Start by marking “Finding Refuge” as Want to Read:
Finding Refuge

Finding Refuge

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Travis Holt’s life is steadily pulling him under, and he’s fighting it. He’s running his family’s construction company, trying to save his addict brother from self-destruction, and dealing with the constant reminder of his personal failures, including the one that shattered his family. When a woman with a mythical name and a soul-warming smile throws him a lifeline, can he ...more
Published June 15th 2012 by Mini Gray Moose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Finding Refuge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Refuge

Nov 09, 2012 Sarah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free in amazon ;-)
Karen
I love losing myself in mindless chick-lit, but every once in a while, I need something with substance. Something real. Lucy's books, both Mending Fences, and this new story fit the bill very nicely.

The two leads both dealt with addiction within their families, and even though the situations are different, Andri knows exactly how to help Travis see how to help himself before he loses his grip completely. Nothing is pain-free for either of them, but reading about how they overcome adversities tog
Diana Shaffner
Finding Refuge is a light read with a predictable storyline. It is an enjoyable book for the beach or a cozy weekend at home.
Mia Downing
Travis Holt carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, and his world is more than Atlas can carry. Andri Miller moves to Utah to escape a hectic world of a failed engagement and a strained relationship with her mother. The two meet through a mutual friend, and sparks fly. But is the fragile yet beautiful relationship they've built enough to survive the aftermath when Travis' world comes tumbling down?

I really loved this book. Finding Refuge is a touching love story, featuring characters
Nancy Stopper
I loved this book. Both of the main characters had flaws - but they were real. You were drawn into the story and the fact that their path to happiness wasn't perfect was very well written. I loved the progression through the story, even the rough parts that drove our characters apart. My only wish was that we saw a bit more of the soul searching that Travis did, but I appreciated how she showed how they both worked through their issues and came out healthier on the other side. I look forward to ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
It was alright. I think I liked it slightly better than Mending Fences but I still had a hard time getting invested in the story.

Both characters, Travis Holt and Andromeda (Andri) have their own issues that they must overcome. While they were real and somewhat likable people, I never truly felt connected to them which in turn makes it difficult to really enjoy the book. Still I think maybe this author has potential and may check out future books from her.
Lhenry
A sweet, somewhat sad story with a hopeful ending. I think a lot of people do what Travis does and it was nice that he was able to move on from the bad place he was in emotionally. I found Andri to be a little less developed as a character, but she did avoid being a healing angel stereotype too.
Sherri
Any book that makes me sincerely laugh out loud while reading is a good book. Well written and developed characters. I loved that we caught a glimpse of Mending Fences in Finding Refuge. I will read more books by Lucy.
Gayla Glass
Pretty good story & characters.
Lindsay
Nov 08, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/8/2012
Donna Natoli
Donna Natoli marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Brenda
Brenda added it
Oct 23, 2014
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Shea
Shea marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Fi
Fi added it
Aug 26, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Tara Jo
Tara Jo marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Leanna Manuel
Leanna Manuel marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
  • A Second Chance at Forever
  • What's Life Without the Sprinkles?
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
  • The Best Man
  • Sweet Surrender
  • The Fire of Thieves
  • Embers of Hope (Second Gift #1)
  • Tool Belt Defender