Start by marking “Finding Refuge” as Want to Read:
Finding Refuge

Finding Refuge

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Travis Holt’s life is steadily pulling him under, and he’s fighting it. He’s running his family’s construction company, trying to save his addict brother from self-destruction, and dealing with the constant reminder of his personal failures, including the one that shattered his family. When a woman with a mythical name and a soul-warming smile throws him a lifeline, can he ...more
Published June 15th 2012 by Mini Gray Moose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Finding Refuge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Refuge

Nov 09, 2012 Sarah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free in amazon ;-)
Karen
Jul 31, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing
I love losing myself in mindless chick-lit, but every once in a while, I need something with substance. Something real. Lucy's books, both Mending Fences, and this new story fit the bill very nicely.

The two leads both dealt with addiction within their families, and even though the situations are different, Andri knows exactly how to help Travis see how to help himself before he loses his grip completely. Nothing is pain-free for either of them, but reading about how they overcome adversities tog
Diana Shaffner
Jan 07, 2015 Diana Shaffner rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Finding Refuge is a light read with a predictable storyline. It is an enjoyable book for the beach or a cozy weekend at home.
Mia Downing
Jun 27, 2012 Mia Downing rated it it was amazing
Travis Holt carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, and his world is more than Atlas can carry. Andri Miller moves to Utah to escape a hectic world of a failed engagement and a strained relationship with her mother. The two meet through a mutual friend, and sparks fly. But is the fragile yet beautiful relationship they've built enough to survive the aftermath when Travis' world comes tumbling down?

I really loved this book. Finding Refuge is a touching love story, featuring characters
Nancy Stopper
Nov 08, 2012 Nancy Stopper rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Both of the main characters had flaws - but they were real. You were drawn into the story and the fact that their path to happiness wasn't perfect was very well written. I loved the progression through the story, even the rough parts that drove our characters apart. My only wish was that we saw a bit more of the soul searching that Travis did, but I appreciated how she showed how they both worked through their issues and came out healthier on the other side. I look forward to ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
It was alright. I think I liked it slightly better than Mending Fences but I still had a hard time getting invested in the story.

Both characters, Travis Holt and Andromeda (Andri) have their own issues that they must overcome. While they were real and somewhat likable people, I never truly felt connected to them which in turn makes it difficult to really enjoy the book. Still I think maybe this author has potential and may check out future books from her.
Lhenry
Jul 02, 2012 Lhenry rated it liked it
A sweet, somewhat sad story with a hopeful ending. I think a lot of people do what Travis does and it was nice that he was able to move on from the bad place he was in emotionally. I found Andri to be a little less developed as a character, but she did avoid being a healing angel stereotype too.
Sherri
Jun 22, 2012 Sherri rated it it was amazing
Any book that makes me sincerely laugh out loud while reading is a good book. Well written and developed characters. I loved that we caught a glimpse of Mending Fences in Finding Refuge. I will read more books by Lucy.
Gayla Glass
Pretty good story & characters.
Lindsay
Nov 08, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/8/2012
Jacki
Jacki rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
G
G rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Valarie Aqui
Valarie Aqui marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Angel Mercure
Angel Mercure rated it did not like it
Apr 08, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Saksham
Saksham marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Jaime
Jaime rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2015
Elizabeth Rodriguez
Elizabeth Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2015
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Diahanna
Diahanna marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Kathy B
Kathy B rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Jeanette Rucker
Jeanette Rucker marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • What's Life Without the Sprinkles?
  • A Second Chance at Forever
  • The Pleasures of Sin
  • Tool Belt Defender
  • Chasing a Dream
  • What the Heart Sees
  • Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)
  • Past Due