Start by marking “Alien Agenda: Why they came, Why they stayed” as Want to Read:
Alien Agenda:  Why they came, Why they stayed

Alien Agenda: Why they came, Why they stayed

Narrated by a rogue keeper of government secrets, this fact-based thriller begins with the death of America's first Secretary of Defense, James Forrestal and posits he did not commit suicide but was killed for what he was about to reveal.

The story follows the trail of government research past the Manhattan Project and pulls that team of famous physicists to work on Project
Nook, 300 pages
Published January 4th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Alien Agenda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Agenda

Steve Peek
Jun 16, 2012 Steve Peek added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Most interesting take on UFO's in twenty years.

History, physics and genetics come together to create a believable, frightening story explaining why aliens came to Earth and how they engineered the most terrifying pandemic in human history. You already know about it. It is going to get worse. There is no cure.

In the tradition of Michener and Uris, historical events and real people blend into a fastpaced, compelling thriller that keeps you reading and leaves you wondering how much is actually
Rob
Mar 27, 2016 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, read-2016
I initially grabbed this book as a potential conspiracy theory tome that would list out some research and verifiable events, them draw some conclusions befitting it's title. It's not that kind of book. It is however a book in the ilk of Michael Chriton where facts and historical events have been woven into a believable storyline, and that I believe is the secret to enjoying the read, suspension of disbelief until the story itself grabs you. A short but entertaining (and informative?) read.
Daniel Martinez
Jan 28, 2017 Daniel Martinez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

Supposedly this is fiction, but it doesn't read that way. Probably because the parts on Forrestal are basically true. Forestall and Kennedy were good friends going all the way back to Kennedy's senator days. Kennedy found out something that he was going to tell the people, he almost made it.
Robert Gelms
Feb 22, 2016 Robert Gelms rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Immigration Problem
By Bob Gelms

Alien Agenda, Why They Came, Why They Stayed by Steve Peek is not a big book lengthwise but it is about some very big subjects. Have aliens visited us? Are they here now? What do they want? This novel answers these questions but, as Mr. Peek has said, “There are some people who bought it and are upset because all of the facts are not to their liking. This is understandable. When it comes to UFOs and aliens, everyone's 'facts' are not always the same.”

I ha
Katy
Apr 18, 2013 Katy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: conspiracy theorists, those interested in UFO, alien abductions, etc.
Recommended to Katy by: Steve Peek
Shelves: ebook, aa-read-review
Book Info: Genre: Sci-fi thriller/conspiracy theories relating to modern society
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Those interested in conspiracy theories regarding UFOs, alien abductions, and modern proliferation of autism
Trigger Warnings: conspiracy, kidnapping

My Thoughts: This is a really crazy book. Is it real or is it fiction? The author declares, “It is fiction!” but so many real events and factual experiences are included in this, that's it's difficult to be certain. I was editing the v
Mike Potter
Overall rating: 2.5 stars

Synopsis: The 'Roswell Incident' was real. Aliens and humans have 'interacted' since 1947, and it hasn't all turned out for the best. The book is written from the perspective of a 'rogue' former government intelligence worker, who relates supposedly classified government information detailing alien-human interactions since 1947 up to the present.

My impressions/review: I found the 'back-and-forth' between past events and present-day too jarring and poorly done. Also, at l
Melody Oakerson
Mar 28, 2016 Melody Oakerson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its not fiction

I bought this book because I often read and watch TV shows about aliens and the abductions they have so brazenly committed all over the world. I am not insane. I am however an abducted victim. I know that this book is based upon a great deal of fact, not all of it is accurate as to my experiences, but I am sure others have had different experiences than I did. It is not a work of fiction. I read the book in one sitting then read it twice through again, I have never done that in my
Jim Mcvean
Aug 17, 2013 Jim Mcvean rated it it was amazing
I loved this book... There was so much in there that I hadn't read about previously....very thought provoking...

This is a very plausible tale/theory written as fiction with a dark and disturbing river of truth running through it.
I have read many books about ufo/aliens and whilst reading this one I felt an overwhelming need to try and contact the author with so many questions!
If you are tired of reading so many rewrites of Roswell or Area51, I suggest you give this gem a read...You won't regret i
Gene Taylor
Sep 17, 2016 Gene Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revelation

Quite gripping! A substantive excursion into a fully different subset of otherworldly possibilities. The book refreshingly reads from a non-technical point of view that reveals it's implied alien threats and or coercion rather blatantly and dramatically to its reader!
Scott Harris
Jan 16, 2013 Scott Harris rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I'll give the author credit for coming up with a novel story. I really liked the premise of 40's technology shooting down a alien craft visiting earth from another dimension. The government compartmentalization was realistic as well. I did not really care for reading the entire book formatted using double spacing or the grammatical errors.
Rbjumbob
Feb 27, 2016 Rbjumbob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of aliens, government and cover up. Will I believe this is purely fiction, it is good writing to explain aliens visit to earth and modern history. A small number of people believe Roswell is real, aliens did visit. This read ties it all together. I recommend reading do to all the Roswell hype.
Lynn
Feb 01, 2014 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Holy cow is this book excellent! Exciting suspenseful story so well written; you don't have to be a fan of UFO or Roswell yarns to enjoy this book; this author's writing is so good, he's light years beyond the yarn category! Looking forward to more from Mr. Peek.
Amy Merritt
May 14, 2016 Amy Merritt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read.

This book may be fiction but it mentioned a few things that are not fictitious. A few of the links mentioned are worth looking up. I bought this book on a whim and I am glad I did. I enjoyed it and I recommend it.
Ben
Oct 27, 2014 Ben rated it really liked it
good. well-written, innovative use of the rumors and facts. some of the politics, patriotism, etc. are awful, but they are mercifully rare. it's a good narrative synthesis of one interpretation of the facts. or... is this the truth? good. good.
Ryan Rauber
Jul 30, 2013 Ryan Rauber rated it really liked it
Very interesting and enjoyable read on what could have possibly happened at Area 51, and how it has influenced the past 60 years. The author puts forward some incredible theories that I found fascinating. Recommend this to any sci-fi/conspiracy/x-files fan out there.
Judith Haas
Oct 03, 2014 Judith Haas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's ok

it lasts for a long time I talk my time read it I always read it before I go to sleep
it is really soothing to read at night
maybe the author should make more good books

Isabel Cantu
Feb 10, 2016 Isabel Cantu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spectacular!

Now hear this...I could not put down this book. Way to go. It makes me want to be more open minded to to unexplained "things."
Richard Snodgrass
Richard Snodgrass rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2016
Vlastimil Hlinka
Vlastimil Hlinka rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
SHERYL MCINTOSH
SHERYL MCINTOSH rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Cecilia A
Cecilia A rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
NOSLEN BRITO DA SILVA
NOSLEN BRITO DA SILVA rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Wesley B Weber
Wesley B Weber rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
gene gilbert
gene gilbert rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2016
Dennis
Dennis rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Carol Palmer
Carol Palmer rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Todd
Todd rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Terry James
Terry James rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Harold  Ploeg
Harold Ploeg rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Genes, Giants, Monsters, and Men: The Surviving Elites of the Cosmic War and Their Hidden Agenda
  • George Orwell: A Life
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • The Chaos Chronicles, Books 1-3 (Chaos Chronicles, #1-3)
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
  • Traitor
  • Antarès, Épisode 1
  • A Flame of Pure Fire: Jack Dempsey and the Roaring '20s
  • The Fifth Science Fiction Megapack  (Science Fiction Megapack, #5)
  • Aliens in the Backyard
  • Morbus Gravis II
  • 11 Science Fiction Stories
  • Aliens: Labyrinth
  • Anxiety, Phobias, and Panic
  • Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience
  • Going Shogun
  • Inside Nazi Germany: Conformity, Opposition, and Racism in Everyday Life
  • Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth: The Surprising Unbiased Truth about What Treatments Work and Why

edit biographydelete
Biography
First cousins, Steve and Pat Conroy's families often shared their grandmother's big house in Atlanta. Both wanted to be writers. Pat became a literary lion by the time he was thirty. Steve began writing semi-seriously in the 1980's. Now, for better or for worse, he writes full time.
Steve traveled extensively and explored histories and myths of peoples and places all o
More about Steve Peek...

“By the time Eisenhower gave his famous Military-Industrial Complex speech, we knew alien experiments on sleeping victims were increasing annually.  Six months before Kennedy was assassinated, we knew the alien goal was to genetically alter the human race for their own purposes and that one of the side effects would be to increase the number of people born with autism by five hundred to a thousand times.” 1 likes