang Young Girl to me (something an Australian born man would never do) I thought that's it I'm travelling overseas as soo ...more
Jo
Feb 27, 2013 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jo by: Goodreads Giveaway
Shelves: first-reads
Won this in a First Reads Giveaway. Received my copy on the 18th February 2013, which was a nice surprise to come home from work to.

Really really enjoyed the novella 'All Windows Open'. It wasn't too long, was told in short, snappy chapters from various character viewpoints and didn't lose the momentum it built up from the beginning.

I enjoyed the little tidbits of information about Greek traditions, superstitions and lifestyle, including some recipes and also found the descriptions and meaning
Jennifer Douglas

All Windows Open and other stories brings with it a piece of Australian fiction that tantalizes and speaks of women, the world, their dreams and their desires. Hariklia Heristanidis takes the reader on the separate journey within each story but on a heartfelt road of intrigue within the book as a whole. So this is life and love from a Greek woman’s point of view.

I am not usually a short story person, preferring to sink my mind into a journey with length, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed m
Leslie
Jan 12, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"All Windows Open" is a recently published book that includes a namesake novella and a collection of short stories each running about 10 pages long. To summarize the group would be to say that they all deal with longing, lust, and desire, sometimes fulfilled, often times not.

The novella is dual narrated by lovesick Chrissie and the widow Magda who knows everyone's secrets, both those spoken and those surmised. The author Hariklia Heristanidis has created a genuine neighborhood of people who inte
Angief
Feb 13, 2013 Angief rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book is full of a bunch of short stories. I haven't read a lot of short stories before but they are great when you don't have the time to sit down and really read. I also really enjoy learning about other cultures and the Greek culture I find very interesting.

I won a free copy of this book on GoodReads.
Andrea
Oct 19, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I can truly say I loved these stories. What an entertaining cast of characters. I found them all funny, warm and very real. I have a soft spot for All Windows Open and really loved learning so much about Greek culture, so many superstitions! I also enjoyed Mrs Mavros' character very much. Would love to read more from this author.
S.C Karakaltsas
May 12, 2016 S.C Karakaltsas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really enjoyable read. I liked the authors style, pace and quirky observations of life from all angels.
Betty Thompson
Betty Thompson rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Oly
Oly rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Kerry
Kerry rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Neil Albert
Neil Albert rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2013
Helen Hally
Helen Hally rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2013
Maria Nimmervoll
Maria Nimmervoll rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2012
Mellie
Mellie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Hariklia Heristanidis
Nov 24, 2015 Hariklia Heristanidis added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Kathy Stone
Kathy Stone marked it as to-read
Alet Monteleone
Alet Monteleone marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Case
Elizabeth Case marked it as to-read
Linda Schell
Linda Schell marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Gordon Green
Gordon Green marked it as to-read
Katerina B
Katerina B marked it as to-read
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Neil Parnham
Neil Parnham marked it as to-read
Wendy Johnston
Wendy Johnston marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Shelley Lee
Shelley Lee marked it as to-read
Katrina Prout
Katrina Prout marked it as to-read
Ευαγγελία
Ευαγγελία marked it as to-read
Anya Mackay
Anya Mackay marked it as to-read
Darlene Howard
Darlene Howard marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Eunice Adeniran
Eunice Adeniran marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
  • My Lady Gambler: Stories of Erotic Romance, Corsets, and an England That Never Was
  • Peaches and the Gambler (A Peaches Donnelly Mystery, #1)
  • Core Catharsis: Using Personal Memes
  • Atlantis: Fall of the Gods
  • How to Screw Up Your Marriage
  • Push Back
  • The Afterlife of Emerson Tang
  • God Was Holding My Hand: Michael Arterberry's Story
  • Bones Buried in the Dirt
  • Fostering Death (A Jesse Damon Crime Novel, #2)
  • Phoenix: The Rising
  • The Writers' Conference
  • The Origin Novel (Seeds from Heaven #3)
  • The Sector (Non-Compliance #1)
  • Mr. Wilkinson's Vegetables: A Cookbook to Celebrate the Garden
  • Poison
  • Stay Calm And Content : No Matter What Life Throws At You
  • Spiritual Simplicity: How Loving More Means Doing Less
Hariklia is a Melbourne-born writer and blogger. Her novella and short story collection, "All Windows Open and Other Stories" was Shortlisted for the 2013 NSW Premier's Literary Awards, in the Community Relations Commission for a multicultural NSW Award.
In 2011 she was the winner of the Lord Mayor's Creative Writing Award, in the eBook category, for "What She Said - a month in a decade in a lifeti
More about Hariklia Heristanidis...