Start by marking “All Windows Open : And Other Stories” as Want to Read:
All Windows Open : And Other Stories
read excerpt* *Different edition

All Windows Open : And Other Stories

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Chrissie Triantafillou is your average Greek girl growing up in Melbourne in the 1980s. Dark hair, art student, bit of a princess. Other distinguishing features: she has no sense of smell, has been cursed by her mother, and is passionately in love with her cousin George.
To further complicate things Chrissie has a boyfriend, with whom she is about to move in, and George has
ebook
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about All Windows Open , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Windows Open

Jo
Feb 27, 2013 Jo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jo by: Goodreads Giveaway
Shelves: first-reads
Won this in a First Reads Giveaway. Received my copy on the 18th February 2013, which was a nice surprise to come home from work to.

Really really enjoyed the novella 'All Windows Open'. It wasn't too long, was told in short, snappy chapters from various character viewpoints and didn't lose the momentum it built up from the beginning.

I enjoyed the little tidbits of information about Greek traditions, superstitions and lifestyle, including some recipes and also found the descriptions and meaning
Jennifer Douglas

All Windows Open and other stories brings with it a piece of Australian fiction that tantalizes and speaks of women, the world, their dreams and their desires. Hariklia Heristanidis takes the reader on the separate journey within each story but on a heartfelt road of intrigue within the book as a whole. So this is life and love from a Greek woman’s point of view.

I am not usually a short story person, preferring to sink my mind into a journey with length, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed m
Leslie
"All Windows Open" is a recently published book that includes a namesake novella and a collection of short stories each running about 10 pages long. To summarize the group would be to say that they all deal with longing, lust, and desire, sometimes fulfilled, often times not.

The novella is dual narrated by lovesick Chrissie and the widow Magda who knows everyone's secrets, both those spoken and those surmised. The author Hariklia Heristanidis has created a genuine neighborhood of people who inte
Andrea
I can truly say I loved these stories. What an entertaining cast of characters. I found them all funny, warm and very real. I have a soft spot for All Windows Open and really loved learning so much about Greek culture, so many superstitions! I also enjoyed Mrs Mavros' character very much. Would love to read more from this author.
Angief
This book is full of a bunch of short stories. I haven't read a lot of short stories before but they are great when you don't have the time to sit down and really read. I also really enjoy learning about other cultures and the Greek culture I find very interesting.

I won a free copy of this book on GoodReads.
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Debbie Robson
Debbie Robson marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Elizabeth Loeb
Elizabeth Loeb marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Ym
Ym marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Kerrimichael
Kerrimichael marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Kay Hart
Kay Hart marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Andy Gratton
Andy Gratton marked it as to-read
Mark Matthews
Mark Matthews is currently reading it
Debra Lebarron
Debra Lebarron marked it as to-read
Rodger
Rodger marked it as to-read
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Lela
Lela marked it as to-read
Zahel
Zahel marked it as to-read
Kaitlynn
Kaitlynn marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Joshua Goudreau
Joshua Goudreau marked it as to-read
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Nameursula Gohmann
Nameursula Gohmann marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Witch's Daughter
  • Like a House on Fire
  • Can Any Mother Help Me?
  • Strange Things Happen: A Life with The Police, Polo, and Pygmies
  • William - An Englishman
  • Violet to Vita: The Letters of Violet Trefusis to Vita Sackville-West, 1910-1921
  • Poet's Cottage
  • My Lady Gambler: Stories of erotic romance, corsets, and an England that never was
  • Peaches and the Gambler (A Peaches Donnelly Mystery, #1)
  • Puppalicious And Beyond
  • Hilltop Manor - Gale's Story
  • Non-Compliance: The Sector
  • The Writers' Conference
  • God Was Holding My Hand: Michael Arterberry's Story
Hariklia was born in Melbourne to immigrant parents, and spoke no English when she started school.
After completing two unrelated undergraduate degrees, she embarked on a career in graphic design. After which she travelled to England, spending three formative years living in London.
Back in Melbourne, she married, had a child and enrolled in a masters of creative writing. This followed many years o
More about Hariklia Heristanidis...