Start by marking “The Gifted Boss” as Want to Read:
The Gifted Boss

The Gifted Boss

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Good business begins with a good boss -- and the truly gifted ones know that their future depends on creating first-rate employees: the kind of men and women they can teach and trust. Reliable, able, ambitious people who respond to guidance rather than requiring supervision or micro-management, and who understand that real success is shared by everyone from the senior mana ...more
Unknown Binding, 128 pages
Published May 19th 1999 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about The Gifted Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gifted Boss

Cynthia
This book was simple, short, clear, and most importantly, interesting. Dauten was on the quest of better leadership. This book was the documentation of how he learn from a master. Everybody can lead, and everybody can end up in a leadership position. This book helps you to become a gifted boss, where you can attract the best employee, instead of being an average workplace, offering compatible salary - aka average.
Kiki
My husband picked this up in the used book section at one of my favorite stores. I don't usually geek out over management theory books, but this book was enjoyable and inspirational to read. I guess this appealed to me because I need to believe that there are actually intelligent, motivational, human bosses out there somewhere.
Cindy
This book made me stop and think about the real reasons behind how great work relationships work, and how current work relationships could be improved. It is sort of quirky, and that helped keep my attention. I read it in 2 - 3 page bursts, but that gave time for the ideas to sink in to my brain. An out-of-the-box management book.
Nicole
This was a great, quick read ... Whether you manage, or are managed, I think this has some excellent insight into employee retention and high quality workplace environments. I didn't really care for the "Tuesdays with Morrie" setting to give the management parables, but the message and concepts were essentially solid.
Flavil Hampsten
Great read for managers and hiring professionals. Speaks about what employees look for in a boss and gives great tips on recruiting and retaining employees...and its not pay!
Amy Kilcullen
Jan 18, 2008 Amy Kilcullen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I loved this book. You can read a page or two at a time, and feel completely motivated to be a better manager/inspire others.
Kirk
Short and to the point, fun story, interesting read, well worth it if you want a perspective on being a better boss.
Sai Kalyan
nothing
Denise Yoh Meyer
Denise Yoh Meyer marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Alka Upadhyay
Alka Upadhyay marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Isela Contreras
Isela Contreras marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Marcelka Hrdá
Marcelka Hrdá marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Al George
Al George marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Jason F
Jason F marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Jake Burke
Jake Burke marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Mika Tanaka
Mika Tanaka marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Max Stategy Great Employees Only: How Gifted Bosses Hire and de-Hire Their Way to Success The Max Strategy: How A Buisnessman Got Stuck At An Airport... The Gifted Boss Revised Edition: How to Find, Create and Keep Great Employees The Weary Optimist: Bad Bosses, Bad Jobs, Bad Sex and "The 36 Reasons to Be Glad You Don't Work in Human Resources"